300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

  • SFSeventh
    266 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    100 would be ok but 300 ? that was some sweaty grinding i did the last 2 days xD
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    I hope that the cryhards go to battlefront 2 or battlefield 4. I can save money on tissues.

    NO!
    Please don't encourage the...ahem....cryhards to pollute BF4.
    They can have Battlefront.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »

    I recognize you used quotes here, but my experience for the weekend was that maybe ten percent of players in Operations matches were running shotguns.

    I was playing Operations on Argonne on Saturday and took a break from the shotgun mission and I think I ran into all 10% of the shotgunners on Operations at once. It was awesome though, two of us were bipoded on the second to last sector and we probably got 40 to 50 kills each. I was able to get rid of all my assault salt as wave after wave of those little guys came towards us. We held all three battalions on the last two sectors and we won the Operation. I ended with almost 100 kills.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it... is it over? Can we poke our heads out without getting blasted by shotguns?

    To be fair, it was pretty funny seeing all those shotgunners running across open fields in big game modes trying to close the gap on targets.
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    300 kills is way too many for the short amount of time to do it in, I have work and life that get in the way. I gave up last night because I needed sleep and I was over 200 kills. Definitely needed another day for the challenge.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think the next one should be a 1000 kills with the HR.

    Then the one after that 1000 kills as a scout.

    Nah, make it re-supply 10000 players with ammo pouches, for the greater good.
  • Favorite_Handley
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    seriously dice. why couldn't we unlock this instead?

    https://www.facebook.com/weapons.world.official/videos/364457920636135/
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

    Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

    Cheers DICE.

    Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

    Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....

    Uh, the fact that getting bolt action rifle kills en mass involves joining an operations, rush, or frontlines match and camping in your sweet spot overlooking objectives? I got shotgun kills quick as hell and would still get 300 rifle kills easier. I wonder why rifles are significantly more used than shotguns. /s

    Like Ram said, could have done it blindfolded.

    No, you have missed the point.

    You claim the 300 shotgun kills in 3 days is 'legit' because it's more than just a dogtag or skin nobody cares about, it's a 'rare melee' weapon.
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    I think the difference in time constraints is because one is for a tag barely anyone will even use or notice in-game, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of one of the best melee weapons in the game.
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

    What did you get for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Apparently dice wanted a load of shotgun data so they could better balance them
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did it but it came at a price, now I can't get myself to log into the game, it cheesed me off so bad, I have the time, I'm well rested, fed and I want to play a game but it looks like it's back to XCOM2 WoTC till I can shake this.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I’m the same I did suffer some burn out!!
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

    Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

    Cheers DICE.

    Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

    Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....

    Uh, the fact that getting bolt action rifle kills en mass involves joining an operations, rush, or frontlines match and camping in your sweet spot overlooking objectives? I got shotgun kills quick as hell and would still get 300 rifle kills easier. I wonder why rifles are significantly more used than shotguns. /s

    Like Ram said, could have done it blindfolded.

    No, you have missed the point.

    You claim the 300 shotgun kills in 3 days is 'legit' because it's more than just a dogtag or skin nobody cares about, it's a 'rare melee' weapon.

    What did you get for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?


    No, I didn't miss the point, nor did I refer to it as a "rare" melee weapon. I said it's a reskin (and a dope reskin, BTW) of one of the best melee weapons in the game. It doesn't matter if you can stl unlock the hatchet - if that's your mindset then get over it and use the hatchet. I can go through BS to unlock the General Liu but I still think it's worse than the Mondragon, which I can unlock just by playing Medic.

    Bolt action rifles are objectively easier to get a specific amount of kills with than shotguns - unless you literally play a 24/7 Fort De Vaux server. They have a built in mechanic that, when played in a mode focused on singular objectives, makes amassing kills very easy - and on top of that they can engage effectively past 40m and are way more consistent than the vast majority of shotguns in the game.

    I claimed 300 shotgun kills in 3 days was legit because it's not that difficult. Just like sniping, there are parameters you could follow to easily get 300 kills in 3 days. I got over 100 shotgun kills in 3 matches of CQL, let alone an entire day - and I don't even touch shotguns, and that's probably the worst mode you could try to get shotgun kills in.

    Sure DICE could have made the time limit longer solely based on the fact select people may not be able to play weekends - but there's no point in making a challenge that rewards a weapon that's essentially less of a challenge, and more of a weapon unlocked simply by playing the game.

