Operation Campaign Battlepack

disposalist
7227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited November 2017
In case anyone is wondering: -

NPdgctl.png
ThVeD6g.png
PJpe04W.png
URPDSVd.png

I got a puzzle piece from each and a legendary skin in one as well.

You can repeat the campaign 'mission' but I just got a message saying "Daily limit reached. Try again in 7 hours" after the second time.

Comments

• Ploodovic
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was wondering, thank you. How many battlepacks can you earn, in a given period of time?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I still don't understand why knives are puzzle pieces in this DLC. I mean, the Cossack Dagger is much more ornate than either of these knives, and has more history as well, but its a standard unlock.

Overall, this battlepack is pretty mediocre. At least tomorrow's revision has a chance of being fairly interesting.
  • disposalist
    7227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    I was wondering, thank you. How many battlepacks can you earn, in a given period of time?
    As I say, after the second time, I got a message saying limit reached... Actually that might mean I can do one more...
  • MarxistDictator
    4273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    Yeah this custom revision is terrible so I don't really feel like I'm missing out not-grinding the worst balanced operations in the game. If anything I'm lamenting the fact that they only adjusted the balance on Volga River.
    I still don't understand why knives are puzzle pieces in this DLC. I mean, the Cossack Dagger is much more ornate than either of these knives, and has more history as well, but its a standard unlock.

Overall, this battlepack is pretty mediocre. At least tomorrow's revision has a chance of being fairly interesting.

Probably because all the current puzzle melees are either clubs or special category.
  • magosnow
    603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I also got a puzzle piece but i only opened one so far,maybe this evening i'll get the second.
    I just bloody hate operation: so dumb,so little opportunities for flanking....bleah.

Well since disposalist says it's 2 packs every 7 hours that means an average max of 52 packs(for regular everyday players),and a full max of 78 ( for **** buckets),respectively 4 and 6 per day.

Nothing indicates though,that next campaign will feature new puzzle knifes,so i'll just take it easy and try to get 1 maybe 2 per days.....there's a limit to my operation patience.

• BrianLocal1
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't care for operations that much.
  • Zooboid
    850 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd be lucky to finish one operation a day, given I only average about an hour or so game time per day. So I shan't bother given what's on offer.
  • UdayUppal
    8 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Actually for me it says "Daily Limit Reached". I think this means you can only get 2 a day, which would allow for 28 total Battlepacks over 2 weeks max.
  • Ploodovic
    1021 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    UdayUppal wrote: »
    Actually for me it says "Daily Limit Reached". I think this means you can only get 2 a day, which would allow for 28 total Battlepacks over 2 weeks max.
    This sounds about right.

I played two operations, yesterday, and I got the required 30,000 points on Brusilov. The other was so imbalanced, though, it was over well before I could reach the threshold. So, no battlepack for me yet.

I wonder if two weeks is enough for me to get the puzzle pieces. I don’t care about the knives, but they’ve attached codices to them, and I have all of the other so far...
  • PhantomDJ
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2017
    I have earned 2 battlepacks from playing operations.

the first one contained a knife puzzle piece for one of the new knives, and i think a legendary skin.

The 2nd battlepack contained only a regular skin. just like most regular battlepacks that you get from playing regularly. then it said i had to wait 14 hours before i could earn another one.

30,000 points is easy to attain in one round IF your team wins. If not, you are looking at 2 rounds, at least.

One match I played tonight, i was on the losing team (we were attacking and getting nowhere). I was able to switch sides when there was only a few minutes left and got the 2x or 2.5x bonus and made the 30,000 point threshold in one round. I don't like to do this, but ffs, operations take like an hour or more.
  • purpleflump
    260 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It said to me try again in 21 hours last night
  • Qwagm1re
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    2 Battlepacks both contained 1 of each type of puzzle pieces.
  • disposalist
    magosnow wrote: »
    I also got a puzzle piece but i only opened one so far,maybe this evening i'll get the second.
    I just bloody hate operation: so dumb,so little opportunities for flanking....bleah.

Well since disposalist says it's 2 packs every 7 hours that means an average max of 52 packs(for regular everyday players),and a full max of 78 ( for **** buckets),respectively 4 and 6 per day.

Nothing indicates though,that next campaign will feature new puzzle knifes,so i'll just take it easy and try to get 1 maybe 2 per days.....there's a limit to my operation patience.
    The 7 hours was how long I had to wait for the 'daily' restriction to drop (ie. midnight). I'm testing now, but it looks like it's 2 per day.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got a skin that isnt on that list, its for the Mosin Nagant called "Battle of .. idk the rest something like that
  • Ploodovic
    I got a skin that isnt on that list, its for the Mosin Nagant called "Battle of .. idk the rest something like that
    Did you get it from an Operation battlepack, or from the regular battlepacks? They contain different skins.
  • AlotOfThunder
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    Did you get it from an Operation battlepack, or from the regular battlepacks? They contain different skins.

from the operation battlepacks yeah i just realized that lol
  • Soulstarver1
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm I don’t know about you Guys but I did 7 battle packs and got 3 knife pieces and 2 legendary skins in 2 days when I finish both operations mine reset and I do them all over again without time limit haven’t noticed any of that....

• Ploodovic
    Hmmm I don’t know about you Guys but I did 7 battle packs and got 3 knife pieces and 2 legendary skins in 2 days when I finish both operations mine reset and I do them all over again without time limit haven’t noticed any of that....

Have you done more than two in a single day? Because after the second one, it says “daily limit reached”, or something like that. Try again in x hours, where x is hours until 00:00 GMT.
  • phoenix229
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Am i right in thinking, you sit through potentially 2 maps/games of hell, and put hours of work in, to not be guaranteed a puzzle piece for all that effort? and the worst thing is, if you disconnect at the last ticket of the last map, that's all the XP/BP progress down the drain... They haven't really made this viable for people with, lives, in my opinion because, when this operation expires, these knives may not be in a BP for another however many days (4-5 Ops codexes, 12 days for this Op running time, so roughly 48-60 days?), assuming the Op. campaigns rotate and have completely new stuff.
  • DaMutha1
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only way this is at all feasible is if the same 2 puzzle pieces are available in every campaign. I'm 2 for 4 in getting them, and really have no desire to keep playing these Russian maps over and over.