This Week in Battlefield V

How to Unlock the New Beginning Dogtag Battlefield 1 - HELP

sn00pski
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello guys,

so I would like to get the freaking dog tag for another, I guess, Phantom Program for BF1.
More info about it by JackFrags here

So I went to Suez and Sinai Dessert maps, found the phones, went to the station to get the morse code and used the app on my phone to decrypt it.

What my app says I get something like that - M E EIEEE EIEI IEE IIEEIEEEEEEEEEEIII EEEIIEE EEEEHEEEEIS EIEEEEEEIEEIE EEEIIEEIIEE EEIEIEE EEIEEEI EEIEEE EEEIE EIEEEE EII IEIIIEI EEISS EIEEEE EE E EESE IIE EIEIIE EEE E EIE IEEEIEE IIEIE EIEE IIEEEEIEI EIEEEEEIII E EEE SEIEIIEEEEEE EEE EIEEE EIEII E I EEEEEE EEEEEEEIII EEEIIEI EEEEHEEEEIS EIEEEEEIEEI

How to decrypt that information to a location, can someone help me with that?

Comments

• CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's not easy to unlock and it took me around 2 days of trying. This website helped a lot and it talks you through each stage. https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Battlefield_1 it also have a list of all the locations and message options.

It also have links to online tools that can help you to decrypt the morse code.

My advice is to stick to maps that are quiet, when you record the morse it needs to be clear as possible. If I recall correctly, the method I used was to recrod a video of the morse code, uploaded it to youtube and then used a website to extract the audio. This audio clip I then uploaded to https://morsecode.scphillips.com/labs/audio-decoder-adaptive/ which decoded it for me. The resulting message was then put into an online decoder, I used this one http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/ and this message tells me the location of the next symbol to find. One you've found it you hear a sound and then repeat the process.
  • sn00pski
    Thanks for you effort! I've managed to do step by step with JackFrags, as the Morse Code app was just misleading me and decrypting the code totally wrong.
    I'm on 6th step now, geez how did they come up with this - I mean - come on! :D
  • H3rr_Trigg3r
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017
    sn00pski wrote: »
    Thanks for you effort! I've managed to do step by step with JackFrags, as the Morse Code app was just misleading me and decrypting the code totally wrong.
    I'm on 6th step now, geez how did they come up with this - I mean - come on! :D

Took some time for me but it was pretty easy when they had deciphered the locations. The next Dogtag, A Conflict, was more tedious and annoying.
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Took me a long time to get it.

I used empire's edge map because the device where you hear the Morse code is inside the turret room (close the door after enter), make sure the is not raining, trust me on this, you don't want the thunder noise on the background when are recording the audio. I recorded the audio with my cellphone then I use a software on my pc to get the audio waveform from that record (the Morse code from the game) and just wrote down the dash and dot sequence on a plain text file, then I used an online translator.

Don't use those apps, at least for this, won't work.

tbh, so far I only saw other ppl having this dog tag equipped no more than 2 times (either when you take the dog tag or they kill you), the new one, a conflict, been seeing a decent amount, maybe because is not hard as a new beginning to get, just tedious, that is my opinion anyway. btw, you don't need A new beginning to get A conflict, you can get the other one without having A new beginning.
  • sn00pski
    Cheers guys, I'm about to finish this(stage 8) - every time I record it and put that in Audacity to get the morse code, as all the apps on the phone I was useing were crap.

Is it possible to do the second part by yourself or you need someone to help you?
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    edited October 2017
    Cheers guys, I'm about to finish this(stage 8) - every time I record it and put that in Audacity to get the morse code, as all the apps on the phone I was useing were crap.

Is it possible to do the second part by yourself or you need someone to help you?

you mean when you need to go the windmill in Giant's Shadow?? No when I did it, went there all alone. I don't know with all the updates after I did it, I guess still the same. Make sure you hear that sound (you should know at this point the one I'm talking about) when the pigeon flies by you.
  • sn00pski
    Nope, I'm talking about the second Dog Tag with the lights at Soisson map.
  • CanonFodder23
    353 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes, you can do it on your own. That's what I did. Finding an empty map, though, was difficult. I ended up renting a server for a day to do this task. In the end it took just a couple of hours once I'd figured everything out.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys,

so I would like to get the freaking dog tag for another, I guess, Phantom Program for BF1.
    More info about it by JackFrags here

So I went to Suez and Sinai Dessert maps, found the phones, went to the station to get the morse code and used the app on my phone to decrypt it.

What my app says I get something like that - M E EIEEE EIEI IEE IIEEIEEEEEEEEEEIII EEEIIEE EEEEHEEEEIS EIEEEEEEIEEIE EEEIIEEIIEE EEIEIEE EEIEEEI EEIEEE EEEIE EIEEEE EII IEIIIEI EEISS EIEEEE EE E EESE IIE EIEIIE EEE E EIE IEEEIEE IIEIE EIEE IIEEEEIEI EIEEEEEIII E EEE SEIEIIEEEEEE EEE EIEEE EIEII E I EEEEEE EEEEEEEIII EEEIIEI EEEEHEEEEIS EIEEEEEIEEI

How to decrypt that information to a location, can someone help me with that?