    I mean, really - 300 kills in a week? Could that even be considered challenging or a "mission" at all? Does DICE have to make that time extension for the handful of people that play two matches of BF1 per week or something?

    Like I said before - aside from the Springfield experimental, theres not a primary weapon in this game that should take someone more than 3 days to get 300 kills with if they were TRYING to get that melee weapon.

    If they're going to make a week long weapon kills challenge - make it like 750 kills or something - but 300?

    I'm just tired of the community wanting everything as easy as possible, and attempting to have the game morphed around their schedule and personal skill level. Like a challenge being extended because a dude had to work or socialize through the ENTIRE weekend including Friday - when weekends are statistically the most active time for this game...
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

    Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

    Cheers DICE.

    Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

    Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....

    Uh, the fact that getting bolt action rifle kills en mass involves joining an operations, rush, or frontlines match and camping in your sweet spot overlooking objectives? I got shotgun kills quick as hell and would still get 300 rifle kills easier. I wonder why rifles are significantly more used than shotguns. /s

    Like Ram said, could have done it blindfolded.

    No, you have missed the point.

    You claim the 300 shotgun kills in 3 days is 'legit' because it's more than just a dogtag or skin nobody cares about, it's a 'rare melee' weapon.

    What did you get for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?


    No, I didn't miss the point, nor did I refer to it as a "rare" melee weapon. I said it's a reskin (and a dope reskin, BTW) of one of the best melee weapons in the game. It doesn't matter if you can stl unlock the hatchet - if that's your mindset then get over it and use the hatchet. I can go through BS to unlock the General Liu but I still think it's worse than the Mondragon, which I can unlock just by playing Medic.

    Bolt action rifles are objectively easier to get a specific amount of kills with than shotguns - unless you literally play a 24/7 Fort De Vaux server. They have a built in mechanic that, when played in a mode focused on singular objectives, makes amassing kills very easy - and on top of that they can engage effectively past 40m and are way more consistent than the vast majority of shotguns in the game.

    I claimed 300 shotgun kills in 3 days was legit because it's not that difficult. Just like sniping, there are parameters you could follow to easily get 300 kills in 3 days. I got over 100 shotgun kills in 3 matches of CQL, let alone an entire day - and I don't even touch shotguns, and that's probably the worst mode you could try to get shotgun kills in.

    Sure DICE could have made the time limit longer solely based on the fact select people may not be able to play weekends - but there's no point in making a challenge that rewards a weapon that's essentially less of a challenge, and more of a weapon unlocked simply by playing the game.

    I mean, really - 300 kills in a week? Could that even be considered challenging or a "mission" at all? Does DICE have to make that time extension for the handful of people that play two matches of BF1 per week or something?

    Like I said before - aside from the Springfield experimental, theres not a primary weapon in this game that should take someone more than 3 days to get 300 kills with if they were TRYING to get that melee weapon.

    I'm just tired of the community wanting everything as easy as possible, and attempting to have the game morphed around their schedule and personal skill level. Like a challenge being extended because a dude had to work or socialize through the ENTIRE weekend including Friday - when weekends are statistically the most active time for this game...

    Yes, you missed the point......
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

    Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

    Cheers DICE.

    Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

    Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....

    Uh, the fact that getting bolt action rifle kills en mass involves joining an operations, rush, or frontlines match and camping in your sweet spot overlooking objectives? I got shotgun kills quick as hell and would still get 300 rifle kills easier. I wonder why rifles are significantly more used than shotguns. /s

    Like Ram said, could have done it blindfolded.

    No, you have missed the point.

    You claim the 300 shotgun kills in 3 days is 'legit' because it's more than just a dogtag or skin nobody cares about, it's a 'rare melee' weapon.

    What did you get for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?


    No, I didn't miss the point, nor did I refer to it as a "rare" melee weapon. I said it's a reskin (and a dope reskin, BTW) of one of the best melee weapons in the game. It doesn't matter if you can stl unlock the hatchet - if that's your mindset then get over it and use the hatchet. I can go through BS to unlock the General Liu but I still think it's worse than the Mondragon, which I can unlock just by playing Medic.

