Make Rank Mean Something

von_Campenstein
2993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
At the start of a round put the ranking member of a squad as lead, too much time and points are lost from the start having clueless noobs as squadleads before the situation can be corrected.

Rank after all means more time put in and more experience, it should be reflected ingame.

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    5722 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Rank means more time put in, which reflects neglecting team/squad mates over a longer period.

• Contra87
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At the start of a round put the ranking member of a squad as lead, too much time and points are lost from the start having clueless noobs as squadleads before the situation can be corrected.

Rank after all means more time put in and more experience, it should be reflected ingame.

I agree. I would also make rank based on how you play the objectives/classes. And you could be demoted for doing it poorly. I think that would cause some players to try a little harder. I think it would improve match making, as well. Now, how/what stats should be used to figure rank, I haven't the foggiest idea.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Contra87 wrote: »

I agree. I would also make rank based on how you play the objectives/classes. And you could be demoted for doing it poorly. I think that would cause some players to try a little harder. I think it would improve match making, as well. Now, how/what stats should be used to figure rank, I haven't the foggiest idea.

They're probably going to implement this sort of ranking system with Incursion rather than the normal BF1 game modes. It'll most likely be similar to CSGO's ranking system.
  • Contra87
    308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They're probably going to implement this sort of ranking system with Incursion rather than the normal BF1 game modes. It'll most likely be similar to CSGO's ranking system.

Oh ok, I've never played that. I'd like to see them do something to get the average player more interested in trying to play better. Probably too late for BF1, though.
  • robmcewen
    1583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Could they do this with the behemoths drivers as well, every time it seems my team gets the dreadnought 30 seconds later its beached with drive honking the horn.
  • von_Campenstein
    2993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It's enough that you base matchmaking on SPM rather than the soup they're using now.
  • von_Campenstein
    robmcewen wrote: »
    Could they do this with the behemoths drivers as well, every time it seems my team gets the dreadnought 30 seconds later its beached with drive honking the horn.

That is a bit trickier, a squad you can always start your own to learn the trade, with behemoths it's learning by doing and beaching the dread as to bring in the support guns point blank isn't always the worst play, driving off the map is.
  • von_Campenstein
    It really is a huge problem where you see no orders being issued or the same original order being in place as all flags are lost within the first few minutes of a match effectively ending it.