In order to PTFO you need good K/D and thats the ultimate stat

Comments

• Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

it's pretty sound logic actually.

Because the guy has a good k/d that is what he's doing? No.

because camping on a hill as a Sniper is helping out the team more? i thought so.

Yes a hill sniper that can do 30/3 and uses FLARE Is by far more useful then some kid doing 10/10 and raiding waves or throwing useless ammo. You do understand that most of the RED dots on your map are spotted by scouts. The more you use the map the more you will appreciate those SCOUTS that hill humb.. I can clear a flag of 5 people if I have a scout with a flare. People do not appreciate those things they think they are given

They also spot with their sniper. For me One spot> 5 ammo pouches. It saves your life and gets one from their team
  • Toshevbg
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

Man are you nuts? Conquest is a game of speed. You need to cap/retake caps faster. There needs SOMEONE TO RUSH and kill the guys from the capture so someone can get it. If there are no such KILLERS who will kill the enemies? The negate KD medic or support that are running behind? Ofcours the guy that goes first and clears it is the better player by far. Big deal that he died on his 3th or 4th kill and some bad gun fighter managers to get all points from capping. The same guy if he stays to defend will probably die first

What are your stats if you show them
  • Fleetwood1987
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    K/D means nothing, I know a few snipers with great K/Ds and nasty stomach sores...
  • KorpusDraige
    2201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

because camping on a hill as a Sniper is helping out the team more? i thought so.

Snipers on hills get kills? Must be new.
  • Trokey66
    6596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Toshevbg wrote: »

Yes a hill sniper that can do 30/3 and uses FLARE Is by far more useful then some kid doing 10/10 and raiding waves or throwing useless ammo. You do understand that most of the RED dots on your map are spotted by scouts. The more you use the map the more you will appreciate those SCOUTS that hill humb.. I can clear a flag of 5 people if I have a scout with a flare. People do not appreciate those things they think they are given

They also spot with their sniper. For me One spot> 5 ammo pouches. It saves your life and gets one from their team

What does the Scout do after he has popped his flares?
  • 2uneducated4_BF5
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2017

The other day I saw a sniper on the enemy scoreboard.He was on the attacking team, operations Fao Fortress.He went 70-0, but in the end, they lost.That guy was worth more than 2-3 average medics.He had a far more positive effect on the enemy team than most other players.Even the assumption that killing many enemies without dying yourself in an FPS game is somehow not a major contributor to skill is ridiculous.If you add in SPM and KPM you have about 90% of what we call skill in battlefield (of course, context is needed i.e. played game mode, played class and vehicles).I take competent hill humpers over incompetent medics and supports.

• x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Makes a sandwich?
  • Trokey66
    6596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Makes a sandwich?

Well he can't spot much anymore so he may as well.......
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @HuwJarz I feel that we are in agreement in the general sense, I just object to the idea of "strong" correlation between individual skill and win %. If it was so, you could use win % as a proxy for skill. Having gone over stats of hundreds of players, I don't find this plausible. Additionally, I don't think you could look up the stats of an arbitrary player and based on win % alone make a serious statement about personal skill.
    Furthermore, the practical value range for skill (the gap) is far wider than that of win %; skill typically varies between 150 and 700, whereas win % gap varies between 40(0) and 70(0) (normalized). (There are outliers of course, no need for @ProLegion_exor to educate me on this ;).) So due to this compression, you'd be hard pressed to make a comparison between players of 50% and 55%, or 65% and 70% win percentage. If anything, only huge differences carry some predictive value, and even then the other factors may well dominate and invalidate the prediction.
    I guess that's enough nitpicking for tonight.
  • trip1ex
    3654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

The other day I saw a sniper on the enemy scoreboard.He was on the attacking team, operations Fao Fortress.He went 70-0, but in the end, they lost.That guy was worth more than 2-3 average medics.He had a far more positive effect on the enemy team than most other players.Even the assumption that killing many enemies without dying yourself in an FPS game is somehow not a major contributor to skill is ridiculous.If you add in SPM and KPM you have about 90% of what we call skill in battlefield (of course, context is needed i.e. played game mode, played class and vehicles).I take competent hill humpers over incompetent medics and supports.

I'd rather that same guy not snipe if his team needs more guys to push flags. I'd rather him win and be 48-22.

• MayorMarionBarry
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Did you guys solve this topic yet?
  • rock1obsta
    3751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No you don't.

Besides, the definition of "good" is ALWAYS gonna be up for grabs.
    It's an entirely subjective term that can mean infinitely different things to a billion different people, depending on their own definition of bad.

Whats good for you, or me, or that guy, might be utter garbage to this guy over here.

Dig?

• munkt0r
    2513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good squad with "ok" K/D > 1 guy with "god-like" K/D

K/D as a focus is always negative for a game though. Especially one with specific "hold" objectives.

My 2 cents.
  • Piotrek1983pm
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The most important thing is that you have fun. Who cares about what other players think of you or your playstyle?? When i play then i do my thing what i like to do. If other players not like it then it is there problem not mine. And who cares about KD?? Only noobs do

you are definition of SELFISHNESS!
  • zwolseballetjes
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The most important thing is that you have fun. Who cares about what other players think of you or your playstyle?? When i play then i do my thing what i like to do. If other players not like it then it is there problem not mine. And who cares about KD?? Only noobs do

you are definition of SELFISHNESS!

Thanks for the compliment bro B)
  • Lamuna2000
    265 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • ProLegion_exor
    3346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @HuwJarz I feel that we are in agreement in the general sense, I just object to the idea of "strong" correlation between individual skill and win %. If it was so, you could use win % as a proxy for skill. Having gone over stats of hundreds of players, I don't find this plausible. Additionally, I don't think you could look up the stats of an arbitrary player and based on win % alone make a serious statement about personal skill.
    Furthermore, the practical value range for skill (the gap) is far wider than that of win %; skill typically varies between 150 and 700, whereas win % gap varies between 40(0) and 70(0) (normalized). (There are outliers of course, no need for @ProLegion_exor to educate me on this ;).) So due to this compression, you'd be hard pressed to make a comparison between players of 50% and 55%, or 65% and 70% win percentage. If anything, only huge differences carry some predictive value, and even then the other factors may well dominate and invalidate the prediction.
    I guess that's enough nitpicking for tonight.

Haha, I wont :)
    If you compare KPM and K/D of the players with 50-55-65-70 % W/L you will problably see a clear pattern. @HuwJarz u want to present some stats on that? Cheers
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If anything, Dice caters to the KD crowd by giving to many points for kills and not enough for objectives. Not only that but they give out kills when you dont even kill an enemy but wound him and your buddy finishes him off. KD is artificially bloated in this game because it makes the KD crowd happy. People with a 1.2 KD are probably less than 1.0 when you factor in revives and assists counting as kills.
  • -Antares65z
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2017

He gets shot for revealing his position.

• full951
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    if you have a good kd and at the upper portion of the board. then yeah, you helped. if your kd is good, even extraordinary but you're near the bottom of the board, you didn't help the team, and your kills were empty. I'd wager it was still good fun but it was not game wining actions.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!