    Bolt action rifles are objectively easier to get a specific amount of kills with than shotguns - unless you literally play a 24/7 Fort De Vaux server. They have a built in mechanic that, when played in a mode focused on singular objectives, makes amassing kills very easy - and on top of that they can engage effectively past 40m and are way more consistent than the vast majority of shotguns in the game.

    I claimed 300 shotgun kills in 3 days was legit because it's not that difficult. Just like sniping, there are parameters you could follow to easily get 300 kills in 3 days. I got over 100 shotgun kills in 3 matches of CQL, let alone an entire day - and I don't even touch shotguns, and that's probably the worst mode you could try to get shotgun kills in.

    Sure DICE could have made the time limit longer solely based on the fact select people may not be able to play weekends - but there's no point in making a challenge that rewards a weapon that's essentially less of a challenge, and more of a weapon unlocked simply by playing the game.

    I mean, really - 300 kills in a week? Could that even be considered challenging or a "mission" at all? Does DICE have to make that time extension for the handful of people that play two matches of BF1 per week or something?

    Like I said before - aside from the Springfield experimental, theres not a primary weapon in this game that should take someone more than 3 days to get 300 kills with if they were TRYING to get that melee weapon.

    I'm just tired of the community wanting everything as easy as possible, and attempting to have the game morphed around their schedule and personal skill level. Like a challenge being extended because a dude had to work or socialize through the ENTIRE weekend including Friday - when weekends are statistically the most active time for this game...

    Yes, you missed the point......

    Fantastic retort consisting of a response and time to comment that indicates you probably didn't read it at all.

    I mean, really - are you under the impression that my first post in this thread didn't specifically mention that extending the challenge a bit because people in the community had prior obligations? Because I already said that.

    That doesn't change the fact that 300 kills in 3 days is easy mode and 3 days is a good amount of time for that challenge. The main "issue" with the challenge is that the specific 3 days we had to complete it didnt line up with specific peoples schedules - not that 3 days was too little an amount of time.
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

    Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

    Cheers DICE.

    Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

    Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....

    Uh, the fact that getting bolt action rifle kills en mass involves joining an operations, rush, or frontlines match and camping in your sweet spot overlooking objectives? I got shotgun kills quick as hell and would still get 300 rifle kills easier. I wonder why rifles are significantly more used than shotguns. /s

    Like Ram said, could have done it blindfolded.

    No, you have missed the point.

    You claim the 300 shotgun kills in 3 days is 'legit' because it's more than just a dogtag or skin nobody cares about, it's a 'rare melee' weapon.

    What did you get for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?


    No, I didn't miss the point, nor did I refer to it as a "rare" melee weapon. I said it's a reskin (and a dope reskin, BTW) of one of the best melee weapons in the game. It doesn't matter if you can stl unlock the hatchet - if that's your mindset then get over it and use the hatchet. I can go through BS to unlock the General Liu but I still think it's worse than the Mondragon, which I can unlock just by playing Medic.

    Bolt action rifles are objectively easier to get a specific amount of kills with than shotguns - unless you literally play a 24/7 Fort De Vaux server. They have a built in mechanic that, when played in a mode focused on singular objectives, makes amassing kills very easy - and on top of that they can engage effectively past 40m and are way more consistent than the vast majority of shotguns in the game.

    I claimed 300 shotgun kills in 3 days was legit because it's not that difficult. Just like sniping, there are parameters you could follow to easily get 300 kills in 3 days. I got over 100 shotgun kills in 3 matches of CQL, let alone an entire day - and I don't even touch shotguns, and that's probably the worst mode you could try to get shotgun kills in.

    Sure DICE could have made the time limit longer solely based on the fact select people may not be able to play weekends - but there's no point in making a challenge that rewards a weapon that's essentially less of a challenge, and more of a weapon unlocked simply by playing the game.

    I mean, really - 300 kills in a week? Could that even be considered challenging or a "mission" at all? Does DICE have to make that time extension for the handful of people that play two matches of BF1 per week or something?

    Like I said before - aside from the Springfield experimental, theres not a primary weapon in this game that should take someone more than 3 days to get 300 kills with if they were TRYING to get that melee weapon.

    I'm just tired of the community wanting everything as easy as possible, and attempting to have the game morphed around their schedule and personal skill level. Like a challenge being extended because a dude had to work or socialize through the ENTIRE weekend including Friday - when weekends are statistically the most active time for this game...

    Yes, you missed the point......

