new bug last 4days: server browser lies - sometimes hours long - 64/64(1) and reality inside 1to40

NL73schietdammer
501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited October 2017
new bug last 4days: server browser lies - sometimes hours long - 64/64(1) and reality inside 1to40

somehow on server browser some servers get stuck at 64players / 64slots / 1in queue i mean visually in server browser - unfortunately quickmatch looks at that lie - although at the time it gets stuck it almost certainly is at 64 players playing and 1 in queu but then people start to leave because they have to do something else or 1 side gets beaten up and then yiou get ragequits or a new round starts and then between 10 and 20 normally leave anyways. Still all that time server browser after refresh after refresh keeps saying 64 64 1

today I saw it on a 3rd server , but see here on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/78p184/err_server_browser_says_64_but_reality_30_on_my/ - I copuld just copy paste the text - which 3 servers and on which days and the bug normally - again see reddit for the exception to that rule - lasts till the last p[layer leaves the server

edit : that 3rd server recovered - I think it took 1 hour - yesterday evening when the bug occored and when I made this topic, just like my server did 3 days ago on thursday when it suddenly showed 17=reality instead of the 64 64 1 (see reddit), and that day the 2nd server I mean flyjetandkill sinai server also had it and recovered from it but most of the times it stays till the end of the day ... like friday when mys erver had it for 9!!!! hours and never made it back to actual 64 players.
Post edited by NL73schietdammer on

Comments

• NL73schietdammer
    501 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    sunday 29oc17 20.35 CET that 3rd server that got the bug yesterday has it now at this moment again > server browser says 64 64 1 > go inside it in reality is 15 + 15 > quit and again in server browser it says 64 64 1. Now I got to see if it stays till the server dies or that just likje yesterday the server browser somehow magically stops lieing. p.s. the server link is on reddit but here a copy https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=[sf] there server 3 Sinai.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    I haven't seen the bug on my server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg monday tuesday wednesyday - I even hoped it was somehow fixed, but now thursday it is 12.55 CET 28 players in the server and the server browser says 64 64 1, around 50% of the times this bug stays till the end of the day. And then it won't make it to 64 then for the rest of the day.

edit : now 13.45 and only 18 players. No clue if devs even get to read these forum topics, because this is a bug that is braking my server. Why are such nasty new bugs even there, does this have to do with the 13oc17 quickfix for queues that was needed after the 12oc17 retail patch that removed queues alltogether. > UPDATE : I had to go out the door when it was 18 players, expected to find an empty server when I got back at 18.00 CET but it was 64 64 5 , and then it is really 5 in queue (I checked by spectating). So this time it didn't last till the end of the day, don't know when it solved ... not in the first hour that is all I know.
  • full951
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    seen this as well on xbox
  • NL73schietdammer
    finally I saw it now also on a non 24/7 rsp server , I fpound it on this dlc1 official server right now at 1.20am CET https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=658832 I know people go to bed now in Europe but that is not it the server has 30 players inside for the last 20minuets and whaen I stop spectating and look at server browser it keeps saying 64 64 1. And then I spectate again and no way near 64 players and a queue of 1.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    pff and now 19.30 CET my server (see link above 2no17) has the bug again I saw 64 64 1 and refreshed a couple of times to see if it became 64 64 0 or 64 64 2 but it didn't and then I started to spectate and it is 33minutes into the round and 40 players. What the @X!% is going on and since when is this introduced.

edit : and see the link of 29oc17 Sinai from semperfi because at 19.30 I already saw 64 64 1 but had 55 player in it but now 22.05 still 64 64 1 and it has 40 players in it - and no the round did not just start - and when I go out the server browser still says 64 64 1 so that server akso has the bug again, in the mean time at 22.05 my server also still ahs the bug and has 5 !!!!! players in it so 2 vs 3 and the server browser keeps saying 64 64 1. Cleint updates - especially on consoles have to go trough sony and Microsoft but this bug is related to maintenance thatw as done 12 !!!! days ago can't you just update the servers againa nd fix this. That maintenance did some really bad things to the servers because on rsp we cant move https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/127904/server-admin-cannot-switch-players-between-teams or kick https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/128691/pc-rsp-server-admin-cant-kick-players-since-at-least-2no17#latest players - although that is not sicne 12days - was there another maintenance????
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getting ridiculous, its embarrassing.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    23.15 CET semperfi server 1 247 amiens has the bug (40 are inside not 64, and no it is not the 1st minute of a new round) https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=[sf] , first time I see it on that server and first time I see it on any server after the 8nov17 patch/update. I will probably get it also back then on my server, then I can check if restarting the server - the new option that came with yesterday's patch actually resets the 65/64(1) in server browser. But all in all this needs to be fixed because yesterday patchday I filled my server at 10.30 CET - 15minutes after MP came back online after the patch - but came back at 17.45 (first time in 11months the server was empty at that time) just to find out it was empty. Could be a crash buit probably this bug that doenst bleed an amiens server to death but my server that has a less popular map - quentin scar - can't survive without quickmatch traffic.

