ROF for WW1 weapons?

2»

Comments

• Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    I am pretty sure there will be a balance between the SMG/LMG and the single bolt action rifles.
  • RODR1GU3Z_619
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait to Beast with the shotguns
  • The_Pyromaani
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dont forget Fedorov Avtomat. Its said to be 1st assault rifle. Which i doubt myself tho.
  • trhashbrownies
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If they make the amount of bullets it takes to put someone down smaller it shouldn't be a problem. That's what I'm hoping for. Should only take one to the chest from amy of the major bolt actions of the time period.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Automatic firearms during WW1 fired a good bit slower, on average, than today's automatic firearms. I think this will be compensated for by a higher damage model. For instance, the Chauchat fires about 240 rounds per minute, or four rounds a second. This will likely be balanced by a good chunk of damage similar to that of one of Battlefield 4's DMRs (like 40-45 maximum and 30-38 minimum). Obviously, a faster-firing machine gun will have a lower damage model. Something that fires 600 rounds per minute will likely have a damage model comparable to the SCAR-H, Bully Doge, M60E4, PKP, and M240B in Battlefield 4.