In order to PTFO you need good K/D and thats the ultimate stat

13468914

Comments

  • Astr0damus
    1479 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lucidstorm wrote: »
    medics are not that important, flags and control is, keep pressure on the spots at fullt health, block the flow, prevent enemies from moving to position

    I wish there was a downvote option
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wish there was a 'please stop spouting crap' option.
  • cammoses003
    649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    There are just players who play for stats. And don't help the team's goals. Probably the more hated types because they should know better than newbs.

    So, the players with no stats is winning the match over the players with stats? Logic.

    no, the player helping out his team is winning the match over the guy that rushes in to an objective, nets a few kills and doesn't stay to cap a flag.

    it's pretty sound logic actually.

    Because the guy has a good k/d that is what he's doing? No.

    because camping on a hill as a Sniper is helping out the team more? i thought so.

    Snipers on hills get kills? Must be new.

    lol, a good sniper? in operations? yeah- not hard dropping 100+ kills sitting back with a gewehr 98.. KD doesn't mean a thing, whether that be to snipers or people rushing.. all it takes is a campy play style or a squad running medic train to boost that stat up
  • rock1obsta
    3751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand how someone can truly believe a stat that only showcases the effort of one person, can possibly be the "ultimate" measuring stick in a game built on teamwork.

    This is tantamount to claiming a baseball players homeruns are the only stat that matters.

    Patently false.



  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone can truly believe a stat that only showcases the effort of one person, can possibly be the "ultimate" measuring stick in a game built on teamwork.

    This is tantamount to claiming a baseball players homeruns are the only stat that matters.

    Patently false.

    I dont think that anyone in these threads has ever argued that K/D is the only stat that matters. I think it is commonly accepted that a picture of a player ability truly shows itself via a blend of stats e.g. KPM, SPM, K/D ratio, Skill etc etc

    There is no one stat that tells you everything. However, if you were using valid statistical and scientist methods to build a true measure of skill at an individual level, you can be sure that K/D will be pretty high up on the list of weighted characteristics.

    DICE did this themselves with their own (rather blunt) skill characteristic.

  • ProLegion_exor
    3492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone can truly believe a stat that only showcases the effort of one person, can possibly be the "ultimate" measuring stick in a game built on teamwork.

    This is tantamount to claiming a baseball players homeruns are the only stat that matters.

    Patently false.
    DICE did this themselves with their own (rather blunt) skill characteristic.
    K/D is only 10% of the skill calculation. Should be 90% xD
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    BTR score and BTR per min is all that matters :smirk:

    That is dices own formula for calculating those stats together.
  • theONEFORCE
    2827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Y0L04LIF3 wrote: »

    they'd usually rather a "sik 50 kilstreek" than actually trying to help out the team by giving out health or ammo.

    Why is it always a good k/d vs handing out ammo/reviving/healing/repairing? Why can't the good k/d players do it all?

    If they can't do it then its not possible.
  • Trokey66
    6879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone can truly believe a stat that only showcases the effort of one person, can possibly be the "ultimate" measuring stick in a game built on teamwork.

    This is tantamount to claiming a baseball players homeruns are the only stat that matters.

    Patently false.

    I dont think that anyone in these threads has ever argued that K/D is the only stat that matters.

    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, funny guy........
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone can truly believe a stat that only showcases the effort of one person, can possibly be the "ultimate" measuring stick in a game built on teamwork.

    This is tantamount to claiming a baseball players homeruns are the only stat that matters.

    Patently false.

    I dont think that anyone in these threads has ever argued that K/D is the only stat that matters.

    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, funny guy........

    Who was making that argument then? I don't remember anyone saying that.......;-)

    I do remember people saying you could not be a really good player with a negative K/D. That is different.
  • theONEFORCE
    2827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People who care about stats in a game are seeking validation of their worth, because in the real world they are are deeply insecure and unnoticed

    I disagree, people that care about stats in a game are probably more likely to care about stats and success in the real world. Competitive players are generally competitive in all areas of life. And I mean competitive in the general sense, not in actually competing professionally, but wanting to win or do well at everything they do.

    The players that don't care about stats probably don't care because their stats aren't what they want them to be and they're looking for the PTFO gold star that validates their existence. They probably also get "thanks for showing up" awards in real life.
  • theONEFORCE
    2827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm having trouble understanding OP. I don't have a great kd by any means but playing role, and capping/defending flags on top of spotting enemies usually ends me in top 3 players in lobby.

    He's saying that if people weren't killing the enemies for you, you wouldn't have the luxury of making it to the top three.

    Here is an example. You are sitting in the flag cap zone soaking up points and another player is just outside the cap zone killing all of the players that are trying to reach you to stop the flag burn. You may get more points than the guy that is protecting you from the onslaught coming your way. In that scenario who is the better player?

    Most of the KD doesn't matter guys would say the flag squatter because he was PTFO while the other guy was "Just getting kills". But that is the wrong answer.
  • theONEFORCE
    2827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    I don't understand how someone can truly believe a stat that only showcases the effort of one person, can possibly be the "ultimate" measuring stick in a game built on teamwork.

    This is tantamount to claiming a baseball players homeruns are the only stat that matters.

    Patently false.



    No, what is being said is that kills are like hits, not home runs. And like hits, kills are not all that matters but they are extremely important because without them you can't win. The PTFO guys want to get on the bases by getting beaned every time.
    Post edited by theONEFORCE on
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Reward people for PTFO! Count how many seconds you stayed on a flag or captured a flag and give them battlepacks or something else.
  • Head3masher
    1173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMO by playing the objective will get you killed far more.

    If you want a higher KD, sit on a hill in a tank or artillery truck, or snipe from a distance.
  • sendjes
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Topic should be renamed to "In order to PTFO, you need to stick with your squad and advance." .
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    IMO by playing the objective will get you killed far more.

    If you want a higher KD, sit on a hill in a tank or artillery truck, or snipe from a distance.

    thank-you-captain-obvious.jpg
  • Trokey66
    6879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sendjes wrote: »
    Topic should be renamed to "In order to PTFO, you need to stick with your squad and advance." .

    But don't bother healing, supplying, spotting, reviving or repairing them just kill, kill, kill.

    Because if you die whilst making sure they don't and can keep killing, you're bad.
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    sendjes wrote: »
    Topic should be renamed to "In order to PTFO, you need to stick with your squad and advance." .

    But don't bother healing, supplying, spotting, reviving or repairing them just kill, kill, kill.

    Because if you die whilst making sure they don't and can keep killing, you're bad.

    Now you are just being silly! ;-) I feel the need to t-bag you. Let me know which server you are on tonight and we can have a dipping competition.
  • theONEFORCE
    2827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    sendjes wrote: »
    Topic should be renamed to "In order to PTFO, you need to stick with your squad and advance." .

    But don't bother healing, supplying, spotting, reviving or repairing them just kill, kill, kill.

    Because if you die whilst making sure they don't and can keep killing, you're bad.

    Actually, it goes more like this. Revive, heal or resupply your squad while killing the enemies on the objective that they're hiding from and then get shot in the back by the guy they let flank. And then maybe get get revived if they're not all dead.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!