Regional servers suddenly gone 150+ ping, happens only in BF1.

kespich
239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 11
i used to have 65 to 75 ping in any european based servers. now it's gone 140+ and what's curious is that high capacity servers have higher ping. and this only happens in BF1

have any of you guys experienced, or know how to fix this. my arms are completely tied. I have tried everything.

tW1UUPv.png

Comments

• Blue_Quarter
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same problem on my side.
  • kespich
    I have contacted the technical support and they attempted to blame it on my ISP.

I have contacted my ISP and they blamed it on the HOST providers.

I have no idea what to do, I can't believe i have invested so much time and money in this game.
  • GlaeschenMaggi
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's typical - huge enterprises always tend to blame players or third parties to cause the problem instead of confessing that they have messed up something. The problem is that Battlefield is the only game having such issues - not even cheap games on steam have such netcode and server issues. I assume that the problem is on the side of EA/DICE and not on the player side because too many people have been complaining about the same issues at the same time recently. I have had the same latency issues for about one week now (I am playing on European servers). I really don't want to say it because actually Battlefield 1 is a game that I am really fond of - but I have never played a game having so many technical issues as Battlefield 1.
  • kespich
    That's typical - huge enterprises always tend to blame players or third parties to cause the problem instead of confessing that they have messed up something. The problem is that Battlefield is the only game having such issues - not even cheap games on steam have such netcode and server issues. I assume that the problem is on the side of EA/DICE and not on the player side because too many people have been complaining about the same issues at the same time recently. I have had the same latency issues for about one week now (I am playing on European servers). I really don't want to say it because actually Battlefield 1 is a game that I am really fond of - but I have never played a game having so many technical issues as Battlefield 1.

can't agree more.
  • Spruty83
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same problem. I used to have a latency of 17-20ms to dutch servers and 30-40ms to the irish servers. Now my ping is around 110-150ms to any server in europe with a capacity above 24players. To server with capacity of 24 players and below i get an okish ping of 45ms.
  • Hybride_F1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Many of us have the same problem. Perhaps a mod could merge all threads concerning this together.
    What i can tell: 1. It is not the ISP 2. It came after the update but not immediatly 3. Pings are gone all up but sometimes are comming down on some servers
  • CharlieN1221
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the same problem here. It has been more than a month now. From Philippines here.. My ping before in Hong Kong Server is 32 ping now its 300 ping. My ping before in Japan Server is 81 ping now its 165 ping. I cant play the game and I really feel bad. Maybe Dice is trying to cut down cost in there servers. I am holding off purchasing Star Wars Battlefront 2 until they fix the ping issue. I mostly play this game in Multiplayer. Its almost christmas I just hope they fix this. With the recent november update still no fix yet...
  • Hybride_F1
    Started this morning with 40+ pings. I was happy thought the problem was solved. In just one game the ping went up from 40 to 120! ISP ping is still under 30. Something is definitely broken
  • kespich
    yep it was good this morning, now i cant even connect to EA.
  • itsjustm3
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DAY 3 and still no reaction from DICE/EA ....

All servers are still unplayable for 90% of EU players (germany is most affected)
    Only at midnight, the connection gets a bit better, but only for 2-3 hours!
    Also, if the servers are empty, the ping is normal !

GoQrOR7.jpg

After last DLC patch, 1 month of full lag on all servers due crappy server performance = unplayble!
    Since patch of November we got this connection issue now = unplayble!

C'mon .. there are only 2-3 weeks in the last 4 month where BF1 runs without any big problems!

PS: Already listed on Bugtracker: https://www.bftracker.com/view.php?id=4761
  • Maxwell111111
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As stated in the other thread: northern Germany - same problem
  • maeckes089
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have the exact same problem for a week now. All Western European Servers with 24 players have perfect pings under 50 ms. All Servers with 64 players seem to have pings between 110-150 ms. Before I had pings between 24 ms and 60 ms constantly. The game still is running smooth but the pings are terrible these days.

DICE it is obviously YOUR TURN. Not the players. Not the ISPs. Especially when you can play BF4 with perfect pings and BF1 has doubled the pings?!!

Munich, Germany.
  • itsjustm3
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Must be something with the server farm in Netherlands!

As you can see .. all server are f***** except one single server hosted in Irland ^^
    pIjRkgV.jpg
  • lHaz3lnutl
    22 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same in Slovakia / Czech Republic
  • fRenZic-Ger
    I have the exact same problems you guys describle, I live in north germany.
  • GlaeschenMaggi
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, it seems as if especially the European servers where affected by this problems again.
  • 2017_Hellcat
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same issue on the east coast USA, on USA servers. Most likely the servers are overloaded and running out of bandwidth during peak hours.
  • itsjustm3
    I have the same issue on the east coast USA, on USA servers. Most likely the servers are overloaded and running out of bandwidth during peak hours.

Well then ... sounds like a global problem and not only related to EU servers
  • sendjes
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Denmark here, not seeing any of these problems.
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    it is very absurd yeah! I am on EU server ... every server is higher than the US server ... 100+ ... normaly arround 20-25 for my region!
    This sucks again ... what the hell happened?

2ubs5v7q.jpg