Since we are only gettimg 6 guns...

Decikraytor_6
319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
In the turning tides dlc do you think DICE will add another set of guns to the base game? Im a premium pass owner but ive noticed i dont touch base game weapons anymore and besides with all the youtuber suggsetions and fan/player suggestions there are plenty of nee wepaons to add to bf1 specifically for support and medic who are only gettinf 1 new weapon in turning tides which is fine but variety is the spice of battlefield lol

Comments

• jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In the turning tides dlc do you think DICE will add another set of guns to the base game? Im a premium pass owner but ive noticed i dont touch base game weapons anymore and besides with all the youtuber suggsetions and fan/player suggestions there are plenty of nee wepaons to add to bf1 specifically for support and medic who are only gettinf 1 new weapon in turning tides which is fine but variety is the spice of battlefield lol

Purchase the dlc then?
  • Decikraytor_6
    jmgargoyle wrote: »

Purchase the dlc then?

Already have it im a premium pass owner or was that not clear

Im saying out of all the options that dice had they decided to settle on a noticeably smaller amount of weapons then in the past
  • Fleetwood1987
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having guns for all 4 classes and have them fit into WW1 theme and balance them can't be easy, as opposed to a future or present setting where you could add all kinds of guns.
  • Decikraytor_6
    Having guns for all 4 classes and have them fit into WW1 theme and balance them can't be easy, as opposed to a future or present setting where you could add all kinds of guns.

Which is why i mention the hundreds of videos on youtube and even player suggestions as ootions for weapons to add in the game
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Which is why i mention the hundreds of videos on youtube and even player suggestions as ootions for weapons to add in the game

But they're trying to stick with that ww1 era? Hence the reason there's only so many guns. 6 more coming plus you've still got another dlc coming after the Tides dlc.....
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel with DICE sometimes. Its really hard to make everyone happy, especially in this playerbase.
  • Decikraytor_6

But they're trying to stick with that ww1 era? Hence the reason there's only so many guns. 6 more coming plus you've still got another dlc coming after the Tides dlc.....

I can list at least 5 weapons they could use for each class that are ww1 era based
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I can list at least 5 weapons they could use for each class that are ww1 era based
    I can guarantee you half of those will be in the next DLC.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    6 guns
    3 new melee weapons
    2 maps
    1 new operation.

This is what is apparently coming in December.

And no they are unlikely to be vanilla weapons.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How is this any different from any previous battlefield DLC?

• Decikraytor_6
    Wow apparantly i wasnt clear enough what my point is that since theyre not making in effort to add dlc guns do you suppose they might add vanilla guns like they failed to do with the worthless rank 10 weapon variants the hellreigal defensive being the leat useless variant whereas the huot optical being the most useless.

Frankly put aside from assault the dlc weapons are far superior to the vanilla weapons as a matter of fact on all classes except assault i pretty mucj use only dlc weapons and itd be nice to have some weapons added to the vanilla game that arent complete throwaways like the rank 10 variants.

At this point the variants are a lazy cop out but a clever one as dice has to add no real customization feature and they can add less guns into the game but make it seem like more by adding different variants of the same gun. Itd be nice to actual new guns added to the vanilla game then again they are probably more concered on the hot trash that is battlefront 2017 then their own original battlefield franchise
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow apparantly i wasnt clear enough what my point is that since theyre not making in effort to add dlc guns do you suppose they might add vanilla guns like they failed to do with the worthless rank 10 weapon variants the hellreigal defensive being the leat useless variant whereas the huot optical being the most useless.

Frankly put aside from assault the dlc weapons are far superior to the vanilla weapons as a matter of fact on all classes except assault i pretty mucj use only dlc weapons and itd be nice to have some weapons added to the vanilla game that arent complete throwaways like the rank 10 variants.

At this point the variants are a lazy cop out but a clever one as dice has to add no real customization feature and they can add less guns into the game but make it seem like more by adding different variants of the same gun. Itd be nice to actual new guns added to the vanilla game then again they are probably more concered on the hot trash that is battlefront 2017 then their own original battlefield franchise

Again how is this any different from previous battlefield dlc?

So 6 weapons in TSNP, 11 in ITNOTT and 6 in TT when orignally advertised as only 20 plus another DLC to go is dice lacking in effort?

