In order to PTFO you need good K/D and thats the ultimate stat

Comments

  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

    Are you a narcissist?

    Lol. The delicious irony of a man that did the same thing yesterday.....and got taken down for it. Well done mate. You won the internet!!!
  • zwolseballetjes
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If i pay for this game then i determine how to play this game. Not you, not other players, not Dice/EA. I allways PTFO. But if a sniper wants to sit down on the edge of the map because hi wants to get a large headshot then its up to him. Who iam i or you to decide how hi must play??. Hi pay for the game so hi decide what his playstyle is. And if other players not like it then it is there problem.
    You have paid for access to a multiplayer space. There are many rules you signed up to adhere to. There are many restrictions in gameplay - it's not a true sandbox. There are rules to the game modes, as designed by DICE, though they don't strictly enforce them, they encourage.

    The exact point of this PTFO vs KD argument is a lot of people recognise that maybe the game mode rules *should* be more strict in order to better encourage objectives-based play in objectives-based modes.

    In face-to-face multiplayer activities you would soon be asked to stop messing up the game for everyone else or leave. But on the good old internet, you can pay your entry fee, then just ignore the rules everyone else is having fun playing to even if you know it is detrimental to everyone else's fun. Yay. Cool.

    What are you talking about???? Rules how to play this game or gamemode??Where i can find those rules for example how i must play in rush or operations mode?? I have never found them.There are only rules about cheating/ statepadding and so. But who cares about rules how to play a certain gamemode? Every player interprets the rules different. Who cares about KD?? Only noobs do. I allways PTFO but i not have a high KD. Makes that iam a bad player??? KD have nothing to do in relation with PTFO.For me it is important that i have fun and if 10 of the 64 players dont like my playstyle then it is there problem not mine. I dont care about what other players think of my playstyle. And for example a sniper who is 300m away from a flag and he kills a few enemys who defends that flag is also PTFO and not camping. He is doing his job.
  • Y0L04LIF3
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this sounds like the common case of a CoD player in a Battlefield player's clothing.

    they'd usually rather a "sik 50 kilstreek" than actually trying to help out the team by giving out health or ammo.

    i hope OP plays Soldier, because he's doesn't seem like the Support who drops ammo even though somebody is samming "I need ammo!" using QT.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If i pay for this game then i determine how to play this game. Not you, not other players, not Dice/EA. I allways PTFO. But if a sniper wants to sit down on the edge of the map because hi wants to get a large headshot then its up to him. Who iam i or you to decide how hi must play??. Hi pay for the game so hi decide what his playstyle is. And if other players not like it then it is there problem.
    You have paid for access to a multiplayer space. There are many rules you signed up to adhere to. There are many restrictions in gameplay - it's not a true sandbox. There are rules to the game modes, as designed by DICE, though they don't strictly enforce them, they encourage.

    The exact point of this PTFO vs KD argument is a lot of people recognise that maybe the game mode rules *should* be more strict in order to better encourage objectives-based play in objectives-based modes.

    In face-to-face multiplayer activities you would soon be asked to stop messing up the game for everyone else or leave. But on the good old internet, you can pay your entry fee, then just ignore the rules everyone else is having fun playing to even if you know it is detrimental to everyone else's fun. Yay. Cool.

    Disposalist - where does it say in the rules you must capture objectives though? Even with a strict rule set, arguments can be made that the lonely hill humper padding his K/D is contributing because he's spotting people on the objective or killing 1 or 2 people on the objective so an advancing friendly squad is able to take them out easier... Or spotting that tank that's coming into the objective...

    Everyone will experience some sort of frustration with the game. Everyone will have their "fun" messed up by someone else. That's just life and it will never change no matter how many "rules" you place to try and stop it. (Perfect examples in the real world - speed limits. You boys in the UK even have cameras, but there are still speeders.) There will always be people who follow rules and there will always be people who think rules were made to be broken. The difference, though, is this is a game and if your fun is being affected that much then you already have options - you can change servers or change the game.
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »

    they'd usually rather a "sik 50 kilstreek" than actually trying to help out the team by giving out health or ammo.

    Why is it always a good k/d vs handing out ammo/reviving/healing/repairing? Why can't the good k/d players do it all?
  • TehDukeOfNukem
    752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep. Dead players don't take objectives.

