Absolutely broken armor bouncing

MarxistDictator
3115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
So in typical DICE fashion or quite possibly the most terribly contrived Landship buff imaginable the Landship is basically immune to any explosive. Because they all bounce. Even hits to hitboxes that just granted a successful hit appear to bounce visually and can bounce randomly. Nice job dice.

Haven't really played vs other tanks but it's very obvious they broke this having used tanks extensively before. The landship was one of the more reliable tanks to not bounce vs, now it's a certified joke.

Also I've been killed by 6 invincible players, how about instead of making it so you can see spotted icons you make it so you can see all the enemies instead? A year later and this literally gameplay destroying bug still exists, GG.

Between this, the ongoing terrible hit registration and refusal to punish high ping players AND the lack of new TTK you've certainly outdone yourselves this time.

Stop the monthly updates already...

Comments

• xShidokanartist
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Learn to aim your shells and watch your six. In other words git gud.
  • doctim2
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So in typical DICE fashion or quite possibly the most terribly contrived Landship buff imaginable the Landship is basically immune to any explosive. Because they all bounce. Even hits to hitboxes that just granted a successful hit appear to bounce visually and can bounce randomly. Nice job dice.

Haven't really played vs other tanks but it's very obvious they broke this having used tanks extensively before. The landship was one of the more reliable tanks to not bounce vs, now it's a certified joke.

Also I've been killed by 6 invincible players, how about instead of making it so you can see spotted icons you make it so you can see all the enemies instead? A year later and this literally gameplay destroying bug still exists, GG.

Between this, the ongoing terrible hit registration and refusal to punish high ping players AND the lack of new TTK you've certainly outdone yourselves this time.

Jesus. Is this due to the recent update? I know they did something to fix the excessive noise of certain objects striking tanks...

If this is the case, I'm only playing domination until they get it fixed, because that's just ridiculous. Tanks can be annoying enough as it is.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There is also another odd bug for PC players - playing at 1080p and 60Hz makes your screen somewhat blurry. You can fix this by setting your resolution to 50Hz, but this is hardly ideal with a standard 60Hz monitor.

Someone said that the reason why this bug slipped by DICE is that they have 144Hz monitors in their workplace, but surely they must have tested this patch on regular monitors as well ... right?

I hope DICE knows that most PC gamers run their games at 1080p.
  • MarxistDictator
    3115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Seeing how 'polished' this update is I wouldn't be surprised at all. Seriously dice defenders, this is why they get scorn heaped in their direction. Even the basic stuff gets absolutely destroyed by their inability to write code properly. And now we have to suffer a month or more of absolutely broken tanks you can't even damage without the HE mortar. Awesome!
    doctim2 wrote: »

Jesus. Is this due to the recent update? I know they did something to fix the excessive noise of certain objects striking tanks...

If this is the case, I'm only playing domination until they get it fixed, because that's just ridiculous. Tanks can be annoying enough as it is.

It has to be, yesterday I was spanking tanks left and right with the AT Garford and almost never bouncing (since I've gotten used to those bounce angles by now). In the game I played earlier I bounced 6 shots off a landship, even adjusting the gun and my own tank's position to see if I could get a successful angle it just wouldn't work.

And the VERY odd shell that did actually hit, still had the visual and audio of a bounced shot.

This is yet more QA from dice, since they do so much play testing of the changes they make to the game.

Or maybe this is just a buff to tanks they forgot to mention, one that totally destroys any semblance of fairness or fun in dealing with armor. Oh boy I can't wait for this to get fixed in a month's time at the earliest.
  • doctim2
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Seeing how 'polished' this update is I wouldn't be surprised at all. Seriously dice defenders, this is why they get scorn heaped in their direction. Even the basic stuff gets absolutely destroyed by their inability to write code properly. And now we have to suffer a month or more of absolutely broken tanks you can't even damage without the HE mortar. Awesome!

