Why is this game so different?

«1
wontbuyurgames
237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Why has DICE so far departed from it’s past games? BF games were known in the past for teamwork and vehicles. Now it seems like most- if not all modes players aren’t playing objectives (unless you’re in your platoon or with some friends). Medics don’t heal. People don’t repair your vehicle. Does anyone drop ammo? Snipers rule some maps, shotguns are over powered. So unless you’re grouped up, you’re like chicken bait hanging by a rope for the gator. I don’t know why such a preference is given to snipers and why vehicles don’t work well, and some if not all maps aren’t made good for them getting around.
I’ve loved DICE BF games, and I’m still playing- but I hope DICE finds it’s roots.

Comments

  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Okay.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A couple of maps are too Scout friendly, but it’s nowhere near as bad as people hyperbolically make it out to be. I actually find I get revived more in BF1 than I ever did in BF4, though still not as much as is ideal. As for repairs and ammo support just seems really unpopular in general. Not sure why when it has guns like the Parabellum and Madsen. Shotguns aren’t OP. They’re very inconsistent which is hopefully getting patched with the TTK changes.
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I see all those things as well, but i just enjoy the game too much to really make a fuss about it. I doubt at this point their going to change anything.
  • NihlusKriyk
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like every Battlefield to date.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3873 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You pretty much described every Battlefield ever released. DICE can give the tools for Team Work but they can't force people to use those tools.

  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We need Battlefield 2 gameplay back with no blackhawk nerfing!
  • IG-Calibre
    978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FookDat wrote: »
    We need Battlefield 2 gameplay back with no blackhawk nerfing!

    The first nerf brought about by tears in the forums! they were so awesome until they ruined them and boy did DICE render them obsolete after it
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Repairtool shouldnt be optional bu standart equipment for people in the tank. So the soldier must get out first if he wants to repair. The driver can always repair.
  • ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I stopped reading when you said shotguns are overpowered..you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.
  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    FookDat wrote: »
    We need Battlefield 2 gameplay back with no blackhawk nerfing!

    The first nerf brought about by tears in the forums! they were so awesome until they ruined them and boy did DICE render them obsolete after it

    I still play BF2 AIX 2.0 mod! with patch 1.42 before the blackhawk nerfing! The way the blackhawk minigun should be feared! I still get a tear in my eye when I think of that nerf! You are correct it was totally obsolete after it!
  • malnar11
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They want this game to be cod kid friendly...
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    Because if I wanted the same thing over and over I wouldn't waste 70€, and stick to BF4 instead.
    malnar11 wrote: »
    They want this game to be cod kid friendly...

    Really? Do they? How is that?
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    malnar11 wrote: »
    They want this game to be cod kid friendly...

    Lol, a lot of the very best players I know came from COD and they excel at BF1.

    But as for medics in BF1, they're way better than in previous titles. I went back to BF4 a few times over the last few months and of the 3-4 multiple hour sessions, I was revived twice. TWICE. I get revived quit a bit in BF1, and I think it's because they finally made the medic a medic, instead of giving them assault rifles with underslung grenade launchers and shotguns. It also helps that the timeframe for reviving a team mate in BF1 is nice and long. It was so short in BF4, it almost wasn't worth it to bring defibs.

    Compared to BFBC2, BF3 and BF4 the team work is better in BF1 than it's ever been because it extends beyond the engineer class that just worked together to keep vehicles and killstreaks alive.
  • Miles_Vappa
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IG-Calibre wrote: »
    FookDat wrote: »
    We need Battlefield 2 gameplay back with no blackhawk nerfing!

    The first nerf brought about by tears in the forums! they were so awesome until they ruined them and boy did DICE render them obsolete after it

    Vehicles were team specific in that game so it was a needed nerf.

    Idk what the name of the helicopters for mec and china were but the side gun pkms were trash in comparison, it really only brough the miniguns in line with them.

    Oh wait, i forgot this wasnt 2005...
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I liked the melee action in BFBC2 before there was some stupid animation sequence which gets you killed 25% of the time.
    You used to be able to run up a flight of stairs and knife someone for a one hit kill on your way up -- faster than you could blink. Now it's a whole ordeal.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    I liked the melee action in BFBC2 before there was some stupid animation sequence which gets you killed 25% of the time.
    You used to be able to run up a flight of stairs and knife someone for a one hit kill on your way up -- faster than you could blink. Now it's a whole ordeal.

    Agreed
  • malnar11
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    malnar11 wrote: »
    They want this game to be cod kid friendly...

    Lol, a lot of the very best players I know came from COD and they excel at BF1.

    But as for medics in BF1, they're way better than in previous titles. I went back to BF4 a few times over the last few months and of the 3-4 multiple hour sessions, I was revived twice. TWICE. I get revived quit a bit in BF1, and I think it's because they finally made the medic a medic, instead of giving them assault rifles with underslung grenade launchers and shotguns. It also helps that the timeframe for reviving a team mate in BF1 is nice and long. It was so short in BF4, it almost wasn't worth it to bring defibs.

    Compared to BFBC2, BF3 and BF4 the team work is better in BF1 than it's ever been because it extends beyond the engineer class that just worked together to keep vehicles and killstreaks alive.

    Agree with that, but for the team play my best experience was in bf3, so glad they put operation in bf, so they force team play
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I actually get resupplied quite a bit in BF1, but I would constantly scream at Support players in BF3/4 for ammo, going so far as to let them die in a firefight and refuse to revive them afterwards if I had a defibrillator.

    Ultimately, its not just the game mechanics, but the players that determine the level of team play in a match. If a game has a wide variety of team play elements, but few people use them, guess what will happen?
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Very true. When I first got into BF back in BC2 I was admittedly part of the problem. I saw all these gadgets that could help team work but there was little team work, so I didn't really even try to get revives or resupply since I didn't see others doing.

    It's still an awesome feeling when you get into a server and you see a squad start using their tools together to put in work.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yea, they seem to have gone more COD on this game (quick run and gun, die, rinse repeat), which is why it poached so many. So that turns off the vets who left, and idk, according to modes i play, that you can hardly find any servers, went back to COD. I think last gen was great, but this time around, too crowded with 64 players and too much maelstrom, which is what COD is.
Sign In or Register to comment.