[BUG?] When scoping firemode is changes

LegenDaryKillah
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi,

Recently I started to play Battlefield 4 again.
But now I got an issue.

When choosing any weapon that can change firemode I got the following bug:

When I scope with my weapon (right mouse click) its also toggles my firemode.
I checked my key bindings and the toggle for firemode is still on V.

Who can help me out? :(

I searched on the internet but it looks like my case is not common.

Comments

• LoucipherPL
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Try resetting your keybindings to default - even if you haven't changed anything in them.
  • LegenDaryKillah
    I also reset the keybindings. After it didn't work I deleted Battlefield4 from my pc. Then I installed the game again and still no success.
    Something I'm gonna try is with a different mouse (Have to try something) :(
  • LoucipherPL
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Different mouse... yeah, that might do the trick. Sometimes, advanced gaming mice come with their own drivers and control panels that do screw things up royally.
    What mouse are you using, just out of curiosity?
  • LegenDaryKillah
    The mouse that I have: MadCatz R.A.T. Pro S

I will keep you updated if this solves the problem. Its a advanced gaming mice... so I'm curious :smile:
  • LegenDaryKillah
    edited November 13
    Ah, it is indeed the mouse :( How wierd.. I have to find a solution to fix this. I'm gonna try to contact madcatz for help..
    Also I go check if I can update some software.. Thanks for your time!

Holy ^&*$.. I'm not gonna get any support from them, because they are bankrupt... damn.. How i'm gonna fix this without buying a new mouse.. o.O
  • RustedRoot
    1983 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Does your Madcatz mouse come with it's own software? Perhaps the right mouse button is bound to V in it's software.
  • LegenDaryKillah
    I have found the latest software on the internet. I installed it yesterday but It did not fix my problem :( I go try to reinstall all the software/drivers from the mouse :(
  • RustedRoot
    I think I found your answer posted in a quesiton on Amazon.

Question: When I using this mouse play battlefield4, everyone I aim, it's changing shooting mode. But other mouses works normally.

Answer: So I just had a conversation with MadCatz and Microsoft, with the information they provided to me I was able to figure out what the issue is. For this comment I will keep it short all you need to do is disable the HID-compliant game controller driver for the RAT Pro X. (For the full explanation see my review of this product)

Link to his review with additional info
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3NZSIYK5TQIY6/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B013HZPX6U
  • LegenDaryKillah
    edited November 15
    Awesome! this indeed solves my problem! I turned off the settings and the problem is solved and the mouse and works perfect!

Thanks RustedRoot! <3

Before the link will be ever broken, the solution:

(This process is for Windows 8.1 but should be simaler to other windows)
    To start go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Right click 'RAT PRO X' > Click properties > Go to Hardware tab > Find the HID compliant game controller driver and disable it.
  • RustedRoot
    Great to hear!