It has to be, yesterday I was spanking tanks left and right with the AT Garford and almost never bouncing (since I've gotten used to those bounce angles by now). In the game I played earlier I bounced 6 shots off a landship, even adjusting the gun and my own tank's position to see if I could get a successful angle it just wouldn't work.

And the VERY odd shell that did actually hit, still had the visual and audio of a bounced shot.

This is yet more QA from dice, since they do so much play testing of the changes they make to the game.

Or maybe this is just a buff to tanks they forgot to mention, one that totally destroys any semblance of fairness or fun in dealing with armor. Oh boy I can't wait for this to get fixed in a month's time at the earliest.

Hmm. Might have to test out my infantry anti-tank setup and see how that's affected by it.
  • MarxistDictator
    edited November 8
    I can only imagine how well this is going to play out in Operations, where at present people often sit totally OOB in armor. Now they're effectively invincible since even the tank hunter plane can't land a bomb let alone cannon hit.

I'm assuming we're going to start seeing tanks truce since shooting at each other just wastes time and shells.

Edit: the Gartford and artillery truck seem to be mostly normal to fight still thank god.
  • kambotzis
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just finished two rounds of Conquest playing as assault.
    In the first round I joined mid-game, the enemy's Assault Tank was outside C, was shooting at it prone from between D and E. 9 shots (I had a supply crate and a support nearby), all ricochets (2 damage, and ricochet sound and visual)! I'm not new to the game, I know how to avoid them. I also know that the "ricochet" feature is somewhat bugged and iffy. But this has never happened to me before.
    Fast forward, Heavy Tank on B, two shots, both ricochets (only my two anti-tank grenades hit it properly). No more encounters with enemy vehicles this round

Next round, Brusilov Keep. Enemy Putilov (the new assault truck) on hill above C. Three shots with the rocket launcher, all on the front, all on different spots, all ricochets (again, both grenades hit it for their normal damage)

Anyone experience anything like this? Or was it pure luck?

I know there is a bug reporting section but I would like some feedback before reporting it as a bug.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    well got to wait till every body updates the game. During the day a patch comes out always bad server performance. patients my friend
  • Miles_Vappa
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I really wish they just reverted the game back to what it was like at initial release at this point.

It's truly bizarre that this game has legitimately gotten worse in almost every patch. The game was better and more stable at release

I'd take the trench fighter **** at this point.
  • Gforce81
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, Marxist has a thread of this very same thing going as of this AM

Apparently there it is some new bug lol
  • beetroot888
    400 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is the issue tank vs tank? Can infantry still do damage? Just got back into conquest, I'd hate to leave again.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Funny Dice. Let's fix one annoying bug but replace it will another one. GG.
  • James-MII
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I’ve blown up multiple tanks both on foot and in another tank, there is zero issue. It is shot placement!
  • Per_Hashisblad
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I noticed this too. I got only 2 damage per shot against a tank. Both with the landship side gun and St Chamond main gun.
  • MarxistDictator
    James-MII wrote: »
    I’ve blown up multiple tanks both on foot and in another tank, there is zero issue. It is shot placement!

Look there it is @xShidokanartist
    Is the issue tank vs tank? Can infantry still do damage? Just got back into conquest, I'd hate to leave again.

Any munitions that need to impact armor are affected, so all mortars/grenades/rockets/shells/bombs. Only dynamite and mines can damage tanks without having to worry about bouncing, which will no doubt encourage even more tank hiders to cling to the OOB.

Good for the tank lovers, absolutely horrible for everyone else.
  • beetroot888
    400 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    James-MII wrote: »

Look there it is @xShidokanartist

Any munitions that need to impact armor are affected, so all mortars/grenades/rockets/shells/bombs. Only dynamite and mines can damage tanks without having to worry about bouncing, which will no doubt encourage even more tank hiders to cling to the OOB.

Good for the tank lovers, absolutely horrible for everyone else.

Got it thanx. Now I gotta figure out how and where to use tank mines. Maybe till it's fixed tankers can be a little more aggressive.