In order to PTFO you need good K/D and thats the ultimate stat

Toshevbg
14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I`ve been reading this forum a lot in my spare time and I just cant explain how someguys wants KD stats removed and
continue to to have absurd discussion when points>KD in conquest!

This is absurd and lets make some things straight. You can scope me if you want toshev88 on xbox. I play assault
and medic.

I just keep hearing how PTFO is the most important thing and bla bla bla. The game already rewards scrubs you cant shoot
with tons of points for riding the wave and doing pointless supplies. The only good thing I can respect are good Medics but
I will respect a Medic if he can actually hold his own in a fight. Scrubs with KD below 0.8 are just normal/average players who should
not be in Top 5 by any means.

1st point: In order to captute the flag you do understand that the good KD guy has to go there and kill the enemies so you can
get your points? The good KD player then engages enemies outside the CAP zone so scrubs can get their points?

2nd The good KD player can actually go on his own and cap a flag with 2 or 3 more enemies there and turn the tide of the game.

3rd To actually get to objectives you do understand that you have to walk/run 100/200 meters and someone has to kill the guys
so you can go and cap the flag? Dropping puches and ammo wont do the trick. Someone has to engage and shoot and hope that
someone will actually hepl him in a gun fight.

In my opinion the game rewards too few for kills. A kill should get 200 points because thats the most important thing in the game.
Numerous times I have gone to flags I kill 2/3 guys and then I dont hide in a CORNER to get points so I can prove that a negative KD can get
MVP. I actually patrol and try to kill and a lot of times I DIE trying to hold the flag not to hide

So what happens I kill 3 guys and I am alive for 30% of the CAP and I get - 400 points
The wave raiding assault/Medic doesnt kill nobody hides in a corner behind a crate and gets 700 points on my back. How is
this fair?

So stop trying to hide behind PTFO . Learn to protect yourself and do your role and thats playing your class and killing enemies. Dont go for EMPTY Scores
because lets face it

SUPPORT= Empty Scores from ressuplying 90% of the times. You can get 200 scores on the first cap when someone fires his pistol for 8 bullets and your resupply him.

BAD K/D Medics= They do stupid revives sometimes because they dont care about them dying so they run out of cover get themselves killed and revive you on top of a gas granade and you both die.

P.S Appreciate the great K/D guys because if you win a game thats because of them.
P.**** The 7-1 guys for 30 minutes are very rare usually the hill humpers have stats like 8/6 or 10/7. The really good snipers that
stay out of sigh they actually move a lot and if they get 30-2 as a sniper with low points I can respect that. He killed 30 people and
probably saved your life on more then one occasion with his sniping. The 10/15 guy with tons of points from riding waves above him
did nothing good. He rode the wave behind gun slingers and then felt good that he outscored and awesome sniper who if he wants
will actually destroy him in points and etc if he chooses assault or medic

Just my two cents.

Comments

• BGHFlakjacket
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmmmm.........ever seen a squad play as a team? Guys with less than .80 KD getting top 5 every game? Killing is not everything unless its DeathMatch. Taking and holding an objective does not mean that you need a fantastic KD. And KD is so skewed anyway, you get credit for a kill that you helped on, and save a death from a revive. KD is not a true stat in this game.
  • Shadowblastz
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lets all play hillhumper snipers then.
    Best chance to get a high K/D ratio, spm will be terrible tho but hey at least the K/D is good right?
  • James-MII
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The people who want the KD removed usually have a rubbish one.
  • KILLUNCLE84
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't get these threads. If I'm a bit slow on my reactions - (ie I'm an old man!) I'm gonna struggle to get a great K/D rate especially if I play once or twice a week for fun. But that doesn't mean I'm not useful or entitled to play. If I was that player I'd probably stay out the way of the hip firing assault experts with ultra quick reactions and automaticos. Being cannon fodder isn't that much fun. Therefore I'm probably not on the objectives. But I might be pinging a few sniper rounds off - hitting flares into the general direction or chucking ammo at a distance and dropping motors whatever. Who knows. I would agree the players with positive K/Ds are probably superior players - In the sense that they kill people more than they get killed. They have better accuracy. Skilled positioning and or superior knowledge of the maps. But the game is so all embracing that even the guys who aren't PTFO'ing constantly DO have a role. And remember we all once upon a time picked up a battlefield game and were chucked into this chaos!! It took me months to realise what was going on and to slowly change from sitting on the outskirts and being peripheral to now years later playing a slightly more aggressive PTFO type role. As your experience increases so does your K/D. And with that your ability to influence the game.
  • disposalist
    5144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 7
    The most important thing is that you have fun. Who cares about what other players think of you or your playstyle?? When i play then i do my thing what i like to do. If other players not like it then it is there problem not mine.
    No it's not. The most important thing is you play the game how it's meant to be played otherwise you mess it up for those that come to the game specifically because of the team/squad/objectives-based play and the tactics and strategies the game modes require.