Check westies video its better thats how i got mine and also install the extra plugin for the more code decrypter makes it much easier you dont even need to read the whole message to see where to go next did mine on first try took about 4 hours in total
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    edited October 2017

my bad, but yes you can do it by your self as CanonFodder23 said. Did you get the first one?

Yes, you can do it on your own. That's what I did. Finding an empty map, though, was difficult. I ended up renting a server for a day to do this task. In the end it took just a couple of hours once I'd figured everything out.

What it worked for me, Asian servers. Also, what you can try is play with the time difference, I don't where you live but what I'm thinking is there is gonna be less ppl playing at 4,5 or 6 am, so look at the time difference (the other time zone compare with yours) and join a server that you know there is gonna be, let's say 6 am in server time zone. The weekend may not be the best days to try this, I'll do it in a business day (like tuesday).
  • sn00pski
    Cheers guys!

I got the first one, when I got the "pattern" it was quite easy.

Now need to watch a video how to get the second one easily, if anyone looks for help with the 1st one - let me know.
  • BizarkerDRule
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cheers guys!

Now need to watch a video how to get the second one easily, if anyone looks for help with the 1st one - let me know.

Hi i would like this dogtag but have no PC/Laptop to read the morse code
    If you could help let me know
    Minchmeat80
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    edited October 2017
    Cheers guys!

check here: https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Battlefield_1#Lights_Out

there is a video and a Excel spreadsheet that will help you a lot.

first download the Excel file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Lrn-yWBcQsRXRLWF9mQVVaeTg/view. I wouldn't use from the google drive, download it.
    then, you can watch this 2 videos:
    first: https://youtube.com/watch?v=TqApDtY0iMA
    second: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ufGMdpLUA04

• hellfire_cthulhu
    edited October 2017
    Cheers guys!

Minchmeat80

Hi, the only problem I can think is how to read the morse code the game gives you, all the rest can be done with a cellphone and even the ps4 browser.
    Those morse code apps for cellphones as you can read above from 3 different ppl, not gonna work.
    To me, for the only thing I needed a PC was to convert the audio that I recorded (with my cellphone) from the game, to convert it into a audio waveform, for those who don't know morse code, that was for me the only way to read it, to get the dash dot sequence.
    for example:
    .... . .-.. .-.. --- / .... --- .-- / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..-
    I used this online translator: https://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html
    that's the only thing I needed a PC to get that (converting the record from the game in a waveform), I got that type of sequence from the audio waveform with a little practice, was not so easy at first.
    Maybe there is an app to convert audio in waveform that you can use in your cellphone or tablet, with that I think you can do it.
  • sn00pski
    Cheers guys!

Minchmeat80

If you upload the morse code on YT I can translate it for you, just post it here and I'll let you know where to go for each step .
  • Tovarish_555
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    When I was trying to get the A Beginning dogtag, after I completed step 3, I went to another emcom, and it gave me the same morse as the first one with the white lights you start out with. Did it reset?
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    When I was trying to get the A Beginning dogtag, after I completed step 3, I went to another emcom, and it gave me the same morse as the first one with the white lights you start out with. Did it reset?

The stage that you are currently in depends on the color of the lights, and from the wiki page, stage 3 are purple lights and stage 4 are green lights. So, this is what I'm thinking, and please keep in mind that I did it a long time ago, so I don't remember much about it, but:
    - white lights, probably reset (keep in mind that in Stage 5 (clear lights) the lights can look like white).
    - purple lights, you are still on stage 3 and maybe you didn't hear the sound when you found the symbol (if you don't hear the sound it won't count even if you keep looking at it for an hour) or the code that you translated is wrong?
    - green lights, maybe you got wrong the Morse code?

I think it can be done in stages, don't remember.
    Maybe try on the Discord server, but at this point I don't know if is still active the BF1 Easter egg section.
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The stage that you are currently in depends on the color of the lights, and from the wiki page, stage 3 are purple lights and stage 4 are green lights. So, this is what I'm thinking, and please keep in mind that I did it a long time ago, so I don't remember much about it, but:
    - white lights, probably reset (keep in mind that in Stage 5 (clear lights) the lights can look like white).
    - purple lights, you are still on stage 3 and maybe you didn't hear the sound when you found the symbol (if you don't hear the sound it won't count even if you keep looking at it for an hour) or the code that you translated is wrong?
    - green lights, maybe you got wrong the Morse code?

I think it can be done in stages, don't remember.
    Maybe try on the Discord server, but at this point I don't know if is still active the BF1 Easter egg section.

If the same morse plays it means that their game didn't register them looking at the symbol. They just need to go and look at it again until they hear the mystery music. This is the only Easter egg which doesn't reset and can be done in stages.

The Discord server is still active though so it's a good suggestion that they try there for sure.

Also @LOLGotYerTags necro.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13063 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Yup 1 year necro.

Also, here is the BFEE discord.

https://discordapp.com/invite/bfee
This discussion has been closed.