100+ pingers in servers?

Revokah
820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Why are 100+ pingers not getting kicked from servers? It totally ruins the game!

Playing a game yesterday there were a clan of guys from Iran with 100-140 ping and the game just became totally unplayable!

Where’s the autokick feature for this? And more to the point why aren’t people sticking to their own regions ?

Comments

• D5RAT
    1996 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Because EA and dice have not supplied servers in all areas and all continents so you are going to get people joining from different areas that have no servers. Why they don't allow dedicated servers is beyond me but it's something to do with protecting the code and quality of online play
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    just finished a round operations with several players with pings 300+ add 4/5 of 150+ and a few lower triple digits, everyone else was 10-60 and the hit detection was awful. matchmaking, yeah right. region lock please
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They don't have enough players to fill the servers with local players. It's all about the participation numbers, and they are weak.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    D5RAT wrote: »
    Because EA and dice have not supplied servers in all areas and all continents so you are going to get people joining from different areas that have no servers. Why they don't allow dedicated servers is beyond me but it's something to do with protecting the code and quality of online play

Yerrrr cause the quality of online play is currently amazing...

I’d sooner have a lower player count than lag and dodgy hit reg @-aarp-19Crib
  • CSGarrett
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yup. Dice's lag compensation algorithms make hit registration go in the toilet IMO when high pingers come in...
  • danbottomburp
    69 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try using the forum search instead of making duplicate posts. This has been discussed many many many times already.
  • VESPA5
    784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You do realize this is affecting a LOT of servers right? More often than not, the triple digit pingers are due to the server, not the player's connection. You can have over a Gigabit LAN connection and still get mysterious ping spikes in a server. Sometimes EVERYONE's ping spikes into the triple digits. This has been a known issue and it doesn't appear to be fixed nor does it matter if you're playing in your own region, at least in my experience. You kinda just have to live with it and the continual orange latency icons that pop up on your screen during gameplay
  • VonReisler
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    high ping players are getting way over compensated. I've been getting these 200 pingers killing me 1v1 and on my screen they just started firing. This has been happening way too often lately to be just random. They're seeing me before I'm seeing them and with my 18 ping, 1100 hrs gametime, and 100fps this just shouldn't be happening.