Scout guide! (Video)

Revokah
820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
This is my attempt at a sniper tutorial, still new to all this to be kind on your reviews! I hope that some of you can take something from this video and add it to your game play, please like, comment and even sub if you like it and want to see more! Rev out <3

Comments

• -Bl1tzTurk-
    399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Where is the dislike button
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where is the dislike button

Is that helpful to a guy asking for honest opinion? If you don't like it, at least say why so that the OP can get some constructive feedback.

OP - I enjoyed watching it as a poor scout myself. There was useful content for me especially about not holding ADS too long after shooting and having a consistent scope settings.

I would have liked to see a bit more about pros and cons of infinity vs carbine vs sniper etc...

All in all a pretty decent effort. At this lates stage it is hard to make an impact - so perhaps shorter videos showing specific elements of scout play might drive ,ore traffic. e.g. effective use of trip wires, or scope set up, etc.....

Hope this helps.

• Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @-Bl1tzTurk- :unamused:

@HuwJarz hey man thanks for the feedback I’ll take it on board! I was trying to go for abit of a guide, like you say it’s late on I’m trying to get into the video making, boost my confidence doing them etc for when bf2018 drops! I’m not much of a scout player in all honesty I just seem to do fairly well with it when I use it so comparing carbines to infinity to snipers is possibly out of my depth but it is certainly something that I’ll look into on the next one! Thanks again man!
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nice job @Revokah .

I found it pretty good, the game play was good and not boring.

I would avoid saying "personal preference" to much, I figure your giving a tutorial and you're suppose to be the authority. So take charge tell them what they should use as you're giving instructions not suggestions.

As for my favorite tutorials... I like DRBC007.

• Imabaka70
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    I as a scout main can agree with keeping the same zoom settings. I usually run 8x for my snipers(except the martini sniper I run a 5x). I don't like marksman, the carbines is 2.5x , and irons is 2x

The other thing that helped me out is pick one rifle and use it for a while way easier to get the feel of how the gun handles and the drop over distance, though that can be said of any gun.

Also agree Definitely do not stay ads very long especially with a sniper variant it just says "please shoot here" most of my head shots are from scouts just laying on a hill ads 24/7.

In general though you have some pretty good info for people starting out as a scout or looking to improve their scout gameplay.

• Revokah
    @i_Goof_i that’s exactly what I was going for in terms of game play, I’ve often seen videos and there’s just nothing happening and I’ve just turned them off basically.

I get you there, Be more assertive!!

Thanks for the input :) I’ll check that video out now and get back to you. Cheers
  • Imabaka70
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I also forgot to mention spot everything as you said. Spot the tanks, the planes the enemy, spot if you aren't going to shoot, spot if you are, spot till the button about breaks.
  • i_Goof_i
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    I also forgot to mention spot everything as you said. Spot the tanks, the planes the enemy, spot if you aren't going to shoot, spot if you are, spot till the button about breaks.

Especially other snipers that might be to far away or to much of a threat for you to take out. 50% of the time I'm in a plane and I'm pretty good. I would say I've got air superiority the majority of the time and I'm always scanning for new targets. Basically you scan em, I'll most likely take care of them. Snipers are easy targets!
  • Imabaka70
    edited November 2017
    @i_Goof_i If a sniper is 350m or less from me I can pretty reliably nail them with in 1-3 shots. 400+ I may take a shot or two but just keep them marked for pilots or someone closer than myself.

Unless we are absolutely smashing the other team then I'll harass the other snipers far far out lol
  • Revokah
    Yeah exactly chaps! It is a very basic guide but there’s a huge target audiance out there that don’t do some of the points I mentioned, there are a lot that do too, which is great the more dots on the map the more I can kill lol
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    Your tutorial only applies on conquest games with large open fields. Everybody can do that. Show your skill agains machine guns on close combats. Show how you respons while under supression fire and being hit. Show the small map modes like domination..

