Server Admin cannot switch players between teams.

mtruby
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi all,

I recently rented a BF1 server on XBOX ONE for my clan to practice/play together. The only reason I rented the server is so I can switch players between teams so my squad can all be on the same team. This however does not work. I think twice I was able to switch people, but thats it. When it did work, I left the server and came back and it was broken again. I spoke with EA support 4 times over the last two days and they haven't been able to fix it or tell me why its happening. When I click L Thumbsick to switch a player it clicks and thats it. No switch. Another thing its doing is vehicles are against server rules.. I checked and I don't have it set that way. Really buggy I guess.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Comments

• Axlerod1
    1358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    it works. It is clunky and laggy but it works.
  • mtruby
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So weird. I did everything I could to make sure it wasn't on my end.. Opened all ports, static ip, reinstalled update etc. I wish EA had an answer for me!
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2017
    Sometimes - not many - the whole admin falls away, maybe it was just 1 bad buggy round because I don't use this option that much but when I do it always works. Don't use it that much i found it even very weird that it was added, but I saw 1 player moving to winning team each and every round - when I reacted itw as already his 6th match in a row - so I put him back and said stop doing this or I remove you from the server - p.s. he kept doing it so I gave him a 1 week ban but that is going off-topic. And another thing where move helped was: I fill my server with idlers so old pcs with a real bf1 account but they don't play so when the round finally starts you don't want them all on 1 side because then you get a fullcap with only 20 players of which 6 are idlers. Then I go to the idler pc physically and use mouse keyboard to switch teams but sometimes then you get the message that teams will be unbalanced then, then I use server admin and move them with that and that is so strong - or 1 2 joined at the same time making it no longer imbalance but I don't believe that was the case - that it wins from that balancer.

EDIT above writing was 28oc17. Now it is 2no17 and this morning I also could not move players. I filled up my server - have 6 accounts so 6 pc's. I put 3 on each side but when the real round started at 20 players all of a sudden it was 1 vs 5 idlers so I had to move 2 (then i go to the keyboard/mouse of that account i want to move) but server said NO because it would become to unbalanced so it did not allow it. Then I went to server admin on my main account - like i wrote above "move" trough "server admin" is stronger then the server itself that is saying no I won't allow it - this time when you hold the mouse above "move" it went from grey to black letters like normal but when you pressed it no reaction, no popup so no : "player xxxx will be killed and moved to team xxxx. action will be taken even if the player is in a party with friends" just nothing and that was this morning.
    Now this afternoon so stil 2nov it works again (p.s. in case you wonder about this morning that it wasn't working because of server saying not allowed because of overall balance, it was 9 vs 12 and the 5 where with the 9 ... after failing to move 2 of the 5 then I tried to test move the 1 that was with the 12 to the 9 ... just for a test if that move could be done now that I could not move players from team 9 to team 12 ... but move on that 1 lonely idler didn't work either).
    But now that move works in the afternoon i have another thing: i want to kick a player for chat so i get the popup where I can 1 of 4 possible reasons for the kick and i choose "offensive behaviour" but after that he doesn't get kicked. ERR? p.s. maybe got to to with this bug I mean my server was bugged earlier read the reaction of 2nov17 https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/128154/new-bug-last-4days-server-browser-lies-sometimes-hours-long-64-64-1-and-reality-inside-1to40#latest , mmm solution after many tries to kick was a ban and then unban, so banning still worked.
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • BillBailey0
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the exact same issue on a PC server that I rent, the problem only appeared last night when trying to balance the server, it was then that I noticed none of the other commands are working either.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have the exact same issue on a PC server that I rent, the problem only appeared last night when trying to balance the server, it was then that I noticed none of the other commands are working either.

I don't know if i still have a problem with moving because i rarely do it. But what i still can't do today is kick people, i have to ban them and then go to banlist and unban them. This not being able to kick players bug is there now around 24hours.
  • Neox255
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    Yeah its a big issue with our rented servers. Cant kick or move players. Been like this for the past 2 days.
  • Leofrod
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Neox255 wrote: »
    Yeah its a big issue with our rented servers. Cant kick or move players. Been like this for the past 2 days.

Agreed, cant kick or move the users, just ban. We spend money with defective functions. When are you resolving this EA?
  • Axlerod1
    1358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, I was playing with this last night. It is not working. Another feature I guess gone or bugged. I am sure in another 6 months it will be fixed.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They wont resolve anything they dont care, they ignore us all. They dont even check the forums and reply to people, its a waste of time even posting on these forums.
  • BillBailey0
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OI, DICE, give us back our admin controls, or I will be cancelling our server.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    I made a separate topic for this kick problem a few minutes ago because it is day 3 now and this kick problem is persistant.
    I made it not in rsp but in bug part of the bf1 forum https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/128691/pc-rsp-server-admin-cant-kick-players-since-at-least-2no17/p1?new=1
  • CrashCA
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We are not renewing ours, just not worth it. SOON™ never came.
  • Axlerod1
    But hey, they are going to give away Neville Nights map and bring on yet another game mode of Incursions. This is a joke. None of it will bring the community back. Its like building a house and starting with the roof first. It wont work.

DICE needs to fix the core elements of the game first. Then worry about everything else.
  • -Antares65z
    1610 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Combined with the continuing lag issues, rampant cheating and other issues that have been ignored, I'm waiting to see how many players this game loses when SWBF2 drops on the 17th.
  • Axlerod1
    edited November 2017
    Probably not many considering pre-order sales are 60% below expectation at this time.
    I expect those that do purchase SWBF2, a large number will demand refunds within the first week.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Probably not many considering pre-order sales are 60% below expectation at this time.
    I expect those that do purchase SWBF2, a large number will demand refunds within the first week.

Star wars is a whole different game i dont think people will ask for a refund
  • ShevermiN
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Star Wars Battlefront II will suffer the same fate as Titanfall 2... just tanked because too much ill feeling from the first game. Even though they addressed all the problems from Titanfall and delivered a complete product sales were shocking and maybe 500 pc players now.

Battlefront II with it's single player mode, classes this time and better gun play and more starfighter modes will, on the PC, be devoid of players by christmas.
    And after the streamers and youtubers cracked it over the loot crate system the game is dead on PC before launch.
  • BillBailey0
    Admin controls are now working since the November patch.
  • Axlerod1
    RSP what was added today
    RSP administrators can now restart the current running level on their server, which will fully reload the level and reset destruction.
    RSP administrators can now select another level to load when choosing to restart the match.
    RSP administrators can now add up to 32 maps in a rotation.