    "PTFO" nowadays is most often used as an excuse for dying a lot while not doing much of anything.
  • Sed1Tion
    334 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have to mostly agree with the OP. The scoring system in this game is bad, it rewards bad players for playing bad. But those players that try to boost their K/D by camping proning ect are just as useless. I often clear a flag killing multiple enemies only to be killed before I get the rewards, while as you say other hide in corners.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have paid for access to a multiplayer space. There are many rules you signed up to adhere to. There are many restrictions in gameplay - it's not a true sandbox. There are rules to the game modes, as designed by DICE, though they don't strictly enforce them, they encourage.

    The exact point of this PTFO vs KD argument is a lot of people recognise that maybe the game mode rules *should* be more strict in order to better encourage objectives-based play in objectives-based modes.

    In face-to-face multiplayer activities you would soon be asked to stop messing up the game for everyone else or leave. But on the good old internet, you can pay your entry fee, then just ignore the rules everyone else is having fun playing to even if you know it is detrimental to everyone else's fun. Yay. Cool.

    I think youmake an excellent point here @disposalist . Sadly some people seem to think that unless rules are written down they do not exist. For example, in football (soccer) it is customary for a team that has the ball and if a player is injured to deliberately kick the ball out of play to enable the player to get treatment. Technically the team that has the resultant thrown in has one a throw in, but it is customary for that team to give the ball back. Its not a RULE, its just common sense and players adhere to it.

    There are many many times in life this happens - letting drivers out if junctions when you right of way is just another example that brings to mind.

    People should not have to be spoon fed. Battlefield has a tradition, design and history as a team based squad game where in conquest winning and defending is the order of the day. That was one of the reasons for the franchises success.

    It is certainly true that DICE should and can do more to promote team play via thunks like education and assignments, but the community should also step up too. Adults should not need need rules to TELL them that if they are not interested to PTFO, then there is a gamemode (TDM) that is specifically designed for them. Yes these players have every right to do whatever they want. But there is a unwritten code of the type that disposalist identifies that should kick in. This is one of the reasons why we should see the return of the old conquest scoring system - To out more emphasis o objectives and the need to win and keep them.
  • trip1ex
    4311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just have fun ffs.
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

    So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.
  • trip1ex
    4311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2017
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    @HuwJarz I don't think this is a good analogy. Sports team affiliation is largely static, whereas your team composition in BF1 changes from round to round. Also, I would be very interested in seeing an analysis of this claim based on actual data.
    .
    I'm willing to concede that high personal skill-indicating attributes are more likely associated with a +50 win percentage, but I find it implausible that there is a significant correlation, especially for 64 player modes. Small game modes are a different thing, there individual contributions carry more weight. At least in my personal experience.
    .
    Battlefieldtracker.com is down at the moment, but I'm pretty sure my per-game mode win% ratio is around 50% for CQ, but significantly higher for Domination and some other small modes. Overall win% is 53, which is close to what you would statistically expect for a lone-wolf playing in balancer-nominated teams (ie. no team stacking pre-round, no team switching mid round, no rage quitting etc). This is coming from someone who is not particularly skilled compared to good/great players, but nonetheless skill usually in the top ten percent.
    .
    Also, in addition to above, determining the correlation you would have to control for other variables such as squadding up for organized play, voice comms etc. So just looking at raw values without context has a high risk of mistaking correlation with causation. So I would be more inclined to guess that a high win% is more correlated with factors other than individual skill.

    You make some fair points, and I definitely agree with your assertion that the correlation will be stronger for small modes AND it will be stronger for squadding up. Its hard to isolate evidence statistically, and i I will think about it, (you cannot isolate the squad effect), but I can tell you that I can something anecdotally, that yiu will have to take on trust: I have been running platoons since inception. We normally win 70% of games. We recently brought on a new player that is really fantastic skill wise. Since we brought him in, on the nights he is playing we are winning 85% of out conquest games.

    I do disagree with you point about my analogy ;-). All I am saying is that big players affect games at the margins. They CAN be the difference between a win and a loss on any team.

    Yep good players affect win percentage over the long run. Being on your share of crappy teams with crappy teammates cancels out. Everyone will get their fair share of that over the long run. Everyone will also get their fare share of being on great teams. And that will cancel out.