If you don't want to play the objectives there are game modes where it doesn't matter so much or completely different games that you will enjoy more.

Sure BF1 is 'sandboxey' so people can do what they want and in a 64 player game there's room for a few lone wolves to get their kicks and not mess it up too badly. Often enough to be an issue worthy of discussion, though, there are more than enough lone-wolves and other non-objectives players that the game mode itself is ruined. Even TDM benefits from team play, but for a 12-man Rush team a couple of players not PTFOing and it's completely ruined. Ops, Conquest, etc fall in the middle. All modes are detrimentally effected to some extent.

The extreme emphasis that *some* place on KD is almost the opposite of what is needed in Conquest and other objectives modes. It's trivial to observe that someone who PTFOs *and* gets a good KD is great, but that's a small minority and those that attempt to get a good KD at the expense of PTFOing *are* a problem to the game as a whole.

The OP is pretty much trolling, but the point is there do seem to be a large amount of people who think that KD is more important than the objectives and, to them, maybe it is. The point is, that is *not* what the majority of game modes in BF1 are about and when people play that way if effs it up for everyone playing BF1 how it's designed to be played.

Sure, it can go the other way. The zerging circle-jerks are annoying too, but that's a *lot* more rare than seeing KD freaks on one side making impossible for their team to win.

EDIT: Just noticed the OP posted exactly the same in the existing thread then made this one. Maybe go ahead and close this one @LOLGotYerTags?
  • Toshevbg
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I do 1.8 KPM which is enough I guess its increasing but on average I do 40 kills per game on Infantry maps I can do 60. Thats not the point

As I said its perfectly normal to have a below 1 KD but you should accept that you are middle of the pack . I dont judge but if you are average player dont expect to be Top 3 .

Some of the biggest problems in Conquests are the PTFO at all costs guys... I see non stop wave raiders... They take F and then run to A . 15 people all together.

P.S You are grasping at straws for the SCOUT thing I said. I dont like scouts and I dont appreciate them but if someone manages to do 30+ as a scout it doesnt mean he played as a coward. Its quite hard to do it and you can actually do it quick scoping with Infantry rifle. I am 90 sure a sniper with optics cant go 25+ on conquest.

I think killing points should be doubled. A kill should grant 200 points. Right now its not rewarding enough

P.S You get a kill if you do 75+ health damage and someone kills him . That does not happen very often. More ofthen it happens you get the drop on someone hit him for 50 and someone else finish him
  • boutneus
    1623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This KD crap again, every tryhard telling people how to play the game. 2 many casuals on this game to even begin with, so just stop trying. Just be thankful they are there to boost that KD.
  • KorpusDraige
    2013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    R0BB4L0U wrote: »
    You sound like a frustrated lone wolf.

Is it so hard to understand, that BF1 is all about teamplay? Most balanced squads include a support and medic. Assaults are often the first on the flag indeed, but what good are they when they are out of ammo? If the last squad member alive is hiding in a corner on the flag, you are glad to spawn on him, right?
    When you are down, you will be glad a medic revives you, so you can move on right away.

Not a single player, but a squad that runs together and communicate is the strongest and most successful.

You DO realize providing resupplies/healing/reviving/repairing CAN be done alongside having a positive k/d which is needed to rid enemies off of flags, right?
  • KorpusDraige
    2013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lets all play hillhumper snipers then.
    Best chance to get a high K/D ratio, spm will be terrible tho but hey at least the K/D is good right?

It is? Last I checked "hill humping snipers" barely scratch 5 kills. Even then, if you know they're there, how are they surviving? Campers shouldn't last long.
  • CH1R0N83
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why has this suddenly become such a big deal again? I may be mistaken but it seems that we had a pretty good run where all this K/D business barely got a mention and the forums were a little less toxic for it.

• Piotrek1983pm
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Toshevbg wrote: »
    I`ve been reading this forum a lot in my spare time and I just cant explain how someguys wants KD stats removed and

This is absurd and lets make some things straight. You can scope me if you want toshev88 on xbox. I play assault
    and medic.

I just keep hearing how PTFO is the most important thing and bla bla bla. The game already rewards scrubs you cant shoot
    with tons of points for riding the wave and doing pointless supplies. The only good thing I can respect are good Medics but
    I will respect a Medic if he can actually hold his own in a fight. Scrubs with KD below 0.8 are just normal/average players who should

1st point: In order to captute the flag you do understand that the good KD guy has to go there and kill the enemies so you can
    get your points? The good KD player then engages enemies outside the CAP zone so scrubs can get their points?