That's your opinion and it's subjective. Hel defensive is broken on console, Huot optical is great, 1906 sniper is enjoyed by many and the martini sniper is a bf4 sniper rifle for those who complain that realistic muzzle velocities are casual

Balance is a thing. Sure there are plenty of bolt actions that could be added but next to zero smgs to add to equal that amount. What the point of adding heaps of weapons when they are just reskins of the same 5 variants. Sure it gives more aesthics choice but it's just glutter for no real good reason. How is it fair that one class gets a heap of weapons whilst the rest hardly get a thing

I mean look at the assault class for TT; got two pistol carbines instead of another shotgun or smg.

If you want tons of new weapons you could always pick up Hardline for $5. Visceral added free weapons alongside each DLC (a thing many people seem to forget)
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You sound ungrateful like 6 new toys is not enough. Most DLCs in Battlefields past only ended a few new weapons. I can’t imagine them changing that model now.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate that people keep expecting all these new weapon additions, when things are DICEY enough to balance as it is.

Either you make a new toy so powerful, it's immediately the new "main gun" of a class. See Parabellum

Or you struggle to find a new role for the new weapons, but add them anyway. See Mosin Nagant and General Liu
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, I don’t think they will add new weapons for the base games, that’s one of the reasons why they release expansion packs or DLCs, as they’re called nowadays. To get new stuff, you have to purchase them in addition to the base game.

There are lots of weapons that could be added to BF1, but that doesn’t mean that they will be added to the game. They will have to add something more than just a reskinned version of an existing weapon, after all, people are paying for these, and want value for money.

And in the end, game development takes time and cost money, and should try to turn a profit. Creating content to give away for free doesn’t really fit well with that goal.
  • MarxistDictator
    5249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I hate that people keep expecting all these new weapon additions, when things are DICEY enough to balance as it is.

Either you make a new toy so powerful, it's immediately the new "main gun" of a class. See Parabellum

Or you struggle to find a new role for the new weapons, but add them anyway. See Mosin Nagant and General Liu

Or you add the TTK rebalance which makes more than 3 automatic guns appealing and variety is put back into the game.
  • Decikraytor_6
    edited October 2017
    V2Face wrote: »

You sound ungrateful like 6 new toys is not enough. Most DLCs in Battlefields past only ended a few new weapons. I can’t imagine them changing that model now.

When i pay $120 for game i expect $120 worth of content thats a business perspective

Frankly if dice had fixed these bugs before letting them onto the main game then adding new content wouldnt be a problem

Also the maximum budget for AAA games has increased in the past 5 years and yet the games price havent because they are getting away with less content each and every year

Just look at the campaigns for bf4 and hardline compared to bf1

Seriously this stockholm syndrome gamers have adopted has made developers lazy and i do know how hard it is to code but thats why developers can make a comfortable living vs someone working at a walmart

And as for the weapon balance thats on the developers since they refuse to nerf the op guns or buff the underpowered guns DICE could actually take one out of Treyarchs book in realizing that having all base game lmgs have the same damage profile is a terrible way to balance anything

Either way it seems like bf1 was not as thoroughly worked on compared to what DICE has done on what would appear to be smaller budgets

Its unfortunate that some many people however have settled for quantity over quality and as a matter of fact id prefer (imo) if DICE skip bf2018 and take a year to getshitir ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ together then release an amazing bf title in 2019 that could last 3 years minimum id pay $200 for a game like that
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They could at least add more variants.

Infanry Carcano
    Marksman Arisaka
    ect

And also extra variants from guns in the past like

Springfield Infantry
    Mp18 Storm (this gun would look neat with a foregrip)
  • barfingogres217
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All I really want out of this game for now is the 1917 Burton LMR. If that doesn't come in Apocalypse then I will be very disappoint.
  • Decikraytor_6
    All I really want out of this game for now is the 1917 Burton LMR. If that doesn't come in Apocalypse then I will be very disappoint.

Honestly they could add thatthe sia modello 1918 the Lewis rifle the gast gun

So many "forgotten" weapons of ww1 they havent even touched on that have more info then the hellregial which only has a few pictures defining its existence