In order to PTFO you need good K/D and thats the ultimate stat

Comments

• Contra87
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    sendjes wrote: »
    Topic should be renamed to "In order to PTFO, you need to stick with your squad and advance." .

But don't bother healing, supplying, spotting, reviving or repairing them just kill, kill, kill.

Because if you die whilst making sure they don't and can keep killing, you're bad.

Actually, it goes more like this. Revive, heal or resupply your squad while killing the enemies on the objective that they're hiding from and then get shot in the back by the guy they let flank. And then maybe get get revived if they're not all dead.

I see you know the squad I run with most of the time. Lol
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    lucidstorm wrote: »
    medics are not that important, flags and control is, keep pressure on the spots at fullt health, block the flow, prevent enemies from moving to position

I wish there was a downvote option

all u need is assault since the game is about CQC contact, give me 12 assault man with some skills and the game is over in 1 minute, u can do ur clumsy revives in your own base after that - now downvote this plz
    Post edited by lucidstorm on
  • MissNaughtyKitty
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The most important stat is K/D rating while on-objective. If you're taking 3 tickets away for every death on a flag, you're winning the game. If you're dying more than your kills, you're dragging the team down. Simple!
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The most important stat is K/D rating while on-objective. If you're taking 3 tickets away for every death on a flag, you're winning the game. If you're dying more than your kills, you're dragging the team down. Simple!

No! PTFO or GTFO!
  • Pinnedurass123
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm having trouble understanding OP. I don't have a great kd by any means but playing role, and capping/defending flags on top of spotting enemies usually ends me in top 3 players in lobby.

He's saying that if people weren't killing the enemies for you, you wouldn't have the luxury of making it to the top three.

Here is an example. You are sitting in the flag cap zone soaking up points and another player is just outside the cap zone killing all of the players that are trying to reach you to stop the flag burn. You may get more points than the guy that is protecting you from the onslaught coming your way. In that scenario who is the better player?

Most of the KD doesn't matter guys would say the flag squatter because he was PTFO while the other guy was "Just getting kills". But that is the wrong answer.

I didn't say anything about squatting near flags. When I am near top of boards its because I have plenty of kills on top of helping team. Most of the time ppl with high kdr's are snipers who go 8-0 sitting in the back of map never helping in obj games.
  • Astr0damus
    2645 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only relevant stat is melee kills / hours played
    (And to see hours played you need to visit bf1stats.com "Time played MP")
  • Imabaka70
    2420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    The only relevant stat is melee kills / hours played
    (And to see hours played you need to visit bf1stats.com "Time played MP")

Well in that respect I'm doing quite well with being in the top 0.1 percent with dog tags taken then lmao and almost 30 days play time
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm having trouble understanding OP. I don't have a great kd by any means but playing role, and capping/defending flags on top of spotting enemies usually ends me in top 3 players in lobby.

He's saying that if people weren't killing the enemies for you, you wouldn't have the luxury of making it to the top three.

Here is an example. You are sitting in the flag cap zone soaking up points and another player is just outside the cap zone killing all of the players that are trying to reach you to stop the flag burn. You may get more points than the guy that is protecting you from the onslaught coming your way. In that scenario who is the better player?

Most of the KD doesn't matter guys would say the flag squatter because he was PTFO while the other guy was "Just getting kills". But that is the wrong answer.

I didn't say anything about squatting near flags. When I am near top of boards its because I have plenty of kills on top of helping team. Most of the time ppl with high kdr's are snipers who go 8-0 sitting in the back of map never helping in obj games.

I highly doubt the typical high KD player in this game got that way being the camping sniper going 8-0. Most of the snipers hanging in the back suck and go 8-8.
  • disposalist
    8279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Simple except that "on-objective" isn't measured and it's much easier to get a high KD staying off the objective and preying on those that are concentrating on the objective.
  • KorpusDraige
    2229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simple except that "on-objective" isn't measured and it's much easier to get a high KD staying off the objective and preying on those that are concentrating on the objective.

But the same can be said about anything. Score don't matter because the game doesn't track what they were doing to get that score. I could run flag to flag and get a good score, but doing that isn't exactly helpful.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But the same can be said about anything. Score don't matter because the game doesn't track what they were doing to get that score. I could run flag to flag and get a good score, but doing that isn't exactly helpful.

Word.
  • MarxistDictator
    4589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys got it all wrong. Only revives matter. It doesn't matter if they only die because someone kills them only revives should count. We need a true KD stat that shows kills + revives to deaths - revives you could have done but didn't.
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys got it all wrong. Only revives matter. It doesn't matter if they only die because someone kills them only revives should count. We need a true KD stat that shows kills + revives to deaths - revives you could have done but didn't.

I agree. That would be a far better way of doing it.

I played with a squad mate today o conquest: @GuN_sLiNgErXD15. We were playing on Volga River. He was playing scout 21-0 at the time, and was top of the leaderboard by a country mile. I think I had picked him up a couple of times at that point.

When i realised he was 21-0, I vowed to do my best to keep him alive to see if he could end up in a round with 0 deaths.

He finished 38-1 and topped the leaderboard (as we aggressively PTFO too) with over 23000, and I finished second as a medic with 38-10 with about 19000. We had no other medic in the squad.

I had to remind @GuN_sLiNgErXD15 afterwards that he is only a half decent player. After all, with the six revives he got, he would have looked pretty ordinary at 22k points and 38-7.

I agree that we new a way to show the value of players in a round. Perhaps give more prominence to MY score - after all, if you ADDED my revives to my stat (I think I did about 15) then I would have got 53-10. It was probably better than that, as I think I picked up some medics that subsequently WENT ON to revive others too.

I estimate my effort at 120-10 (I was not revived once)

Please upvote if you agree that I was the best player and @GuN_sLiNgErXD15 is just a scrub.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @HuwJarz r u serious?
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    @HuwJarz r u serious?

Of course ;-) ;) Now get up-voting!
  • ProLegion_exor
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    @HuwJarz r u serious?

Pff, dream on. For every 10 revives done on me you will get one up vote. Deal?
  • lucidstorm
    1738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    MarxistDictator You guys got it all wrong. Only revives matter. It doesn't matter if they only die because someone kills them only revives should count. We need a true KD stat that shows kills + revives to deaths - revives you could have done but didn't.

those reviving always die, 4 men should kill me, but 4 men died because they were reviving, alot of people abuses the revive, some can do it, alot can't, I kill people on the ground or bare handed, it's hilarious. If u don't believe me kill 1 man and wait, see he will be revived, just kill the man again for fun or even 2
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    @HuwJarz r u serious?

Pff, dream on. For every 10 revives done on me you will get one up vote. Deal?

Dude, stop hatin'! We all know you spend more time in the spawn screen than anyone else in the history of Battlefield! Git gud! :tongue:
  • lucidstorm
    he has pro in the nickname he must be good
  • Pinnedurass123
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I highly doubt the typical high KD player in this game got that way being the camping sniper going 8-0. Most of the snipers hanging in the back suck and go 8-8.

The typical high kd players from my time playing are snipers who camp and don't contribute anything in obj modes. The others are pilots/vehicle drivers who focus mainly on killing. You have your opinion I have mine when it comes to what's more important in a team based game. Not gonna debate this any further so of you feel you are right that's cool.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!