New changes on the CTE, Dice please don't include them in vanilla!!!

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I've just played one and a half games on the CTE which i believe includes weapon balance changes and movement along with the new/old conquest format and pray to high heavens dice do not implement them although i pretty certain they will. The old conquest scoring promotes spawn camping pushing the enemy back which turns in to a **** storms and is completely pointless. The weapon changes are in my opinion un called for and except possible a change to LMG's but other than that they were fine. If/when they get imported into BF1 i think i might stop playing it. What i enjoy about BF1 is the forgiveness in terms of the damage you take before you die rather than now you can die before have a chance. I'm sure I'm probably going to get stick for this but anyway.

Comments

• Godhates1234
    412 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The LMG'S need a balance. Most of them is crap.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I now they do there so inaccurate. Just don’t think the rest do.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've just played one and a half games on the CTE which i believe includes weapon balance changes and movement along with the new/old conquest format and pray to high heavens dice do not implement them although i pretty certain they will. The old conquest scoring promotes spawn camping pushing the enemy back which turns in to a **** storms and is completely pointless. The weapon changes are in my opinion un called for and except possible a change to LMG's but other than that they were fine. If/when they get imported into BF1 i think i might stop playing it. What i enjoy about BF1 is the forgiveness in terms of the damage you take before you die rather than now you can die before have a chance. I'm sure I'm probably going to get stick for this but anyway.

Hi

Can you expand on the spawn camping issue please? Why would it be harder for a team to break out and capture flags than before? What did you see?
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I welcome the movement and slide cool down changes. The slide is easy to exploit it, and often in multiple slides the player isn't even facing you when they shot.

Imo.. the slide is to smooth. Players slide as if they are on a waxed floor no matter what terrain they are on. I know this is not real life, but some limitations or injury should occur.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    edited October 2017
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Hi

Can you expand on the spawn camping issue please? Why would it be harder for a team to break out and capture flags than before? What did you see?

Played 2 other rounds after and surprise surprise 1 was a spawn trap hell. Maybe it was just a bad team balancing in 3 of the 4 rounds I played being on the bad end of them. 2 different servers aswell. No idea why it was hard to breakout but the team didn’t and couldn’t go forward. The whole new/old conquest style makes going for a spawn trapping/ pushing other teams all he way back a simple easy was to win and with the fact that if you control the majority of the flags tickets bleed quicker and so the game ends quicker and can turn out this way. No idea why it was that bad. Could barely spawn anywhere that wasn't an enemy. People say that a chance of comebacks but from my opinion so far, it doesn't happen and if a team goes ahead a pushes right up it turns to spawn trapping tickets bleed faster and games are shorter. Like I said maybe it was just bad balancing but hardly ever experienced it in vanilla.
    Post edited by IIRogueMachineII on
  • IIRogueMachineII
    I welcome the movement and slide cool down changes. The slide is easy to exploit it, and often in multiple slides the player isn't even facing you when they shot.

Imo.. the slide is to smooth. Players slide as if they are on a waxed floor no matter what terrain they are on. I know this is not real life, but some limitations or injury should occur.

The slide change is ok. Tried it slid and then try to slide again and just belly flopped to the floor.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2017
    guns like automatico and HR would be fine if they stayed the same in vanilla against the rest of the guns in cte

they didn't need a buff at all
    Post edited by INCUBA3E-BF on
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Hi

Played 2 other rounds after and surprise surprise 1 was a spawn trap hell. Maybe it was just a bad team balancing in 3 of the 4 rounds I played being on the bad end of them. 2 different servers aswell. No idea why it was hard to breakout but the team didn’t and couldn’t go forward. The whole new/old conquest style makes going for a spawn trapping/ pushing other teams all he way back a simple easy was to win and with the fact that if you control the majority of the flags tickets bleed quicker and so the game ends quicker and can turn out this way. No idea why it was that bad. Could barely spawn anywhere that wasn't an enemy. People say that a chance of comebacks but from my opinion so far, it doesn't happen and if a team goes ahead a pushes right up it turns to spawn trapping tickets bleed faster and games are shorter. Like I said maybe it was just bad balancing but hardly ever experienced it in vanilla.

Some of the rounds I played on the CTE were horribly unbalanced. Like 14 v 21 and so on. Of course, with time it balanced out, but by then the enemy had almost all flags, and game over. The scoring system has nothing to do with this, though.

You see this behaviour in every round; people take a flag and keep moving straight ahead. Doesn’t matter if the other team takes the flag behind their backs, people keep moving forward. When the teams are unbalanced, though, there is a lesser chance of a back capping succeeding, and if that fails, soon one team has all the flags.

I’d argue that classical Conquest rules promotes defending flags over taking all flags. If a map has five flags, you only need three to start the ticket bleed. No need in taking more flags, you might end up losing more than you take.

The way the rules are in BF1, the difference between having three flags or two is small. So small, in fact, that one time I played Suez, we had two flags almost the entire round, but we made up for the difference in ticket bleed, by killing the enemies in great enough numbers, that we ended up winning the round. There were no incentive for us to push to the next flag, because we kept pace with only two flags. With classical Conquest rules, in the same scenario, we would get no ticket bleed from flags, only kills, and we would’ve lost by a wide margin.

The fact that the difference between having three flags or two is so small, in the current Conquest rules, I’d say is a big motivator to try to all-cap. That’s the only way to stop the enemy ticket bleed, except for the kills they get (technically, the spawns you use – don’t skip that revive!).

I prefer the classical rules, because I think they’re encouraging a more tactical play style (though, whether you’d actually see this, on a public server, is another question). With all of this said, the classical Conquest rules were not on the CTE last night. It was the plain, old BF1 rules.