1.25am so 2h15minutes later and still it says 64 64 1 in server browser but when you go in it is 9 vs 11 it will keep saying 64 64 1 till the last guy leaves then every server automatically resets itself.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quick to take your cash when purchasing said server but when it comes to a fix or server support for that matter its not reciprocated.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    And another server bites the dust , https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=[sf] , server 2 from semperfi 247 fort the Vaux keeps saying 64 64 1 , but reality 40 , it is now 0.10am CET Saturday 11no17.

p.s. I know at the start of each round most servers go from 64 to around 44 players at the start of the round , but this I ofcourse look at ... the 40 is mid round and I also know that around this time in Europe servers will go empty BUT it is abnormal that server browser keeps saying 64 64 1, the server absolutely now lost quickmatch traffic because it "looks" at server browser.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »
    Quick to take your cash when purchasing said server but when it comes to a fix or server support for that matter its not reciprocated.

No it isn't on rsp servers only see my reply of 6no17 - the first reply of the 2 on that day - there I found it on an official server, it is a new bug, very annoying and very often and totally cripples a server.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    And another server bites the dust , https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=[sf] , server 2 from semperfi 247 fort the Vaux keeps saying 64 64 1 , but reality 40 , it is now 0.10am CET Saturday 11no17.

p.s. I know at the start of each round most servers go from 64 to around 44 players at the start of the round , but this I ofcourse look at ... the 40 is mid round and I also know that around this time in Europe servers will go empty BUT it is abnormal that server browser keeps saying 64 64 1, the server absolutely now lost quickmatch traffic because it "looks" at server browser.

PFFFFFFFFF, I contacted the owner of that semperfi fort server he used the new RESTART option at server admin > action tab at the beginning of a new round - but it does NOT solve the server browser. Wow, i personally found no reason to have this restart server option right until this totally new "64/64(1)" bug came around 3 weeks then i was happy with this new thing we got, i thought this restart option would solve servers that are bugged but it does not.

Since the patch came 8nov17 i have had this bug i think on day 1 because for the first time in 11moinths at 17.45 my server was empty (was full at 10.30am) , i was away for many hours so i am not sure, but i was hoping to test this restart option once i had the bug on my server but now i know it does not fix the server. That fort server now - 0.23am cet - has 30 (17 vs 13) players inside and a fullcap, and server browser keeps saying 64players inside / 64 slots / 1 in qeue. And this is a server which has fort running a very very very popular map, when i have it on my quentin 24/7 server i have far bigger problems with this bug. The map just aint that popular as amiens / fort / sinai, so i would not have 30 but now 15to20 with this bug at this time of day.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    BINGO I mean I have it now on my server again and i tried fixing it with the new option to restart a round. It is now sunday12no17 0.55am CET over here in the netherlands and my server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=bevdg has 4 players inside and server browser keeps lieing - mainly to quickmatch that then thinks it is full - 64 64 1 ((on all my pcs and accounts - I have 6. So I don't have a bugged pc)). I used the action tab in server admin > restart option but just like the owner yesterday of semperfi server2 fort de vaux said to me that doesn't do anything. Yes ofcourse it restarts the round but not the server i eman at least not in server browser where it just keeps being broken, and now 5 minutes later the last guy of the 4 that where in there left the server and then it immediately goes from 64 / 64 [1] to 0 / 64.
  • CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Come on guys, there's no problems with the servers. Tech Support told me so. Wish I knew how to post pictures from my phone showing latency of the DICE servers. All 19 in the orange and only 1 or 2 bars
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    now friday 17nov17 15.50 cet = Stockholm time and semperfi 2 fort de Vaux has it AGAIN - see 11no17 above the first of the 3 from 11no17 for the link to the server - 64 64 1 but in reality it is below 64 and stays below 64. It lost its qm traffic because it gets visually stuck in server browser at 1 in queue.

- do you devs even acknowledge this let alone find a fix for this. Like I said when I started the topic this happened around 4 days before 28oc17. Well guess what on Wednesday 25octo17 there was server maintenance for xb1 and this problem I am talking about is on pc (although 1 guy aboive here replyd that it is also on xb1) - all I know i wake up everyday at 8.00 cet to fill servers (and do my work at home from 9.00cet) and the maintenance is always at 9.00 cet but that day at around 10.00 cet all mp went offline that day for around 45minuets ((bf1stats.com frontpage said 0 players on pc in those 45minutes)) on pc could not get into server browser and I had to fill up my server again at around 11.00 cet and in those 45minuets - I looked at my 2 links from downdetector.com 1 origin and 2 EA and i was searching and searching on bf1 forum bf1 cte reddit and bf1 reddit and only found battlefield twitter which said xb1 server maintenance. p.s. what does server maintenance mean can that also be a patch of the servers? Anyways was there or was there not maintenance also on pc servers and if so was that the cause of this new bug which i saw never ever before in the 11monhts before it that I have my server.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    Saturday 1.20am cet = Stockholm / paris / Amsterdam time semperfi server 3 sinai 247 has the bug now ... there are even only 5+6 =11 players in the server and 1 team has a fullcap yet server browser says 64 64 1 (see 2nd posting of 29oc17 above to see the link tot hat server). This is just nuts.