    Fantastic retort consisting of a response and time to comment that indicates you probably didn't read it at all.

    I mean, really - are you under the impression that my first post in this thread didn't specifically mention that extending the challenge a bit because people in the community had prior obligations? Because I already said that.

    That doesn't change the fact that 300 kills in 3 days is easy mode and 3 days is a good amount of time for that challenge. The main "issue" with the challenge is that the specific 3 days we had to complete it didnt line up with specific peoples schedules - not that 3 days was too little an amount of time.

    I read it.

    1 paragraph arguing semantics about who called the new melee weapon what.

    1 paragraph saying that 300 bolt action rifles are easy as well but failing to answer what the 'prize' was.

    The rest saying that it is easy and anyone can do it, a week is too long it's easy again, 'some people', schedules and it is easy........ Again.

    On at least 2 occasions (see post above for quotes) you bet that the reason for the time difference between the Squad order dogtag mission and the shotgun melee weapon is the desirability of the prizes.

    What was the prize for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?

    Getting shotgun kills is not hard, getting 300 in 3 days is not hard, getting 300 shotgun kills in 3 days over a weekend where numerous commitments prevent a lot of people play is hard for them IF they can't get on!
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

    On at least 2 occasions (see post above for quotes) you bet that the reason for the time difference between the Squad order dogtag mission and the shotgun melee weapon is the desirability of the prizes.

    What was the prize for 300 bolt action kills in 3 days?

    Getting shotgun kills is not hard, getting 300 in 3 days is not hard, getting 300 shotgun kills in 3 days over a weekend where numerous commitments prevent a lot of people play is hard for them IF they can't get on!

    To be fair, the FNBF tag you got for that assignment was blatantly more "special" than the multiple zodiac dogtags that all had ridiculously easy requirements. Like 23 squad orders followed.

    People all over Reddit were praising the fact they actually introduced a community mission that presented any semblance of a "challenge".

    So even in that instance the desirability of the dogtag for 300 sniper kills was higher than that of the umpteenth zodiac tag that you could get just through playing the game. And it's challenge could be completed in a few matches of hardcore CQL.

    The fact that some people have obligations or plans over the weekend has no bearing on how difficult the challenge is. If the challenge had taken place Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - those people wouldn't be complaining.

    I already agreed that the challenge could be extended because some people had weekend obligations - but that doesn't change the fact that extending the time limit would depreciate the "challenge" aspect of it, and weekends are objectively the most populated time for this game and the obvious choice for a timed challenge or event in pretty much any fps game. We don't usually see "Double XP Weeks" in games.
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So now a dogtag is special and people will notice it?

    It was still just a dogtag and not a usable weapon.

    Personally, 3 week nights would have been better as I can guarantee time in the evenings, time that I and many others, can't guarantee over the weekend.

    This is not about difficulty (I don't know where you got that from), it is about as many people as possible having a sufficient window of opportunity to attempt it.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So now a dogtag is special and people will notice it?

    It was still just a dogtag and not a usable weapon.

    Personally, 3 week nights would have been better as I can guarantee time in the evenings, time that I and many others, can't guarantee over the weekend.

    This is not about difficulty (I don't know where you got that from), it is about as many people as possible having a sufficient window of opportunity to attempt it.

    The FNBF Dogtag is pretty different compared to any other tag in the game, on top of being connected to a popular BF event.

    My point about difficulty is that I barely play this game, didn't even play at all Friday or half of Saturday or Sunday, and I still completed the assignment in a few hours, on a game mode that would make getting shotgun kills more of a nuisance than necessary.

    This was not a challenge that required you to play 5 hours a day over all 3 days to complete.

    If you or others were REALLY interested in getting get his specific reward, whether you're a completion is or think it's a cool melee weapon, you couldn't even squeeze in 1-2 hours a day, at all, anywhere? So someone works on the weekends - that means there's absolutely zero spare time to pop in a few matches? Hell, playing a few games is basically how I unwind after work.

    A few hours over the course of 3 days was sufficient enough time to complete the challenge - and there's still no denying if devs are having a 3 day timed challenge, the weekend is still the obvious choice most would go for (and do go for).

    If they're giving sufficient time for everyone to complete the challenge, they may as well make it permanent.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't even attempt this. I was using the shotgun a lot the previous week before this challenge. Had no interest at all in even trying.
Sign In or Register to comment.