Show how to PTFO!!!
  • Revokah
    Eerrr all of that footage is from frontlines, doesn’t get much more close quarters than that
  • HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Your tutorial only applies on conquest games with large open fields. Everybody can do that. Show your skill agains machine guns on close combats. Show how you respons while under supression fire and being hit. Show the small map modes like domination..

Show how to PTFO!!!

Rubbish. Did yo even watch the video. That footage was crammed with aggressive scout play on small game modes? If you cannot be bothered providing decent feedback, why bother at all?
  • BraumPitt
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jow dude like the video!

But i think you are missing out on some basic things.
    You might be a person that can play close to medium range with a 10 time scope but a lot of people can't. And it makes players stay at a way farther distance then they should be. + you don't tell them about the downside of using a sniper instead of a marksman witch is the scope glare. Just giving away you posistion.
    Can't tell you how many times i played and just lookt to where the enemys are and see a disco going on of scouts using snipers with scope glare.

Next too that i don't agree with you saying that if you want to play run and gun you should use a shotgun or automatico. Having on most game modes (Even conquest or operation) a run and gun scout is more usefull then a scout being 200 meters away from the objective. + my own experience is that i can get way higher up on the scoreboard in points and kills being a close range scout.

Next to that i completely agree with go for the headshot. And not telling people about the hated sweetspot. But it is there and there are some simple tips that can help people get more kills an be more usefull to the team by letting them know how to use it.
    for example use the capture points to see the distance you are away from it to see if people are in your sweetspot or not. ( let me be clear i hate the sweetspot and think it ruins the game. It makes playing scout way to easy. Lets not forget there are snipers that have a sweetspot that starts from 150 meters away. that is useless for teamplay.)

Also if you are going to say witch gadgets they should use ( spot! flaredon't forget theres is also the othere flare gun and K bullet) maybe tell them how to use it or what it does. Like don't go shoot K bullets at the tank that is full health, but use it to denie a tank to repair till the assault players can take care of it.

And one basic thing i almost never find in a scout video is PTFO. like i said your advice to use a 10 times scope doesn't really help people PTFO. A scout is there to scout sure. But theres a reason alot of people don't call it scout but sniper. And that is cause so many players. Will not scout with it. they will go for the kills laying back behind there sniperschields or cover. shooting people. probably not even looking at what objective the team is trying to capture or losing.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying you made a bad video. I agree with alot of points you make. But i do think that some of the tips you give. Are the reason why its so easy to lose a match if you have 10 to 15 scouts or in this case i'm gonna call them snipers in your team.

And one last thing. I know this is a long post. (sorry) But if you wanne stand out with a scout tip video. Its not duable in 1 video of 10 minutes. You are missing to many points and aldo i'm not saying you copied it. this video Is already made many times if you go on youtube. Try to stand out make a video with dept in it. The game is from 2016 people who play the game now are not looking for basics there looking for the fine tuning.

Let me know what you thing of the points i'm making ( and sorry for the bad grammer)
  • Revokah
    @BraumPitt wow! Thanks for the feedback man! That’s exactly what I’m looking for!

I thought it was a little short and like you say some points are hit and miss but it was meant in a very general sort of sense, I do agree with you though I need to now break down the video into more key points maybe even 4-5 5 minute videos. Currently I’m trying to build on what is a very narrow path due to like you say the game been old. But I’m just getting some practice in for BF2018 and I’ll be hitting the videos and guides hard trying to help as best as I can.

Aswell I don’t particularly play as a scout either. I only pick it up when I get bored of been a medic :P

Awesome post though, really really helpful and I appreciate it massively, thank you
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great one! I'll become a Scout now ☺️
  • Revokah
    You already are with Autoloading Marksmen :P
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Revokah wrote: »
    You already are with Autoloading Marksmen :P

True. Tactical camping it's called :wink:
  • Revokah
    Hahahaha not from you bro
  • -Bl1tzTurk-
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Show how to PTFO!!!

Rubbish. Did yo even watch the video. That footage was crammed with aggressive scout play on small game modes? If you cannot be bothered providing decent feedback, why bother at all?

Dude he is 28153 top 33% worldwide while i am 561 top 1%.

I know what i m saying.