    But in between there is where your ability and desire to help a team win affects your win percentage.

    Thus newbs still (or only) win 40% of the time or so. And the better team players win 60% of the time or more.

    But like any stat it can be manipulated. Switch to the winning side. Quit servers that you sense are going to result in a string of losses. Always squad up with the best players/friends. Or, if you can in BF1, stack your own server.




  • Y0L04LIF3
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

    So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

    no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

    it's pretty sound logic actually.
  • KorpusDraige
    2280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

    So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

    no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

    it's pretty sound logic actually.

    Because the guy has a good k/d that is what he's doing? No.
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    doctim2 wrote: »
    Toshevbg wrote: »
    I think I may not have been clear. By Good K/D player I mean something like 40/20 whos on top of leaderboards. I dont mean guys that are walkig around hiding behind trees

    The best players in the game are top 3 always with good KD and high number of kills regardless of class..

    Not true. There are plenty of screenshot examples in the other thread of people in the top 3 with meh or even negative K/Ds.

    Those are not good players the one you said. Those are WAVE Riders. Who follow the guys that put the game on their back and gain tons of points only from FLAG Capping..

    I just won a Verdun Match .. I finished second from 64 i lost 17k points to 16k from my squad leader who was Support class. He finished 12/9 Kill stats I finished 40/14. He got more points bassicly because everytime I went first did a couple of kills and died. 28 kills were negated to 1 minute of being less alive them him while capping flags. The only stats he beat me was flag captured he had 10 I had 9. The other points I lost because i was gun fighting while he was capping.

    Number 4th on the team was some "PTFO"guy again support who finished 6/10. He just rode the wave it helped we destroyed them 1000/600.

    The GAME supports lazy players. I mean it gives way too much points for doing nothing.. It gives u bassicly 100/200 points on a crowded zone at the beginning to refill pistol magazines..
  • Y0L04LIF3
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

    So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

    no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

    it's pretty sound logic actually.

    Because the guy has a good k/d that is what he's doing? No.

    because camping on a hill as a Sniper is helping out the team more? i thought so.
  • zwolseballetjes
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

    So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

    no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

    it's pretty sound logic actually.

    Because the guy has a good k/d that is what he's doing? No.

    because camping on a hill as a Sniper is helping out the team more? i thought so.

    Why not? If you team is try to cap a flag and the sniper kill some flag defenders then the sniper does his job good.
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    this sounds like the common case of a CoD player in a Battlefield player's clothing.

    they'd usually rather a "sik 50 kilstreek" than actually trying to help out the team by giving out health or ammo.

    i hope OP plays Soldier, because he's doesn't seem like the Support who drops ammo even though somebody is samming "I need ammo!" using QT.

    @Y0L04LIF3
    Before talking crap you can just check me on tracker. ..
    My score as support is 0.2 in the world. its by far the easiest to get points..(SPM). The SPM as Medic I am top 5% but thats only because that was my first class and I was bad player at beginning. As medic its also very easy to do points but SUPPORT IS by far the easiest

    And dont give me that crap that you give IMPORTANT AMMO. If I play for 4 hours there are like 4/5 times for that 4 hours I run out of ammo and thats bassicly if you kill 4/5 guys. Sure its helpful but most of the times "Support"does his top points on Choke Points where people shoot like crazy and die every other second.

    I can respect a support player if he has decent KD or KPM if not play MEdic. That class is for killing. Put the Crossbow Launcher and with Granade and a decent LMG you can destroy people. On Operation a support on his own can clear a choke point . Throw 2 rifles grandes one normal and then just hold the trigger and put 100 bullets infront of you.

    P.S My SPM Is 2400 so I know what I am talking about and how to exploit the game If I want to for easy points. I capture flags and kill plenty
  • -Antares65z
    1550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    James-MII wrote: »
    The people who want the KD removed usually have a rubbish one.

    If K/D tracking on the scoreboard was removed and success in a round was measured on points earned, players would PTFO and the rounds (you would hope) would be more balanced. Many players only care about their K/D and will abandon the round when they're convinced that their K/D ratio is going to get tarnished, even though they were in the middle of the pack on the scoreboard. A compromise would be, K/D is removed from the scoreboard but is tracked on an individual player's stats. The only way for other players to see another player's K/D ratio is to look them up in the system.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!