p.s. the earlier post - 17nov17 - of the semperfi 2 server fort vaux having the bug solved itself an hour later but now 1.23am cet that also has again the bug again it is 39minutes into the round and has 20+20 players when I spectate , and guess what their server 1 amiens - see 9nov17 - has also only 40 players inside in the 21th minute of the round - it is now 1.28am cet - and server browser keeps saying 64 64 1.

So semperfi rent 3 servers and they are full every day and all 3 are bugged right now. Can a moderator please contact a dev because getting no answer here is absolute bonkers. The most annoying thing about games are NEW bugs that weren't there before.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    19.30 CET sat18no17 and in 30minuets I wanted to play CTE because then the test starts but I gues I wont be coming because right now my server (see above 2nov17 reply for link to my server) says 64 64 2 but only has 8+8 players inside so it is dead.

SO THIS TIME THE SERVER BROWSER SAYS NOT QUEU OF 1 BUT 2 - that is new, so in the future i have to check all my favorites if they have 64 64 X and then the X can be 1 TO 10 but have to refresh then and if i see 1 2 3 . . 10 multiple times without changing then the server is probably bugged and then I have to spectate.
  • TG_JAZZY
    19.30 CET sat18no17 and in 30minuets I wanted to play CTE because then the test starts but I gues I wont be coming because right now my server (see above 2nov17 reply for link to my server) says 64 64 2 but only has 8+8 players inside so it is dead.

SO THIS TIME THE SERVER BROWSER SAYS NOT QUEU OF 1 BUT 2 - that is new, so in the future i have to check all my favorites if they have 64 64 X and then the X can be 1 TO 10 but have to refresh then and if i see 1 2 3 . . 10 multiple times without changing then the server is probably bugged and then I have to spectate.

You should summon BRADDOCK512 to see if he will look into it,he used to post server info.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    at the eend after my last posting I had to kick the last 2 players then finally and immediately the server went finally form 64 64 2 to 0 64 0 and I had to start up my 6pcs and accounts to kickstart my server

but now fast forward to sun19no17 1.30am CET semperfi server 1 amiens - link above 9no17 - says 64 64 1 but in reality 5 + 6 =11 , SO ALMOST EVERYDAY 1 of my favorite servers gets this bug.
  • NL73schietdammer
    Tuesday 20nov17 15.05 CET and semperfi server3 which runs 24/7 Sinai - see link above - has the big now 64 64 1 , reality inside 13 vs 22 and a fullcap.

p.s. you might wonder why do i keep mentioning every single time this bug is on 1 of the servers i follow in this topic. Well that isd because sometimes thjis bug lasts for 9 horus and I just hope that 1 time a dev reads this topic at the same time the bug is still active so he or she can see it themselfes.
  • NL73schietdammer
    edited November 2017
    pff and now my quentin server - link see above - has the bug 44players inside in minute 17 of the match = normally with QM traffic impsossible and server browser says 64 64 1. It is now 17.45 CET = stockholm time.

p.s. in my last post I said semperfi server 3 24/7 Sinai was bugged that was 15.05 and now 17.45 it recovered. But many times it stays bugged till the last player leaves but I told that already several times above.

edit : 22.30 my server just died the bug stayed and killed my server .................... shouldn't a dev at least post a reply to this it's a server killing bug.

an hour ago I saw an official server running Tsaritsyn conquest woth the bug and now 23.05 CET this official server https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=705235 running fort de vaux conquest has it , that one is an official mixed server so all maps.

In this topic almost only me is posting things but that is because many many official server will have this also but peopleplay there trough QM they have no clue that the server in server browser is stuck at 64 64 1. They cant even find the server they just played on easily back because recent servers still does not work https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/128694/recent-servers-does-not-work after it got bugged.

edit number x : 23.15 CET and another offical server - dlc1 conquest running fort de Vaux at the moment 18players vs 26 while server browser keeps saying 64 64 1 https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers?platform=pc&name=699443

so this bug started around mo23oc17 and it is now mo20nov17 - that is 4weeks = 28days = lag in reaction of bugfixers at the office - and we have absolutely no clue if dice is even aware of this bug, I know reddit and bugtracker but shouldn't the bugs and issues bf1 forum just be enough.

edit number triple x : 2.45am CET and another official server bites the dust 64 64 1 it is a conquest vanilla server running Sinai at the moment woth 4 vs 8 people in it https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/servers/pc/2675162770166 = [DICE] Official - CQ - EU - #705231