hackers...

Revokah
820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Why does everyone just assume someone is cheating if they’re doing well? Like every time I play the ‘salt box’ is only ever used for someone to call someone else a cheater, I’m pretty confident I’ve only seen 1 clear as day blatant cheater playing bf1? Do people think they’re better than they are or are they genuinely that frustrated ?

Comments

• D5RAT
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the useful post ...in B4 lock
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    At OP, because I have co-workers who I game with who actually ADMITTED to me that they use hax. It's people who give them the benefit of the doubt (ex: People who love to say "get gud" or "u mad bro?" or "salty" or "I've yet to come across a cheater") that feeds into the egos of persons who actually DO cheat. I was personally shocked when someone in my circle of friends admitted to using an aimbot in BF:Hardline and BF1 and his reasoning? "I get off on people actually defend me thinking that there's no such thing as a cheater in BF1". lol, smh.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    OP I could post clear evidence on here as to the scale of the issue but i'd get a long time out pretty quick, so I won't

cheating in BF1 (real or perceived) has hurt the game imo, look at the size of the pc player base - it's sad

it is true tho that average players think they are better than they actually are and hackusate innocent players
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1735 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A bit hyperbolic. Not everyone assumes good players are cheating. But there is a subset of extremely vocal players dominating the chat and accusing most of the opposition in turn. This is often accompanied with other toxic behaviour.

I wrote on a another thread that I was seeing less hackusations, but I guess that was down to luck. Have seen and gotten them myself more since. So it is something you just have to tolerate, or turn the chat off. Even if the game were to get a new relatively airtight AC, I doubt it would do much to quench these types of players.

Your playtime and region might explain why you have encountered little obvious cheats. It has been mentioned in the main cheat thread that late summer EU has seen a decrease in blatant cheaters, and the ones seen have been promptly banned.

I know the accusations are irritating, but if they bother you so much, perhaps you should have stayed on PS4.
  • Kunstula
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2017
    Let's see here, a game that's very easy to cheat in because they didn't do many very important server-side checks, no client-side anti cheat and a server-side anti-cheat that is lacking at detecting cheating patterns, especially subtle cheating? Yes, logic dictates that would greatly increase the amount of distrust that people have when someone is getting mad scores.
    If this game had the most stringent measures to combat cheating, then the (IMHO) very small problem of false accusations would decrease.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think many players are indeed paranoid about hackers. I'm not saying they don't exist, because they do. There are many websites out there that will sell/provide hacks.

But I've had a couple of hackusations myself lately, when all I did was get a couple of multikills. Nothing special. Another guy said he was reporting me for bagging him. :D

It makes my day when a hackusation comes my way. It's a compliment.

But, my point is, if I can get accused of hacking, when I did nothing out of the ordinary, it has to make me question all the other accusations I see flying in literally every single match. Do most of these players genuinely believe in their accusations, or is it that they just can't handle getting killed and need to lash out to sooth their bruised ego? When someone dies in this game, there's a huge chance that they'll go straight in the chat to either cry hacks, or claim that the person who killed them is a noob, with a noob gun. Sigh.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That’s exactly my point like how many of these hackusations are just total garbage? I get it most times I play and it’s just like ffs really, then more people jump on the band wagon, don’t get me wrong I’d love to rid the whole e-world from cheaters but they’ll always find a way, they always have.

It’s a real shame it’s come to this, further more how did macho know I came from PS4 to pc... lol
  • Kattegat_Twin
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    He knew you came from PS4, because if you click the BF4 under your username, it shows you have it on PS4. And you posted this thread in the PC section, so it wasn't a huge leap to make, to connect the dots. ;)
  • Revokah
    Must be different on mobile I guess, cause mine doesn’t
  • SirBobdk
    3014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been playing for almost 15 years and a lot as admin.
    Last 14 days: 9 aimbots and a few suspicious players. None after Patch.
    Total I have come across more than 30 aimbots. (not counting), and a large number of suspicious players
    My experience says that If it looks, swim and smells like a fish, it's a fish.
    There are not many cheaters in BF1, and there are probably more accusations but there are more cheaters than in previous BF games and that is the problem.
    And they have become better at avoiding the radar.
    Our clan is called cheaters a lot of times so I know the feeling well.
    if you don't cheat it's not a problem. Take it as a compliment but BF1 is right now not the place to gain recognition for skills.
  • Revokah
    It certainly seems that way! I’ve been playing for years and there’s only ever been one guy I’ve seen who’s been a cheat and it’s been hard to tell, the aimbots and wall hacks are so easy to spot it’s just like, why bother if your not so good, just practice!
  • SirBobdk
    3014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aimbots are not necessarily that easy to spot.
    Many people know how to use them making it hard to determine.
    The obvious ones have not read the manual :smile: or forget and exaggerate the use of it and gets caught.
    Same with wallhacks. If you know how to play with it, you won't be noticed.
    That's why we need a working AC. It's hard to judge as a player and therefore results in a lot of hack accuations.
    We have to get confidence in the game back, so we can recognize good players instead of accuse them of cheating.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    665 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fine, except only an idiot runs his cheat all through the game. You use it to pick of three or four players in difficult to counter places, or you snipe the guy who sniped you, or my favorite, you spin a 180 and do an instant one shot kill.

