It's easy to go 0-0 and top the leaderboards - and yes, K/D matters.

HuwJarz
2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
@GuN_sLiNgErXD15 @WetFishDB

I know that there are a few people that like to hold up a 0-0 leaderboard as a proud example that you do not have to do killing to be a decent BF1 player. These people like to hold up leaderboards of people going 0-0 K/D as a demonstration of the power of reviving and taking flags. They say that team play is more important than killing. Those of us that know just laugh at this B/S. Yes reviving is important, but is much better if you can combine it WITH killing.

Anyway, here is one my squad did a couple of days ago:

GcRPmpd.jpg

Can I let you into a little secret?

You don't NEED to go around reviving like mad to do this......All you have to do to acchive this impressive feat is to get the top player to quit server just as the game ends and the scoreboards displays this. In reality See-Thee_Int-Fog was actually something like 42-7 on K/D

Pleased to have been able to tell you about the sham.

You see, K/D matters.

Comments

• HuwJarz
    P.S. Not sure why the screen shows 6 players in squad.........must be something to do with the quitting. The player in 6th place (Meshly) WAS in party with us.
  • GRIZZ11283
    3311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    :lol: brilliant, that should put a certain someone in his place :)
  • HuwJarz
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    :lol: brilliant, that should put a certain someone in his place :)

It seems he may not see it. I was providing too much evidence and too many stats taking down his arguments. My facts were interfering with his feelings, so he did what any decent forums does under those circumstances. He blocked me. Perhaps someone can send him a screenshot for his records......
  • GRIZZ11283
    3311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes I think he did mention something about blocking people lol.
    Will he not be able to see this thread at all then?
  • SirTerrible
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's hard to cap flags if you're staring at the spawn screen all the time because you can't consistently outgun your opponents. If you can't manage a good K/D then you are relying on your teammates to do all the dirty work. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you're having fun, there are tons of people of varying skill levels playing and that's cool. Your killing efficiency (I'd lump KPM in with K/D for this) will go a long way towards winning though, there's really no argument there.
  • Trokey66
    4727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The bloke in 8th place didn't do to shabby compared to what we can see of the other team.

• Tullzter
    341 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    impressive, even more so that he managed to stay alive throughout the whole round ! a true messenger of peace this one lol
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What kind of wizardry is going on here.

Edit: oh wizardry was explained.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's hard to cap flags if you're staring at the spawn screen all the time because you can't consistently outgun your opponents. If you can't manage a good K/D then you are relying on your teammates to do all the dirty work. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you're having fun, there are tons of people of varying skill levels playing and that's cool. Your killing efficiency (I'd lump KPM in with K/D for this) will go a long way towards winning though, there's really no argument there.

You need to get a pro already to you can join on euro servers with us. We'd never lose
  • SirTerrible
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You need to get a pro already to you can join on euro servers with us. We'd never lose

I'm assuming you guys already never lose lol
  • HuwJarz
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    The bloke in 8th place didn't do to shabby compared to what we can see of the other team.

He finished in 24th place. Not exactly dominating a leaderboard.

Still no sign of any negative K/D players dominating leaderboards..........I'm really looking forard to seeing it. About as much as I am looking forward to seeing the flying pigs mating with unicorns outside my house.
  • SirTerrible
    BRB gonna go play a round then redeploy 50 times in a row at the end of the match so I can get MVP with a terrible K/D and brag on here.
  • RudeAwakeningEh

We do on occasion. One squad isn't enough to win games typically. You know how team balancing works. 6v32
  • SirTerrible

We do on occasion. One squad isn't enough to win games typically. You know how team balancing works. 6v32

The way ticket bleed works now in CQ isn't ideal either.
  • Trokey66
    4727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Still no sign of any negative K/D players dominating leaderboards..........I'm really looking forard to seeing it. About as much as I am looking forward to seeing the flying pigs mating with unicorns outside my house.

Errrr, that is an 'End of Round' scoreboard......
  • ProLegion_exor
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It's not enough for Domination either. To many tryhards and due to the spawn system.
    Frontlines are way easier to impact a victory with one Squad. You guys are doing great for CQ.
  • HuwJarz
    HuwJarz wrote: »

Errrr, that is an 'End of Round' scoreboard......

Yes

There were 7 in our team that beat him and 16 on the other team. 16 + 7 =23. Therefore he finished 24th. Did I miss something?
  • Trokey66
    edited November 24
    Ahhh, I see what you did there. Still, 23 out of 64 ain't bad with that KD especially considering the KD and score of the bloke in 37th.......
  • Prep768
    2358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So this wasn't due to my new XIM4 then?
    Battlefield%201_20171120222904_zpsznynlx6q.jpg
  • VBALL_MVP
    4233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I claim hax