Parabellum MG14 Low Weight way better than Suppressive?

Khal_Fraggo
494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I unlocked the Parabellum Suppressive a while ago and kinda wrote the thing off as a novelty gun. Very high RPM, but a crazy amount of bounce and even the bipod fire isn't that stable. It was only sort of fun at point blank, and even then not as good as the BAR.

But I FINALLY shot down that last damn plane to unlock the Parabellum Low Weight, and that thing is a beast! Way better hipfire, spread, and recoil decrease. And irons/AA sights are better than a scope at the ideal medium range.

Anyone else (who completed that stupid, random luck assignment) really enjoying this gun?

Comments

• PhilCliff
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's much much better. Though I prefer the MG it's much more stable
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny to me: The 2 plane kills were easy, no hard task. 2 back to back games of Conquest, and I had the plane kills

The Mortar kills are turning out to be super frustrating. I've been lucky to get ONE per game. I know all the tricks, fire at a group of enemies, perhaps try Argonne/C Flag on Empires Edge, etc

That thing is just a hitmarker machine. I get LOADS of hits, but actual kills are rare

And all to unlock probably the cheesiest LMG in the game so far. I'm no support player, so I'm not trying to throw rocks with this, but I've definitely seen more of the Parabellum than most other LMG's since it came out
  • PhilCliff
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Are you using the correct mortar ?

One is for infantry and the other is for vehicles. Less effective vs infantry.
  • Khal_Fraggo
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

The Mortar kills are turning out to be super frustrating. I've been lucky to get ONE per game. I know all the tricks, fire at a group of enemies, perhaps try Argonne/C Flag on Empires Edge, etc

That thing is just a hitmarker machine. I get LOADS of hits, but actual kills are rare

I had to switch to Operations to get the mortar kills. There is usually a big clump of guys to fire at pretty much every spawn. And yes, even then, I would sometimes hit like 5 people for 300 total damage but no kills.
  • Gforce81
    PhilCliff wrote: »

Oh yeah, I'm all over the Airburst version (the crappy one) The HE I do use in actual play, I find it to be pretty useful.

But the airburst is just an early warning system. Setup Mortar. See bad guy. Fire mortar. Mortar shell lands next to him, does 5 damage and says: "Hey brah, I kno you're busy sniping and all, but I just wanted to give you a heads up my brother is headed this way, like 3 seconds behind me, and that dude with the goofy facemask behind that rock over there wants you dead. Just wanted to give you a fair play heads up to maybe move? You've got a sec my bro is pretty slow, but wanted to let you know. kthnxbye"
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's become my go to weapon, really needs a buff though ;)
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its a good gun. Rips people up in close to mid range. I've been using it a lot for the last few days. Its one of those guns that makes my accuracy go down and my KPM go way up.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3089 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After unlocking the Parabellum Suppressive I wasn't in a hurry to unlock the Low wight Parabellum. With Suppressive's poor hip fire and server recoil when aiming down sight it didn't suit my play style.

But the low wight and suppressive are like night and day. After getting my second bomber I decided to go and get them mortar kills, hoped into an operation match on Argonne forest and got all the mortar kills I needed on the first two sectors. I decided to take it at for a spin to see how bad it is.........after getting an 11 kill streak with it on my first time using it, I've decided I like it very much. Good at mid-range an absolutely a monster in close combat.

For the mortar kills, I would recommend Argonne forest operation on the attacker's side especially if the defenders have some fight in them and want to defend the sectors.

Shooting down aircraft just hang around someone using the AA guns and try and steal there kills.
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't know, I played the supressive variant a few days ago and it felt really like a good gun. I would say, you can play both of them and do good, it just depends on which sights you prefer. Iron sights - you go with low weight, scope - you go with supressive
  • ashar_saleem121
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny to me: The 2 plane kills were easy, no hard task. 2 back to back games of Conquest, and I had the plane kills

And all to unlock probably the cheesiest LMG in the game so far. I'm no support player, so I'm not trying to throw rocks with this, but I've definitely seen more of the Parabellum than most other LMG's since it came out

I had a real issue until I figured out how to rapid (relative) fire the mortar. The real issue is people running away before you get the follow up shot because the animation takes forever.

The key is to reverse quick scope. Hit R2 to fire and then immediately hit L2 to go back to the map to aim your next shot. That really worked well for me.
  • Gforce81

I had a real issue until I figured out how to rapid (relative) fire the mortar. The real issue is people running away before you get the follow up shot because the animation takes forever.

The key is to reverse quick scope. Hit R2 to fire and then immediately hit L2 to go back to the map to aim your next shot. That really worked well for me.

I may have to do that. I also never play OPS, CQ 100% of the time. Not about to switch for an assignment, so I'll have to just slug it out in CQ.

I didn't realize you got to control the shell-following camera by exiting out of it right back to the device. Sometimes the map wouldn't pop after the 1st mortar, but I assumed it was some kind of bug or something.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I may have to do that. I also never play OPS, CQ 100% of the time. Not about to switch for an assignment, so I'll have to just slug it out in CQ.

I didn't realize you got to control the shell-following camera by exiting out of it right back to the device. Sometimes the map wouldn't pop after the 1st mortar, but I assumed it was some kind of bug or something.

That actually is a bug. By R2L2 you'll see the map and everything. You used to also not lose accuracy by doing this. But they nerfed it so you will have to zero in again slightly. It's still quicker than waiting for the animation
  • Puckerbucket
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

this is it, exactly. When you hit someone with that first shot (which never kills them), a lot of times they have no clue what just hit them or which direction it came from. So if you can immediately fire a second shot while they're still dumbfounded and haven't decided which way to run, that's when you ring the bell. It's a two-shot kill, in rapid succession.
  • huricanechuck
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    just play supply drop, it took me all of 3 games to get all 25 kills. especially if you have an over aggressive enemy team headed for the drop zone.
  • FocalCapybara34
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When i first tried the suppressive i hated it, it bucked and sprayed bullets everywhere.
    I put it away and then decided to give it another go.I have never serviced starred anything quicker than this weapon, it absolutely desroys multiple enemies when you learn how to use it.
    I have only just recently unlocked the low weight, but my first impressuons are the suppressive is the bettter for me.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PhilCliff wrote: »

Oh yeah, I'm all over the Airburst version (the crappy one) The HE I do use in actual play, I find it to be pretty useful.

But the airburst is just an early warning system. Setup Mortar. See bad guy. Fire mortar. Mortar shell lands next to him, does 5 damage and says: "Hey brah, I kno you're busy sniping and all, but I just wanted to give you a heads up my brother is headed this way, like 3 seconds behind me, and that dude with the goofy facemask behind that rock over there wants you dead. Just wanted to give you a fair play heads up to maybe move? You've got a sec my bro is pretty slow, but wanted to let you know. kthnxbye"

You'll be suprised at how many stupid snipers, and other players just sit in the same spot after getting hit from an airburst. The airburst is absoloutely deadly at choke points or open flag caps, and in game modes like Frontlines or Ops where players are bunched up more.
  • ElliotLH
    9540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2017

EDIT: Removed due to reading fail.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I must be one of the few people who prefer the Suppressive variant over the Low Weight one.
  • ElliotLH
    9540 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I must be one of the few people who prefer the Suppressive variant over the Low Weight one.

I'm the same as you. For some reason I feel like I can manage the recoil better using the optics compared to the LW version.
  • Khal_Fraggo

It takes like 2 games to get the kills in Ops. Not a big sacrifice.

The mortar is so situational in CQ I feel like it's a huge waste to equip one. But on Ops there's almost always a cluster of enemies to disrupt every time the thing refreshes.