Server Admin cannot switch players between teams.

Comments

• NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2017
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    RSP what was added today
    RSP administrators can now restart the current running level on their server, which will fully reload the level and reset destruction.
    RSP administrators can now select another level to load when choosing to restart the match.
    RSP administrators can now add up to 32 maps in a rotation.

I was in my server after the patch, round had started but I see no restart button in "server admin". Or can it only be done by going out of the server and then going to "your servers" and then press "update server" (no restart button).
    p.s. That last 1 can only be done by the owner then and not "administrators".

I will try "update server" when I have this bug again
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/128154/new-bug-last-4days-server-browser-lies-sometimes-hours-long-64-64-1-and-reality-inside-1to40 maybe I had that bug even because 1h15minuets ago - 17.47 CET - my server was empty and I filled the server at 10.30 CET when multiplayer online capabilities just went online again after the patch. So from 64 to 0 players - probably this bug or else a new bug in todays patch ... server crash.
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Let us all know. I wont get to try until around 6:30 Eastern Tonight.
  • stevegomer19
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The the rsp restart map and switch map it doesnt show up anywhere? where are these functions
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Claim to be added.
  • Braddock512
    1272 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    I've tested it with 4 different accounts (2 Xbox One, 1 PC, and 1 PS4) with servers in different regions.
    You may want to completely powercycle your device and log back in.
    Once you are in your running server, in a match, press the pause button (ESC on PC, start on PS4/Xbox One) and go to Server Admin. Tab over to the right to Actions. Depending on your server rotation, you should be able to Restart Current Map or Restart Change Map.

-Braddock512-
  • ShevermiN
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry for the question without notice but does that mean you can admin while in match ??? which I though you could not do.
  • NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2017
    I've tested it with 4 different accounts (2 Xbox One, 1 PC, and 1 PS4) with servers in different regions.
    You may want to completely powercycle your device and log back in.
    Once you are in your running server, in a match, press the pause button (ESC on PC, start on PS4/Xbox One) and go to Server Admin. Tab over to the right to Actions. Depending on your server rotation, you should be able to Restart Current Map or Restart Change Map.

-Braddock512-

Thx this solved it for me. Action tab is now working on my pc https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg

- ontopic after patch didn't have to move or kick players so I don't know of that is fixed.
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes I tested this out last night. Is laggy but it does work.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    bug is back , well at least in 1 round now 9.00am CET=Stockholm time 27nov17 https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/2646401550728 could not move my 6 idlers after my server went from pre-round 3 vs 3 idlers (+7 real players on each side) to 1 idler +9players vs 5idlers +5 real players once the real round started and quickmatch traffic started to flow .. so i wanted to move 2 of the 5 to the other side, 1 of the 2 i could move by hand on the account itself (I mean on its mouse keyboard) but the 2nd gave the message back from server that teams would become unbalanced.

So then I went to my main account and then to "server admin" because THEN the server doesn't look if it is unbalanced it just always moves but this time no reaction. Then I tried to see if the problem was that i wanted to move 1 of the 4 idlers that where on a smaller team to the bigger team with the 2 idlers, so i tried - for testing purposes - to move 1 of the 2 idlers of the bigger team to the smaller team with the 4 idlers but still nothing happens when you press move even then.

P.s. Did not check the kick option to see if that problem is also then back. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/128691/pc-rsp-server-admin-cant-kick-players-since-at-least-2no17#latest
    Post edited by NL73schietdammer on
  • D4NY3LA
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, my name is Daniela from Argentina, we rented a server on ps4 and we set domination mode in order to fill the players quota requiered in that mode so we can start playing faster and then we switch to Conquest mode once we have the amount of players ready.
    The problem is that when the domination round ends stills in domination and never switch to conquest.
    Why is that?
    Can you help us?
    What are we doing wrong?
    Thanx in advance!
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    They wont resolve anything they dont care, they ignore us all. They dont even check the forums and reply to people, its a waste of time even posting on these forums.

you sir are a genius

EA... Crash Everything!
  • CrashCA
    1000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Daniela, most admin functions appear to be broken since last update.
  • Axlerod1
    edited November 2017
    Just tested this tonight. Not working again.

I wonder why Ea stock dropped $15 bucks a share this month or a loss of 3 billion dollars. Players are getting tired of empty promises and garbage games i guess. You would think after 13 months, RSP would be smooth as silk.

I just hope BF2018 goes back to 3rd party rentals and DICE can make a game that is actually fun to play.
  • ShevermiN
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Just tested this tonight. Not working again.

I wonder why Ea stock dropped $15 bucks a share this month or a loss of 3 billion dollars. Players are getting tired of empty promises and garbage games i guess. You would think after 13 months, RSP would be smooth as silk.

I just hope BF2018 goes back to 3rd party rentals and DICE can make a game that is actually fun to play.

Guys they are not going back to 3rd party rentals.... Get over it.

• CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3rd part rentals is nothing but a ripoff, bf4 server rental is 3x price of bf1... dice just have to fix all the bugs and add features like mute players, and add details of a ban next to a banned name, reason of the ban. Remove the 100 ban list limit... they need to add temporary ban options, set a map for next round...
  • Neox255
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is not acceptable leaving everyone who rents servers with practically No controls for over a week now. Surely with all the resources EA/Dice have got this could of been sorted by now. or at least some communication from the devs reassuring us all that they are looking into it. One of our servers is stuck on Nivelle Nights (decent map when the server is full) but its mainly infantry apart from a couple of tanks. Its good to be able to have the controls to switch to a map that has more vehicles (planes etc) to keep people occupied whilst the server is filling up to meet the 20 player start.

As for 3rd party rentals - we just to need to accept that its likely to never be coming back for the Battlefield Franchise. I dont like the RSP but its here to stay is my gut feeling. I would rather pay the extra money for having proper controls and all the extras you get with 3rd Party rentals but those days are gone for sure.

• CrashCA
    3rd party servers were not a ripoff, way more flexibility. EA will NEVER provide the equivalent.
  • Axlerod1
    I was playing for a 3rd party servers some 2005. I will gladly pay 100 monthly for a server worth controls that work. Ea just wants the money but doesn't want to give us quality.

I reported Swbf2 sales were down 60% before the loot box debacle. It was down because of no rental servers. Check this very thread.

RSP will not get better for this game. It won't be better for the next game. This is why I won't beta or alpha test it. I won't preordained it. I probably won't but it.

Ea wants to go way of rentals via origin access only. You pay a monthly fee to play. No rsp, no server browser, no non on friends. That is according to Ea cfo Jorgensen.

This new model is not fun for me.
  • webSPELL-iKe
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Admin panel is not working on my side : https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/2707928910102

What's happening ? Should we wait an update in 1 month or will you fix this problem asap ?
  • D4NY3LA
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How could they have ruined something as good as the rsp in the other battlefields? Our servr was one of the most played in South America. But in btf1 we find many obstacles, few configuration tools, the horrible system to activate the round. No possibility of editing the look of the cover, now rental servers dont have personality.
    DICE have to understand that if the rent servs dissapear, lose the magnificent battles that occur when you always meet the same players, your opponents have a name, not random people. Have a rented server is like when you get used to go always at the same bar. You know who is going to be and you like that. You like the music they play and the drinks. Pls fix this !! Don't let the battlefield community lose one of the funniest things I used to have.