On the weapon rebalance, I agree. The Parabellum MG 14/17 with slowdown aim assist is currently a bad joke. High rate of fire + higher damage + an aim assist that compensate for recoil = God mode.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The current conquest model is essentially capture the flag large. Players circle the map recapping flags constantly because it gives you the most points.

The old system definitely had a more authentic feel, with some epic back and forth rounds. I prefer the old system in many ways.

Majority flag control with ticket bleed definitely puts more focus onto tactics than running around blindly trying to cap every flag. Medics reviving becomes more important to slow ticket bleed.
    The biggest con for me with the old system was that games could last up to a hour.

Other than that I preferred the old system since you felt like you could really turn things around.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Well something was way off, tickets went way faster than usual but then again not had too many spawn trapping ******** games in vanilla, 1) game spawned in on FDV was on the team spawn trapping, just boring. 2) Spawn trapped side on Amiens. 3) I think was a balanced fairly equal game 4) Spawn trap hellhole. Yeah maybe it does promote more defending than taking of flags but also heavily benefits spawn trap/must win players as well.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldnt look too deep into how matches play out on the CTE,not many will be playing to win on the CTE servers,its for testing purposes and stats on them mean nothing. You probably just had a match where most on your team were simply messing around and testing things and those on the opposite team were playing like its a live public server.

Personaly im all for the gun changes and speed/slide change,hopefully it alters the current meta and brings the focus back on gun skills and tactics instead of the who can exploit latency the most by using the speed/slide mechanic to desync the player model.
    In my opinion bf1 is currently more akin to an arcade shooter like call of duty than a traditional battlefield game and this change should hopefully bring it back to how a more tactical battlefield game should play.
  • RichieDagger13
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I haven't played the CTE. I've only read about the changes. The two that stick out to me are the slide change and the weapon damage change.

It's strange, because they seem at odds with one in other in terms of game philosophy. I assume the slide change is to discourage that kind of twitchy slide-around shooting gameplay which isn't authentic to the setting of the game. Yet, the weapon damage change seems to promote the twitchy gameplay by significantly reducing the time to kill, which pushes the game into more of a killing jar/frag type of game.

One thing I'd like to see considered is to have movement greatly affect the accuracy of your shots. It's silly to see players rocking back and forth, side to side while shooting all the time. It really hurts the immersion factor, plus it's unrealistic as hell to have a guy rocking side to side shooting a sniper rifle with 100% accuracy.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't played the CTE. I've only read about the changes. The two that stick out to me are the slide change and the weapon damage change.

It's strange, because they seem at odds with one in other in terms of game philosophy. I assume the slide change is to discourage that kind of twitchy slide-around shooting gameplay which isn't authentic to the setting of the game. Yet, the weapon damage change seems to promote the twitchy gameplay by significantly reducing the time to kill, which pushes the game into more of a killing jar/frag type of game.

One thing I'd like to see considered is to have movement greatly affect the accuracy of your shots. It's silly to see players rocking back and forth, side to side while shooting all the time. It really hurts the immersion factor, plus it's unrealistic as hell to have a guy rocking side to side shooting a sniper rifle with 100% accuracy.

From what i understand and have noticed ingame,moving while you shoot does indeed have an accuracy penalty,although that accuracy penalty differs depending on the gun used.
    medic and scout weapons seem to be the worse for giving an accuracy penalty when shooting as you move because usually if you miss a shot your dead,wheras assault and support can throw so many bullets downrange that a few bullets missed due to the accuracy penalty wile moving doesn't effect them much or at all. (probably why assault and hellriegell is so popular)
  • IIRogueMachineII
    edited October 2017
    Maybe it was just bad balancing but 2 servers being ****. Also yeah right people don't take it seriously on the CTE. Thats why there was 3 spawn traps out of 4 and you only spawn trap when you take it seriously. I didn't really notice the weapons change per say only that if someone shoots you theres very very little time to get away, more or less insta dead more akin to BF4. Which is something i like about BF1, sure I've probably lost gunfights shooting first and the time the other player had to respond probably killed me but it gave me more chances of getting the kill if someone jumped me, this way is heading more for a who shoots first wins kinda deal.
  • Ronin9572
    1428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the slide needs to be redone. Strafer's need a huge penalty for movement. Tired of scouts being 100% accurate with this tactic, and all the other classes as well. Not sure why all these ppl think that a massive buff to weapons and TTK are such a great things. Yes LMG's need some help and the new shotgun shot pattern needs to be brought into the game. I believe this weapons update will push many players away from the game. Increasing the TTK will definitely make this game more arcadey and like COD. This update won't bring the COD'ers back because the new game is out soon. While I like many of the YouTube game critics. I believe many get paid to say positive things on games and updates for the developers.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    As far as i know the changes will decrease the TTK not increase it. With the slower movements and faster TTK its going to turn to BF4.
  • Ronin9572
    1428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well that's what I had meant, just came out wrong. Just waking up, lol
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As far as i know the changes will decrease the TTK not increase it. With the slower movements and faster TTK its going to turn to BF4.

bf4 had wayyyyys FASTER and more responsive movement than this game... lmao
  • IIRogueMachineII

bf4 had wayyyyys FASTER and more responsive movement than this game... lmao

Well to me BF4 was way slower. If you were getting shot chances are your pretty dead before you can move let alone know where you were being shot from.
  • MrWenting040
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Spawn camping isn't that much of a problem imo. If your team can't get their **** together than they will be dominated. In this way the round will be over in no time and there will be no poinless playing while knowing you never will catch up with the other team.

I agree with you on the weapon balance thing only the LMG's could use a buff.

Also the sliding nerf is a good thing imo.