300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    @crabman169 Just because it is just a video game does not mean one cannot think the time limit is silly. Actually, it makes it even more silly. I'm just trying to see things from a perspective that is perhaps different than people on this forum has (I imagine most here are, like me, more or less addicted to the game, whether they admit it or not :) ).

@Loqtrall I tried to do it blindfolded but I failed to see what the objective was, or even that there was one, so I missed it ;).

I though the time limit for the FNBDT was stupid. I was flat out with harvest work. But that's not Dice's fault.

I completely understand that some people couldn't make the requirements and the time limit restricted the event to just the weekend. But again that's not Dice's fault; that's life.

Should KFC extend their zinger tacos because I didn't get one during the promotion period?

Should a shop stay open outside business hours just for me after I arrived hours after it shut?

Being a video game doesn't make the time silly; just reinforces how much of a non issue it is. Life will carry on if you couldn't get 300 shotgun kills over the weekend.

It's highly likely Dice will run the challenge again.

I mean the entire holiday event is missed out by some as they've gone away for Christmas etc. again not Dice's fault.

This was a challenge. Didn't complete it? Tough love.
    Was away during the event? Not much you can do.

Coupe is just a reskin just like the puzzle weapons. It's just aesthetic

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For those that are complaining, the good news for you is that they will probably give it away for free in a month to minimize the grind of people that worked for it over the weekend.
  • Trokey66
    8169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The forums stole my post.......

Can't be bothered to re type.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For those that are complaining, the good news for you is that they will probably give it away for free in a month to minimize the grind of people that worked for it over the weekend.

Which tbh is rather typical of Dice

*cough phantom bow cough*
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    @crabman169 Just because it is just a video game does not mean one cannot think the time limit is silly. Actually, it makes it even more silly. I'm just trying to see things from a perspective that is perhaps different than people on this forum has (I imagine most here are, like me, more or less addicted to the game, whether they admit it or not :) ).

@Loqtrall I tried to do it blindfolded but I failed to see what the objective was, or even that there was one, so I missed it ;).

I though the time limit for the FNBDT was stupid. I was flat out with harvest work. But that's not Dice's fault.

I completely understand that some people couldn't make the requirements and the time limit restricted the event to just the weekend. But again that's not Dice's fault; that's life.

Should KFC extend their zinger tacos because I didn't get one during the promotion period?

Should a shop stay open outside business hours just for me after I arrived hours after it shut?

Being a video game doesn't make the time silly; just reinforces how much of a non issue it is. Life will carry on if you couldn't get 300 shotgun kills over the weekend.

I mean the entire holiday event is missed out by some as they've gone away for Christmas etc. again not Dice's fault.

Whoa zinger tacos what is that weird concoction?

*cough revolution edition cough*
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @kampkaos_420_ Not everyone have 5 hours to spend on a game a given weekend. Playing games is lowest on the priority list for any family father/mother and some even work over weekends. Also people that do not have much time to play will likely need a little bit more time to do it also.

If this is the case why even worry about it? I have a hunch that most the cry threads out there are from people that don't actually put much time in the game but yet want all the bells and whistles that others actually work hard for.

I understand some have to entertain family more than others. Good for you, but that doesn't mean everything should be presented to you on a silver platter when you do decide to get online.

Yes I did mine in about five hrs. It doesn't mean you have to sit 5 hours straight to get it. You could spread that 5 hours out over the 3-day period you had to achieve the mission.

• kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Whats the problem?

''People pay and want to play like they want to play.''

So keep up the good work noobs. Just spam these servers with your great shotguns. PTFO is not important. KD is important in Battlefield 1. Thank you DICE!

Can you not ptfo with a shotgun
    Is it... is it over? Can we poke our heads out without getting blasted by shotguns?

To be fair, it was pretty funny seeing all those shotgunners running across open fields in big game modes trying to close the gap on targets.

