Would lots of high ping players...

misisipiRivrRat
866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Would that cause issues for the server or for players with low ping? I play on ps4 and I just want a definitive answer for once. I've been following a thread in the xbox section for quite some time, where a dev even chimed in for awhile.
It has been my experience on console that when you see 5 or more players with 150 ping the game acts wonky. Many times Conquest servers in east us have 20 or more players in the 125ms range and higher, and this makes the gameplay mostly crap imo. So there are a couple of guys in that Hit Detection thread that sound very knowledgeable when it comes to networking and how bf1 runs, but they also say high ping has no effect on a servers performance and does not effect our gameplay at all.
I seem to remember reading something about pc players not wanting high ping players in the servers they had rented. So can anyone here give me a straight answer? Thank you.

Comments

• misisipiRivrRat
    866 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing?
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Don't think there is a definitive answer, there must be innumerable variations on what is happening with peoples internet connections. But instead of blaming players, how about get onto EA to fix the problem. After all it is their game. They are quite happy to take money from people all over the world and then don't provide servers in regions they sell the game. They then also change the netcode after six months, which makes it even more difficult to play for those out of region. What do you expect people to do? Just not play and donate their money to EA because some whiny kids think somebody with a slightly higher ping is ruining their game?

It's about time EA upped their game and provide a fully functioning online game experience, especially for the money they charge. I for one won't be buying another title from them until they do.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    I don't necessarily think high ping players are ruining my experience. I eas asking the pc community what their thoughts are. My experience playing with lots of high ping players is mostly horrible. But then you get that game where all pings are about the same and it's still crap.
    Let me ask this a different way. If you were given the choice to play on two different servers, one where the majority had pings of 125ms and higher, and the other server the majority of players were 70ms or lower, which server would you play on? Would there be a difference? I really want to know? Why are people clamoring for ping limited servers if it makes no difference in the gameplay. I'm asking opinions here because Dice are quite silent on the subject.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't necessarily think high ping players are ruining my experience. I eas asking the pc community what their thoughts are. My experience playing with lots of high ping players is mostly horrible. But then you get that game where all pings are about the same and it's still crap.
    Let me ask this a different way. If you were given the choice to play on two different servers, one where the majority had pings of 125ms and higher, and the other server the majority of players were 70ms or lower, which server would you play on? Would there be a difference? I really want to know? Why are people clamoring for ping limited servers if it makes no difference in the gameplay. I'm asking opinions here because Dice are quite silent on the subject.

PS4 will not do Ping caps of any kind. they don't understand that internet isn't ready for worldwide multiplayer gaming. that's why I stop playing PS4.
  • misisipiRivrRat

PS4 will not do Ping caps of any kind. they don't understand that internet isn't ready for worldwide multiplayer gaming. that's why I stop playing PS4.

So is the experience better on pc? Better because of ping caps?
  • Jinko_itx
    743 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    what it is i have seen is that many south American players will go on north American server (also asia in some cases) because we have better servers overall so it causes lag for low ping players in game.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So who is at fault then? Gamer's, or the game company that doesn't provide adequate server support?
  • misisipiRivrRat
    Wow. I was really hoping for a few more responses, but nothing.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So is the experience better on pc? Better because of ping caps?

PC is a better all around Esperance. PS4 just horrible. You play PC you will never play console again.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2018
    It definitely impacts on the experience - high pings mean that the data from your other players can take different routes, packets drop and occasionally lag out. Generally, I think that the player would, for example, have killed me anyway, but the experience when that player has a high ping is different. Sometimes it feels like they one-shotted you with the Automatico, or you get some bullets off but they don't register.

It's not ideal, but once you get zen about it, it's not such a big deal.
    Post edited by TNA_SneakyMonkey on
  • ATF_lateDENT
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zombie thread revive!
  • misisipiRivrRat
    Yep. It sure is.