Weekly Debrief

How to report a cheater on ps4?

jimmyswaggerz82
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Ok this is my second time encountering a cheater,this time was a lot different then the first.My first time I encountered two teammates floating above the map one was invisible and both were invincible to all attacks.Tonight was different,bc it wasn't clear until my 6th death to the guy.Ok I'll try to keep it short.So I took 2 shots hitting one in the torso with the SMLE Carbine so that gives you an idea of the distance.Anyways he landed at least two on me so I bayonet charged away and into a trench.Literally the moment I landed he hit me with a headshot.But the kicker was that he shot through rocks,and down into a trench while I was running!I first payed no attention thinking it was a great shot.But on my final and sixth death to this guy I remembered encountering him awhile back.( his name is so unique I couldn't forget it) So on my last death I was capturing a flag along with a teammate whom seen this guy first and fired in him.I was under a "bridge" in a trench and he didn't notice me,and my teammate was in front of me in the same trench.He dropped my friend and as I started (hitting him twice with 1911)he turned on a dime and hit me before my kill shot directly in the head.Ok this doesn't do any justice to just how insanely fast and accurate this shot was.And on top he had the smallest window to hit me just under that gap of a bridge.
So my question is how do I go about reporting this and where?Thanks for reading if you did!

Comments

• MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It could be due to the "update" we got. I have been killed through walls, around corners, ducking behind walls that you would have to climb over. 1 shot killed by mars pistol etc etc...
  • jimmyswaggerz82
    I thought about that to.A lot of my shots have been missing today.Hopefully ill run into this guy again and see?
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was getting for stretches of time in lots of games where 1-5 shots from scout rifles would register and 1-5or6 shots from LMGs would register. I shot a guy 5 times from the overlooking ledge on B lag on Saini today with no mark...and HE WAS PRONE. Obertz pistol was having that issue as well. Like I said I got one shot killed in a front lines game by a Mars pistol as well.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did you save a clip of this? Because hacking on a PlayStation is as rare as a white whale. Collect evidence if you want people to believe you.

From what you’re describing, it can be explained by anything from lag, unbelievable skill, and just pure luck.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    would like to see a video of this as i've never encountered anything like this
  • TylymiezWelho
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    Was it by any chance in Fort De Vaux?

I have encountered the Floating Unkillables twice there, but nothing on other maps that could not be explained by lag, for example.

EDIT: and both of these were about few weeks ago, so not caused by the latest patch
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    MurfCr wrote: »
    It could be due to the "update" we got. I have been killed through walls, around corners, ducking behind walls that you would have to climb over. 1 shot killed by mars pistol etc etc...

Yeah I've seen this often now since the patch.

Also the visuals in the game are misleading. Just because it shows a person facing the other way doesn't mean that is really the way he was facing. It was most likely a visual glitch since there is no hacking in console.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Record any fishy gameplay you encounter. A lot of times I will think something in the moment and upon further review through video recording I realize it was my initial overreaction.
  • Ronin9572
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Also the visuals in the game are misleading. Just because it shows a person facing the other way doesn't mean that is really the way he was facing. It was most likely a visual glitch since there is no hacking in console.

No hacking on console? We've been told it's not possible, but anything is possible. But to the OP, lag and misleading visuals are probably what happened to you. The last few months I've been getting shot more and more behind objects and around corners. And as far as players being deadly accurate, players are using mouse and keyboards on console now. While their not perfect they can give a huge advantage over controller using players.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

No hacking on console? We've been told it's not possible, but anything is possible. But to the OP, lag and misleading visuals are probably what happened to you. The last few months I've been getting shot more and more behind objects and around corners. And as far as players being deadly accurate, players are using mouse and keyboards on console now. While their not perfect they can give a huge advantage over controller using players.

Hacking is highly unlikely. First you have to jailbreak the PS4 to be able to install any type of modification. When you do that you can't go online since you have to authenticate to the PlayStation network which will brick your console due to the false credentials.
  • jamiestar79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What pi$$es me off are enemies that spawn out of corpses!
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That is a result of the spawn animation into the game. Prior titles simply have you spawn immediately on players. Now they designed this 2-3 second animation where you drop in from the menu screen. Simply removing that mechanic would likely solve the spawn trains on dead bodies.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On several occasions I have thought I was in the clear, when it turns out I wasn't. Because the ragdoll of what was once your player, will continue to travel in the direction it was heading, even after it died, it sometimes seems on the "kill screen" like you were around that corner, when you weren't. If you get revived in a situation like that, you will be where you died, not where your body ended up. And I've seen that I was, in fact, not around that corner. I've even been killed again, by the same player, in a situation like that. (lol) Not every instance are explained by this, of course, but some.

Being shot around corners is always going to happen to some degree in online shooters, bacause latency. (Others can explain it much better, so I won't go into that.)
  • Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you can't cheat on ps4?
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2017
    you can't cheat on ps4?

Well, if you mean hack, then people have a) no evidence, b) "evidence" that can be explained by other things or my favorite c) they found a guy online who sells them for 50 bucks, so clearly it's a real thing :-D
  • MurfCr
    PS4 has not been broken yet, and considering how long its been out chances are slim now that it will. Same goes with Xbox1.
  • VBALL_MVP

This should be fixed shortly. They are testing a new feature in CTE.
  • llIBertIll
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This should be fixed shortly. They are testing a new feature in CTE.

This would be good. Sadly I’m used to it but that doesn’t mean it’s still not frustrating as hell when you clear a room, turn to leave and get shot in the back
  • jimmyswaggerz82
    Was it by any chance in Fort De Vaux?

I have encountered the Floating Unkillables twice there, but nothing on other maps that could not be explained by lag, for example.

EDIT: and both of these were about few weeks ago, so not caused by the latest patch

As a matter of fact it was where I encountered those "floating" enemies.Haven't seen that anywhere else yet.
  • skoopsro
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2017
    Its not cheating its a bug. A friend of mine had it happen and its on video. The devs have seen it and aware of this. Its NOT cheating. Happend on amiens map.