In the Battlefield 1 Incursions Closed Alpha? If you're unable to see the forums, log out and log back in.
Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

Why is this game so toxic for anyone that has anything less than fiber optic internet

aw4nker420
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
This game has too many lag restrictions which majority affects the balancing system. How can you make a game balanced when the players outcome depend entirely on their ping staying under the threshold. Here's a list of things that needs to check with server before it takes affect.
Walking, running, crouching, going prone, aiming down sights in most vehicles, changing weapons, changing gun in vehicle, reloading(has to remain under ping threshold entire reload), vehicle self-repair(has to remain under ping threshold entire repair or it resets repair, and why does it do that if not only to favor players with lower pings and not actually skill), getting in vehicles, CHANGING THE VIEW IN VEHICLES?,WHY!?!?!
There's probably more but these are most major factors. How can a pilot or tanker use sights when it's constantly un-sighting and the view is rubbering back, forth, left and right. Was server-side a last defense against hackers that didn't work? I've never had a game leave such a bad taste in my mouth and feel like i was nothing else but a target for other players. I guess i should say thanks dice for turning me off your products, it was a good run.

Comments

• rock1obsta
    3236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There should be a standard for internet capabilities when it comes to online multiplayer games.
    If there wasn't, we'd have nothing but people from halfway across the planet infesting our American servers and making them junk, just like they do in 3 & 4.
    It's high time DICE did something about it.
  • ProLegion_exor
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    There should be a standard for internet capabilities when it comes to online multiplayer games.
    If there wasn't, we'd have nothing but people from halfway across the planet infesting our American servers and making them junk, just like they do in 3 & 4.

The truth.
  • HuwJarz
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People in here love to moan about OOR players. Its not the OOR players fault. Your venom should be directed at DICE and EA.

When DICE put out their big marketing campaigns in countries that 'infest' servers and make them worse e.g. Indian Subcontinent, South America, Africa, Middle East, they don't put in the box that the players NEED a decent internet connection and are likely to have e a crappy experience. They don't advertise on the box that if you are in Greece, that your nearest server is going to be in Ireland! You know why not? If they warned players that it was going to be rubbish, then they would sell less games.

Its DICE/EA that do not put decent servers in the areas in which their sell the game. It's their problem to sort it out. It's unfair to expect OOR players to do anything other than find servers that give them the best experience for them. They paid the same amount of money as you.
  • KingRofty
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am from South Africa, so could only play on the European servers, before DICE added servers for the African continent.

I'm used to being the bullet sponge - my KD ratio is really crap because of it - and constantly being penalized for my high ping. :blush:

But I still love the game and still have a lot of epic moments, so I've learned to accept it and live with it.

My ping is normally between 180ms & 200ms & the game still feels smooth to me. If I head shot someone with my Gewehr 98 sniper rifle, it still registers fairly quickly.
  • Zooboid
    569 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My ping is usually 18 - 20 in region, but every one else has 100 plus pings. I still get shot round corners a heck of a lot and I see that those with what seems to be the optimal ping of 50 to 60 ping wreck all comers.

I honestly do better out of region, at least my ping is the same as everyone else then.

Came back with the new patch, graphics better but otherwise same.lld issues.
  • NLBartmaN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Zooboid wrote: »
    My ping is usually 18 - 20 in region, but every one else has 100 plus pings. I still get shot round corners a heck of a lot and I see that those with what seems to be the optimal ping of 50 to 60 ping wreck all comers.

I honestly do better out of region, at least my ping is the same as everyone else then.

Came back with the new patch, graphics better but otherwise same.lld issues.

It indeed seems the other way around: you get punished for having optic fiber connection like me with ping under 20.
    If there is someone with a ping above 100 on the server it is much harder to kill anyone if that player is in the neighboorhood of the one you try to kill. Being killed around the corner is happening to me as well.
    It seems like lag compensation for players with high ping.

The best sollution seems to me to check players ping and put them on servers/show only servers in server browser with all players with around the same ping.
    And don't let them connect to servers with different ping ranges. Everybody happy.
  • TRUE4K60FPS
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    theres not a single german server so im usually arround 30-70 pings. now you think this sounds playable but its not. its a total lagfest.
  • V2Face
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It’s kind of messed up that there are no localized servers for some players in their respective regions but from a business and financial standpoint would it be wise to invest in servers in a bunch of regions where the player counts aren’t as strong? I agree that every continent should have an east and west server.
  • magosnow
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Most people should tone down a bit their ego.....then performances and ping would magically match.
  • TG_JAZZY
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 13
    I joined a game via 'matchmaking' it was supply drop on lupkow pass anyway I aimed at a guy who was doing this statue like slide it was comical then I was instakilled, with that and the game running like poo I looked at the scoreboard and sure enough about 2 of us had normal ping the other 20 were above 100.
    It was a lesson learned,'matchmaking' is a free4all
  • theONEFORCE
    1261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    As games get more advanced its going to be harder and harder to play them with subpar connections. At one point we were all able to play Wolfenstein over dialup modems but times have changed and now we need better internets. If you don't like that then invent something that lets advanced games play smoothly over crappy internet connections. If you do that you'll also get rich so it will be a win win.
  • huricanechuck
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »

Agreed, if you have **** internet then why would you expect a good online multiplayer experience? If i enter my Ford Focus into an F1 race am i likely to have a good experience?

#bringbackspringpatchnetcode

well if it's a race with no fuel stops, it could go well .
  • wiazabi
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As games get more advanced its going to be harder and harder to play them with subpar connections. At one point we were all able to play Wolfenstein over dialup modems but times have changed and now we need better internets. If you don't like that then invent something that lets advanced games play smoothly over crappy internet connections. If you do that you'll also get rich so it will be a win win.

Its not a problem playing over dialup all you need is a stable connection and proper ping as in < 50ms and when it was dialup and you didnt have a server near enough to have a good ping you just didnt play as it was the proper thing to do instead of annoying other players by laggin all over the place.

The thing about Fiber internet is that it has crazy acceleration which is what you want for low ping, so we dont really need to have servers nearby as in the case of dialup or similar.

Problem is that DICE/EA have total control over where servers will be so we cant have our own private server anymore, but if you cant play with a proper ping please do something else instead of making those that play with proper ping suffer, like high ping + high lag compensation -> kill people before they see you or multiple hits come as 1 big hit on low ping players from high pings, its not fun.
  • moosehunter1969
    453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The amount of information that has to flow up and down those pipes in today’s mega games I’m surprised they even work at all.
  • TG_JAZZY
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Out of 30 players in a server tonight only 4 of us had the full 5 bars showing,this was a normal EU server from the browser