If a players stats are open, hand grenade accuracy is a "tell". How many times has a grenade just happened to show up where you are?

Cheaters aren't stupid. They cheat intermittently throughout the game. Being top score is drawing attention to yourself and your cheating.

BTW, you can go into BF Tracker sites, and actually see when the hack was bought by the sudden uptick in KD.
  • Micas99
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    Why does everyone just assume someone is cheating if they’re doing well?

"Everyone" does not. Some people tend to assume someone is cheating if they're cheating. BF1 is a cheat paradise, so seeing many actual cheats obviously causes people to conclude that "god-like" players, such as yourself, are cheating.
    Like every time I play the ‘salt box’ is only ever used for someone to call someone else a cheater,

What other use is there for this so-called 'salt box'?
    I’m pretty confident I’ve only seen 1 clear as day blatant cheater playing bf1?

When you're so skilled that you're better than people who are cheating, you're unlikely to think anyone else is cheating.
    Do people think they’re better than they are or are they genuinely that frustrated ?

They are generally frustrated because there's basically zero anti-cheat in BF1. They see cheaters rage, understand most cheaters don't rage (just appear to be very 'skilled'), and are just generally fed up with the current state of the game.

Your stats are... unreal. Congratulations at being so good at the game. With your skill you should be playing for money! I wonder why you're more concerned about false hackusations than with the AC in the game? If people trusted the game, there wouldn't be any cause to hurt your feelings.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ^^ outed lol
  • Sechnaill
    985 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It isn't necessarily the score that shows someone cheating ... it's their game style that does.
  • NamelessForNow
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fine, except only an idiot runs his cheat all through the game. You use it to pick of three or four players in difficult to counter places, or you snipe the guy who sniped you, or my favorite, you spin a 180 and do an instant one shot kill.

If a players stats are open, hand grenade accuracy is a "tell". How many times has a grenade just happened to show up where you are?

Cheaters aren't stupid. They cheat intermittently throughout the game. Being top score is drawing attention to yourself and your cheating.

BTW, you can go into BF Tracker sites, and actually see when the hack was bought by the sudden uptick in KD.

I can't entirely agree with you. My k/d has been 1.78 since pretty much launch. I play support most of the time and my main gun was the BAR iron/AA sights. A few weeks ago I gave the parabellum suppressive a shot and my k/d has gone up to 1.82. You can check my stats. I haven't used any other weapon over that time and my k/d since I've been using it has to be around 3. It's the most OP weapon in the game, once you get used to it.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1735 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    He knew you came from PS4, because if you click the BF4 under your username, it shows you have it on PS4. And you posted this thread in the PC section, so it wasn't a huge leap to make, to connect the dots. ;)

Also, I remembered seeing OP in discussions about the platform change. I hope the family does okay regardless of the investment.
  • UXROO
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I guess everyone called someone cheater and sure it happens you're wrong (duo dumb death cam) and yes there are many players that will constantly call out players, but sadly BF1 is game where it's easy to cheat. You can use almost every cheat and if you have some brains you won't get caught. Still cheaters are ruining game and there are way more cheaters as you can imagine. just go into spectator mode and see it for yourself.
  • ROTCrazytrain1
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    take it from somebody whos played had every bf game ever made and took every character to the highest level in every game in every bf,there is a ton of cheaters in bf1,dont listen to the cheerleaders out here or the players that have probably only played bf 4 and bf 1 .the players that are just squeezing by the bann are the ones that you see on here day in and day out going 49 and 5/ and there favorite phrase is get gud,trust me listen to someone who knows.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!