made myself laugh on Ballroom Blitz and had to tell someone

Stevie_Buckeye
18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
so im trying to unlock the MG 14/17 low weight, and like anyone else who has tried this im down to the LMG/plane shootdown part. I was playing conquest and spawned near E flag, so i jumped on the AA gun looking to soften up a bomber before opening up with the MG15.

One of my teammates must have taken issue with me shirking my PTFO duties, and came and stood in front of my gun. Ok fine. I took off running up the hill to jump the fence and head towards D to fight the good fight. my teammate jumps on AA gun and starts firing at me.

i stopped and looked back at him, like Really dude? i walked back down and stood in front of the gun, hoping he wouldnt realize that if he continued to shoot, that he'd kill himself, which he ultimately did. i will tell you that teabagging that guy was more fun than any dip i ever laid on an opponent. I love this game.

Comments

• Gforce81
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so im trying to unlock the MG 14/17 low weight, and like anyone else who has tried this im down to the LMG/plane shootdown part. I was playing conquest and spawned near E flag, so i jumped on the AA gun looking to soften up a bomber before opening up with the MG15.

One of my teammates must have taken issue with me shirking my PTFO duties, and came and stood in front of my gun. Ok fine. I took off running up the hill to jump the fence and head towards D to fight the good fight. my teammate jumps on AA gun and starts firing at me.

i stopped and looked back at him, like Really dude? i walked back down and stood in front of the gun, hoping he wouldnt realize that if he continued to shoot, that he'd kill himself, which he ultimately did. i will tell you that teabagging that guy was more fun than any dip i ever laid on an opponent. I love this game.

I can't stand when people do that.

Once on Monte Grappa, I had some guy try that same thing, with the AA gun at B. I knew better than to shoot while he was standing in front of me, ****-er moved around with wherever I turned the turret, left/right/ 180 degree turn.

When he couldn't STAY in front of me, he had the bright idea to climb right up on top of the AA gun, to completely block any outgoing shots. So I aimed straight up and spun around on the turret like a top.

Caught the attention of an enemy sniper who blew the top part of his head off. Gave him a THANKS as his dead corpse slid down the slope. Then I blew up a plane :)
  • Stevie_Buckeye
    poetic justice for that guy! well done.
  • captinsmooth
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Use the bar to shoot at planes it works better than the mg15. I know this from 3 hours of trying with it then shooting once with a bar and taking one down lol
  • beetroot888
    400 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

I can't stand when people do that.

Once on Monte Grappa, I had some guy try that same thing, with the AA gun at B. I knew better than to shoot while he was standing in front of me, ****-er moved around with wherever I turned the turret, left/right/ 180 degree turn.

When he couldn't STAY in front of me, he had the bright idea to climb right up on top of the AA gun, to completely block any outgoing shots. So I aimed straight up and spun around on the turret like a top.

Caught the attention of an enemy sniper who blew the top part of his head off. Gave him a THANKS as his dead corpse slid down the slope. Then I blew up a plane :)

I've done that. Couple times I switch to his squad just harassed him for a while.
  • Stevie_Buckeye
    Use the bar to shoot at planes it works better than the mg15. I know this from 3 hours of trying with it then shooting once with a bar and taking one down lol

ok thanks i will try that. im not having much luck so far.
  • robmcewen
    1583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nice one :D , why do people hassle player manning AA guns? they are keeping the sky's clear so you don't get bombed constantly.
  • abc1434286920
    30 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is the way that people try to force take over of AA's (as you take damage when you fire with an obstruction right in front of you)....you gotta wait it our or do same to them after you hand over, either way you are wasting your time.

Your team mate didn't take exception with your not ptfo-ing, he was just been a D...

Off topic: BB is probably one of the best maps in vanilla, can we sort out the "illegal" roof camping somehow?

• TheXBOXFan
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A tip to down planes fast and unlock the Mg parrabellem(is that how it's spelled?),

Map: Monte Grappa or Ballroom blits
    Gun: Mg 15 N.a. Suppressive or Mg parrabellem suppressive
    How: Get on a AA gun that is near plane traffic, when you see a plane (mainly bombers) shoot about 10 shells at the wings, after you get the disabled notification, get of the AA gun, bipod your gun of choice and shoot it till you get the destroyed notification.
    This is how I did it, I had the gun in about 4 days after it released.
  • BoWinston
    761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 10
    This is the way that people try to force take over of AA's (as you take damage when you fire with an obstruction right in front of you)....you gotta wait it our or do same to them after you hand over, either way you are wasting your time.

Your team mate didn't take exception with your not ptfo-ing, he was just been a D...

Off topic: BB is probably one of the best maps in vanilla, can we sort out the "illegal" roof camping somehow?

There's no illegal roof camping in Ballroom Blitz, it's a part of the map that can be legally accessed by parachuting onto it or jumping up to it from the upper walkway corner with no ladder access.
  • zwolseballetjes
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Cool story bro
  • diagoro
    979 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kinda like having players ride in the front of the mini , does nothing but obstruct my view and completely inhibit play.

It's likely just teens or younger, with no clueof teamwork, etc.....
  • moonlitmaverick
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have horrible pings where i live, no matter what server i try. I am forced to play scout as you can lead your shots. playing anything else means you will be massacred, even after you are well behind cover.

this behavior of blocking is rampant it seems. I think a lot of these run and gun types think scouts are what they like to call campers. On empires edge and on Amiens a friendly lay prone in front of my scout shield, facing and blocking me, as i try to take out perched scouts ( empires edge, you know the top of the fort thing ) and again blocks me as I try to protect a flag in Amiens C by taking out enemies heading toward the flag.

The strategy i adopt playing scout is simple. you capture a flag, you booby trap it, you lie in cover overlooking a path you know the enemy will take, you spot anything and everything you see, you take out an enemy or two headed towards the flag,
    you lob a grenade to take out more. you stay covered as they overrun the flag. once they leave you go and take the flag. and repeat. you then move to the other flag location because it is boring as hell staying put in one place.

in all this I have always got ribbons for Logistics ( yes the squad likes to spawn at a flag location ), ribbons for spotting, squad assists, etc etc. The game offers you a mode to play, and if you help the objective, albeit differently, then why the hate for scouts. You can't follow orders every two minutes because a scout will be massacred if they moved so much. With the ping i have the best i can do is lead shots and hope something hits.

Also, you don't always play as a scout the whole game. you change tack when the team is losing. sometime you just have to rush in and hold the flag to give your side an edge. or you play support and bomb the spotted enemies at a flag from a distance.

this blocking is shameful and leaves a bad taste. I am glad you got even! cheers.