Empty servers + bad ping

GrinddalDDG
463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2017
Anyone else struggling to find full conquest servers? often only 2/3s full if even.

Also often the whole server is pinging above 100..

Im on PS4 on Euro servers.

Comments

• GrinddalDDG
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cant be the only one with this problem?
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've just looked, there's loads, change your server browser.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4743 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same for me - I am normally showing at least 20 servers populated a few ITNOTT and 2-3 TSNP. Must be at the Op's end.
  • GrinddalDDG
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

I should have mentioned this is thru quickmatch.

In anyway, game has gone down hill ever since the removal of 40man ops. imo.

Server browser often puts me into games that are half finished.

and the ping problem is everywhere
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well it's a combination of things. As you said, ridding the 40 man ops was crazy. Then there's COD that has an impact (whether we want to admit it or not, it sold big time, and many BF players came from COD and went back home).

They ruined the "custom game" interface, to the point idk what the hell i'm looking at anymore. One day, they have Back to Basics Conquest, the next, BtB Frontlines (which got pretty popular). They had BtB Operations going on for a week, multi filled servers, and they ended it.

So, i do think they have and tried great ideas, that maybe coming up the pike, but they don't come quick enough, and it becomes one step forward, two steps back, and when you have a monster like COD, it's the def the wrong time to play around with this stuff.
  • GrinddalDDG

Well it's a combination of things. As you said, ridding the 40 man ops was crazy. Then there's COD that has an impact (whether we want to admit it or not, it sold big time, and many BF players came from COD and went back home).

They ruined the "custom game" interface, to the point idk what the hell i'm looking at anymore. One day, they have Back to Basics Conquest, the next, BtB Frontlines (which got pretty popular). They had BtB Operations going on for a week, multi filled servers, and they ended it.

So, i do think they have and tried great ideas, that maybe coming up the pike, but they don't come quick enough, and it becomes one step forward, two steps back, and when you have a monster like COD, it's the def the wrong time to play around with this stuff.

I underestimated CoD, it just looked soo bad and was pandering to SJWs in such a fashion I thought it would sell bad. Also not exactly rave reviews by youtubers..

But 40man ops also had an effect imo.

Game needs DLC now, they have handled bf1 soo badly...
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I underestimated CoD, it just looked soo bad and was pandering to SJWs in such a fashion I thought it would sell bad. Also not exactly rave reviews by youtubers..

Right, well, i been around gaming for a very long time (i'm 51), and if i learned anything, never underestimate COD, particularly when they're going back to their roots. When you see on CNBC, Activision stocks hitting the roof, you know despite social media, the thing was a bombshell.

And yeah, the ridding 40 player Operations was a big mistake as well, no question.

The overall question, that may answer your original question, is why did they do it? A waning player base is why they did it. Their rationale was, they wanted to fill up more empty servers, and so rid the 40 player, to fill the 64 player. Where as if they had a robust player base playing Operations as a whole, they would not have to eliminate modes.

Same on Custom Games. Hardcore, Rush, BtB, Team Deathmatch, Dom etc, are having issues, and so they changes the interface to fill up more games, but having a terrible interface having access to these modes play a big role as well in why they don't play them.

If people don't know how to find the games, they won't.

So, the answer was never more DLC. Folks aren't playing the current DLC's, nonetheless the future. That excuse was a ruse (not enough content).

The excuse is, bad interface, and an utterly frustrating game to play.

High damage ratio's as compared to prior games (which is why HC is dead, b/c THIS is hardcore on Vanilla to an extent), and 64 players, with very slow respawn and high TTK ratios makes the game relatively unplayable for many people. So, they dismiss it as a "boring" game, but the 'boring' comes from spending half the game on the respawn screen.

They blame Snipers, Hellriegles, Tanks, grenades, gas grenades, planes, shotguns, bolt actions, pretty much the whole game being OP, and they are all correct, because a die/respawn type game model with 64 players and 12 second respawn just don't turn on many players, as compared to COD, where it's one second respawn, and back to business.

So, the game is a year old, the developer is focusing on Battlefront 2, BUT, i do have confidence some decent changes will be made, but the question is, will it be too late? Guess we'll see.
  • GrinddalDDG

Right, well, i been around gaming for a very long time (i'm 51), and if i learned anything, never underestimate COD, particularly when they're going back to their roots. When you see on CNBC, Activision stocks hitting the roof, you know despite social media, the thing was a bombshell.

And yeah, the ridding 40 player Operations was a big mistake as well, no question.

The overall question, that may answer your original question, is why did they do it? A waning player base is why they did it. Their rationale was, they wanted to fill up more empty servers, and so rid the 40 player, to fill the 64 player. Where as if they had a robust player base playing Operations as a whole, they would not have to eliminate modes.

Same on Custom Games. Hardcore, Rush, BtB, Team Deathmatch, Dom etc, are having issues, and so they changes the interface to fill up more games, but having a terrible interface having access to these modes play a big role as well in why they don't play them.

If people don't know how to find the games, they won't.

So, the answer was never more DLC. Folks aren't playing the current DLC's, nonetheless the future. That excuse was a ruse (not enough content).

The excuse is, bad interface, and an utterly frustrating game to play.

High damage ratio's as compared to prior games (which is why HC is dead, b/c THIS is hardcore on Vanilla to an extent), and 64 players, with very slow respawn and high TTK ratios makes the game relatively unplayable for many people. So, they dismiss it as a "boring" game, but the 'boring' comes from spending half the game on the respawn screen.

They blame Snipers, Hellriegles, Tanks, grenades, gas grenades, planes, shotguns, bolt actions, pretty much the whole game being OP, and they are all correct, because a die/respawn type game model with 64 players and 12 second respawn just don't turn on many players, as compared to COD, where it's one second respawn, and back to business.

So, the game is a year old, the developer is focusing on Battlefront 2, BUT, i do have confidence some decent changes will be made, but the question is, will it be too late? Guess we'll see.

Well can only agree to an extent..

Dont think changes will be made in time sadly, they have been kindof dismissing this game from day 1. seems like they have a very small team working on this game.

ive played bf since bf1942 and can only agree, this has been the most frustrating bf for me EVER! Caters so much to the casual gamers, that you can get killed in soo many ways, there are a few weapons way way better than others, the sweet spot, nothing to take down planes, heavy tank and arty truck indesrructible and fast.. list goes on and on.

Litterally only game mode I liked was ops40, reminded me of old school rush in a way.

nice post btw.
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    yeah, many more threads about this problem ... EU server ping is higher than the US server ... awsome right now
  • GrinddalDDG
    Man doesnt help heavy tank and st chaumond are untouchable now, every single at rocket ricoshets now....
  • CurvedTax769796
    146 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not to tech savvy so I don't know if it's related to this but I have had ping/latency as high as 1037 on a local US DICE server
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    very bad again ... kqscugn6.jpg

• -II-MaladiA-II-