It was a laugh. Maybe that's why it gave some people trouble. Lol big maps to achieve shotgun kills lol. Small modes mad it a breeze.. :wink:
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want to know what zinger tacos are too, sounds like something special in Australia. I never knew KFC served tacos in other countries, sounds interesting.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    @kampkaos_420_ last I knew you could ptfo with a shotgun.... Other wise i have no idea what I was doing running to flags and cspturing and defending lol

Maybe he thinks all shotgun users camp in corners and blast everyone cod style
  • trip1ex
    4649 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    back in the day people actually picked classes (and even guns) based on what the enemy is doing on the battlefield and what the team needed. Now people pick stuff based on what homework assignments they have yet to finish.
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »

Whoa zinger tacos what is that weird concoction?

*cough revolution edition cough*

I too am wondering just what exactly is a zinger taco? Is that unique to Australia?
  • BoWinston
    952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

Looks good, fried chicken strips in a hard shell surrounded by a soft shell with tomatoes, lettuce and onions. Not bad at all.
  • rock1obsta
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • MayorMarionBarry
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @kampkaos_420_ It:
    "I understand some have to entertain family more than others. Good for you, but that doesn't mean everything should be presented to you on a silver platter when you do decide to get online."

First, this is not about me. I did it, and actually enjoyed it. I was anyway doing another round of service stars on the assault weapons so I just passed the SMGs and did the shotguns first.

It is not about being presented on a silver platter. It's the calendar time issue. If the assignment was meant to be challenging in any way, the time limit should be game-time. Say, 10 (or 5 or 1) hours in-game during a specific week. This is more fair to all. The current setup is not about having any kind of skill (after all it's a shotgun mission...), it is just about putting in enough hours (depending on skill and what you chose to play) during the 'opening hours' and I suppose this is what EA wants - keep the servers populated over the weekend.

I don't understand why people who did it are so begrudging against those who missed it (but actually would have done it if they had the time and noticed it was ongoing). But as someone already wrote, everyone will probably get it for free later on. I suppose all those who had to 'work hard' (lol) to get it will be crying at that time...
  • KingRofty
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, the reason why I completed this challenge is because the Coupe Coupe looks way better than some run-of-the-mill Hatchet. A superficial reason, yes, but a reason nonetheless.

Shame on you! The Hatchet looks and performs great, nothing cheapskate about it. :wink:

The next challenge should be 20 Hatchet kills for a white ski mask. Then Shotgun Forest will become the Haunted Forest. :smiley:
  • kampkaos_420_
    @kampkaos_420_ It:
    "I understand some have to entertain family more than others. Good for you, but that doesn't mean everything should be presented to you on a silver platter when you do decide to get online."

First, this is not about me. I did it, and actually enjoyed it. I was anyway doing another round of service stars on the assault weapons so I just passed the SMGs and did the shotguns first.

It is not about being presented on a silver platter. It's the calendar time issue. If the assignment was meant to be challenging in any way, the time limit should be game-time. Say, 10 (or 5 or 1) hours in-game during a specific week. This is more fair to all. The current setup is not about having any kind of skill (after all it's a shotgun mission...), it is just about putting in enough hours (depending on skill and what you chose to play) during the 'opening hours' and I suppose this is what EA wants - keep the servers populated over the weekend.

I don't understand why people who did it are so begrudging against those who missed it (but actually would have done it if they had the time and noticed it was ongoing). But as someone already wrote, everyone will probably get it for free later on. I suppose all those who had to 'work hard' (lol) to get it will be crying at that time...

They more than likely will repost the mission at a later date also just like the zodiac ones.

I feel for those who just missed the mission. I myself have let a couple slip by ( some I missed and some just didn't care to do) but I have never thrown a fit over mission parameters. They are what they are. Some more idiotic than others.

Just remember bf4 had some dumb ones also. What was it? The utica challenge, get 20 kills with a pistol while swimming. There was a couple off the wall ones.