2nd The good KD player can actually go on his own and cap a flag with 2 or 3 more enemies there and turn the tide of the game.

3rd To actually get to objectives you do understand that you have to walk/run 100/200 meters and someone has to kill the guys
    so you can go and cap the flag? Dropping puches and ammo wont do the trick. Someone has to engage and shoot and hope that

In my opinion the game rewards too few for kills. A kill should get 200 points because thats the most important thing in the game.
    Numerous times I have gone to flags I kill 2/3 guys and then I dont hide in a CORNER to get points so I can prove that a negative KD can get
    MVP. I actually patrol and try to kill and a lot of times I DIE trying to hold the flag not to hide

So what happens I kill 3 guys and I am alive for 30% of the CAP and I get - 400 points
    The wave raiding assault/Medic doesnt kill nobody hides in a corner behind a crate and gets 700 points on my back. How is
    this fair?

So stop trying to hide behind PTFO . Learn to protect yourself and do your role and thats playing your class and killing enemies. Dont go for EMPTY Scores
    because lets face it

SUPPORT= Empty Scores from ressuplying 90% of the times. You can get 200 scores on the first cap when someone fires his pistol for 8 bullets and your resupply him.

BAD K/D Medics= They do stupid revives sometimes because they dont care about them dying so they run out of cover get themselves killed and revive you on top of a gas granade and you both die.

P.S Appreciate the great K/D guys because if you win a game thats because of them.
    P.**** The 7-1 guys for 30 minutes are very rare usually the hill humpers have stats like 8/6 or 10/7. The really good snipers that
    stay out of sigh they actually move a lot and if they get 30-2 as a sniper with low points I can respect that. He killed 30 people and
    probably saved your life on more then one occasion with his sniping. The 10/15 guy with tons of points from riding waves above him
    did nothing good. He rode the wave behind gun slingers and then felt good that he outscored and awesome sniper who if he wants

Just my two cents.

the

and medic.

this fair?

because lets face it

Just my two cents.

the ultimate stat is win/lose! So neither k/d ratio nor number of points are important, but if you have asked me and I had to chose the more important I would chose number of points.
    You can kill 5 and be killed 1 but you can kill 40 and be killed 20 times, so we have 5/1 to 2/1. There are more important factors like team play, spoting and first of all POSITIONING.
  • KorpusDraige

and medic.

this fair?

because lets face it

Just my two cents.

the

and medic.

this fair?

because lets face it

Just my two cents.

the ultimate stat is win/lose! So neither k/d ratio nor number of points are important, but if you have asked me and I had to chose the more important I would chose number of points.
    You can kill 5 and be killed 1 but you can kill 40 and be killed 20 times, so we have 5/1 to 2/1. There are more important factors like team play, spoting and first of all POSITIONING.

Win/loss does not matter in a public space of 31 others who may or may not help to win. So that stat does not matter one bit. Teamplay/spotting and Positioning can all be done with a positive k/d.
  • WinkerCZ
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The key element of the game (as I understand) is playing your class. Some classes are designed to kill other to support. For assault guy K/D is probably more relevant than for medic. If he is able to keep whole squad alive (and healthy) who cares about medics K/D? If support can provide you ammo when you are empty and you are trying to destroy enemy tank - he is very valuable at that moment despite he gets just few points for re-supplying, but his participation on holding that flag is crucial (w/o his ammo-pack / crate assault wouldn't be able to destroy that tank and flag would be lost). Yes the best players probably have all their stats top-notch, but it doesn't mean that medics below 0.8 K/D are trash. I would take at any time medic who can take care of me (heals, revives) with "trash" K/D over medic with K/D above 2 who just heal himself.

I would rather doubt about players (maybe with great K/D) who just run in group from flag to flag w/o any attempt to defend it later on.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    2374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

W/L isn't the ultimate stat because it can be easily manipulated by switching sides or quitting the match.
  • KorpusDraige
    WinkerCZ wrote: »
    The key element of the game (as I understand) is playing your class. Some classes are designed to kill other to support. For assault guy K/D is probably more relevant than for medic. If he is able to keep whole squad alive (and healthy) who cares about medics K/D? If support can provide you ammo when you are empty and you are trying to destroy enemy tank - he is very valuable at that moment despite he gets just few points for re-supplying, but his participation on holding that flag is crucial (w/o his ammo-pack / crate assault wouldn't be able to destroy that tank and flag would be lost). Yes the best players probably have all their stats top-notch, but it doesn't mean that medics below 0.8 K/D are trash. I would take at any time medic who can take care of me (heals, revives) with "trash" K/D over medic with K/D above 2 who just heal himself.

I would rather doubt about players (maybe with great K/D) who just run in group from flag to flag w/o any attempt to defend it later on.

Why not a medic who heals/revives and maintains a good k/d?