L Class Destroyer / C Class Airship

SFSeventh
266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hey does anybody know if the L Class Destroyer and the C Class Airship will be only available on TT DLC maps or on all maps for owners of the DLC like the previous vehicle additions ? (Ilya Mouromets and St. Chammond).
Personally i'd love to use the destroyer on vanilla maps, i just love boats and miss the attack boats from BF4.
But i also understand if they chose not to include them due to concerns of it breaking the gameplay on some maps.

Comments

• V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Highly unlikely to see them on vanilla maps due to balance issues and the overall “fit” of said maps. These DLCs maps are designed for these vehicles to work.
  • MarxistDictator
    4843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    From randomdeviation (dice dev)

I'd like to see it on those maps, but I'm not sure if it's possible from a performance standpoint. It might push the maps over budget in terms of memory.

So no, it won't show up on those maps, at least not at first.
  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    Ohhhh so sad, atleast they told us why it cant be done
    Post edited by SFSeventh on
  • EpicShelter
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Would really like to see the L Class Destroyer come to Empires Edge/ Fao Fortress. It would add a whole other level to those maps. If they have to remove some vehicles or even alter the map a little Im good with it. The Torpedo Boats would be so much more relevant!
  • CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Would really like to see the L Class Destroyer come to Empires Edge/ Fao Fortress. It would add a whole other level to those maps. If they have to remove some vehicles or even alter the map a little Im good with it. The Torpedo Boats would be so much more relevant!

On Fao Fortress I can see the destroyer working, but on empires edge I think there is not enough "field of view" for it. So all you can do is camp the E post to capture it.
    The airship on the other hand... i wanna see that on Vanilla maps, but if it isn´t doable with the games/maps memory than we have to accept that.
  • DingoKillr
    3466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    From randomdeviation (dice dev)

I'd like to see it on those maps, but I'm not sure if it's possible from a performance standpoint. It might push the maps over budget in terms of memory.

So no, it won't show up on those maps, at least not at first.

Something would need to come out for them to go in. Example no tanks, cars or horse in the new maps.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They could always just create a sea map (with islands scattered around to prevent the vehicle equivalent of Galicia) and give each team 3 or 4 destroyers, two planes, and a decent amount of torpedo boats for the infantry to attack enemy ships as well as the islands. Naturally, the dreadnought would come in for the losing team.
  • Qwagm1re
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh lookie a new airship and destroyer... Who cares! They will be dumb. They focus on new content that wasn't asked for while all of the bugs in the game get ignored until the "next update."

What would really be realistic would have a behemoth that was off that map that was 5 artillary peices. 5 dude lobbing artillary at the whole map. Yep

Just set a timer on it. 5 mintes should do. Enough to get back into the match.