300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• Febelas
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know about firing them, but they should probably walk the challenge back a bit. Maybe reduce the required kills to 100 or increase the challenge length to a week.

Currently, games are full of one-shotting 10A users. If I wasn't doing it too, I would probably be annoyed.
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    Naklofen wrote: »
    Ram1c wrote: »
    I guess you're an authority on shotgun physics and game balance to decide that right?

Is DICE payin u to be an ignorant fool ?

What exactly about my comment is ignorant?

If you look at actual shotgun physics, in real life, buckshot is quite effective up to 50 yards, that's about 45.72 meters. After that distance it most likely won't kill you, but you won't be up walking around either. People are just ignorant at realizing that slugs are essentially a big rifle round that can kill at a larger distance than spread. In bf1, slugs can only kill in one hit up to 48m and it had to be a headshot. So again, explain to me who the ignorant fool is?
  • abc1434286920
    330 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If I am able to get 25+ kills in one TDM (a mode I never play) game with the 1900slug (a gun i only unlocked today) then it's really not that bad and will require approximately 12 games...each game of TDM is what 10-15mins?
  • trip1ex
    3533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    oh so this is why ft vaux had even more shotguns than usual.
  • Khronikos
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    So after giving this a bash(I hate shotguns!) I have come to 3 major conclusions......

1. They are terribly inconsistent. One minute you can OHK at reasonable range the next, a whole mag won't kill (using M97 as still need that elite codex, 2 birds 1 stone and all that).

2. There is no reason NOT to use a 10-A as it pretty much out classes most other shotguns.

3. This is going to hurt.....

This is not true at all. The M97 Hunter is just as good or better than the 10-A in certain ways. There is inconsistency with all of them, and 10-A hunter has a lot of inconsistency now at all distances for me.

I exclusively use the M97 Hunter or double barrel for my shotgun needs. But I agree sometime I am like what the heck happened there I hit him square with 2/3 of those bullets. The damage drop off sometimes is crazy.

It is for me though.....

This afternoon, I struggled with M97 inconsistency so switched to the 10-A and alot of that went. Back with the M97 and a lot was back.

It happens with both of them. The range is wonky as hell, and absolute shots seems affected by lag more than any other gun out there.
  • Khronikos
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DankDope99 wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad. I hate shotguns and it took me a day.

It took you a day of playing, and this is alright because everyone has an entire day to play BF1 exclusively. Jesus. As if anyone wants to play this game exclusively besides tryhards and no lifers.

300 kills is too many for sane people for a stupid machete. I will probably get it, but it's not something I enjoy doing in such a small timeframe.
  • GiovannY-398
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    Unlocked the Coupe-Coupe.

I really feel dirty now. I promise that i won't touch a shotgun for a while.
  • DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    DankDope99 wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad. I hate shotguns and it took me a day.

It took you a day of playing, and this is alright because everyone has an entire day to play BF1 exclusively. Jesus. As if anyone wants to play this game exclusively besides tryhards and no lifers.

300 kills is too many for sane people for a stupid machete. I will probably get it, but it's not something I enjoy doing in such a small timeframe.

I have a kid and a job, still managed to get it done? You can complain all you want but imo it was semi reasonable for anyone good at the game
  • von_Campenstein
    5708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    Over the weekend too, weekend play is utter garbage on this end, hitreg is out the window and with shotguns too, trolling deluxe.

Gotten 7 shotgun kills in over the last hour and 10 minutes of waiting for games to load and then hitting air. Actual gametime from the 1 hour 10 minutes, 18 minutes, the rest stuck in queues...
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
  • ashar_saleem121
    1027 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Managed 183/300 today. I usually use the 1900 factory/slug when I use shotguns which are my least used weapon type. The 1900 just has a fun playstyle similar to the 5 round SLRs where you are a powerful 1v1 but then you have to hide to reload.

Today I decided to try out the 10a Hunter. My goodness. How is this gun even allowed to exist? And this is AFTER the nerf to OHK distance? This gun is a beast in close quarters. You feel borderline invincible running around tearing up anyone who decides to get in front of you. It is also really consistent I found. More so than the 1900. This is close to the Hellreigel in ease of use I feel. I love it. And unlike the Hellreigel, I dont think anyone will disagree that this is far and away the best shotgun in the game
  • von_Campenstein
    5708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    Managed 183/300 today. I usually use the 1900 factory/slug when I use shotguns which are my least used weapon type. The 1900 just has a fun playstyle similar to the 5 round SLRs where you are a powerful 1v1 but then you have to hide to reload.

Today I decided to try out the 10a Hunter. My goodness. How is this gun even allowed to exist? And this is AFTER the nerf to OHK distance? This gun is a beast in close quarters. You feel borderline invincible running around tearing up anyone who decides to get in front of you. It is also really consistent I found. More so than the 1900. This is close to the Hellreigel in ease of use I feel. I love it. And unlike the Hellreigel, I dont think anyone will disagree that this is far and away the best shotgun in the game

The 1900 factory is better in that it does roughly the same damage and you can take the follow up shot a lot faster.
  • Evil_Betox
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    I tried but it's just not my cup of tea, i feel like i'll get burned out on the game if i try to force myself to complete it. Not much a fan of shotguns and with my limited playtime even on weekends i would need to skip sleep to complete it.

Is this melee weapon not obtainable with another method? I kinda wanted it but if this is the only way to obtain it i might just skip it altogether.

• Febelas
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yeah, the 10A hunter is downright ridiculous. The only way you can die in cqc is if the other player also has a 10A and started shooting first.

That's a large part of why this challenge is so hilariously ridiculous. Games are full of assaults who can't do any damage at range but instantly destroy you in cqc.
  • CS-2107
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I still need 6 kills. Doing those tomorrow and than I can say, I have done this with the 1900 Slug. A very fun and unique weapon I discovered. I normally don't like shotguns, but the slug is really fun.
  • someguy12121
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This challenge just shows how the Model 10-A still is completely OP compared to all other shotguns & highlights how the other variants are miles behind in effectiveness. The M97 Sweeper is the worst, with a shot from less than 2 meters only dealing 57 damage, WTF is that, and the other variants have such random pellet spread that it mostly misses even ADS. The 1900 is good but since it only has 2 shots the 10-A IMO is still better. The 12g is okay but again is vastly inferior to the 10-A.

WHO DA FK thought this was okay?!?!

What is the next challenge: 300 kills with the hellriegel? cause that gun on console is OP as all hell.
  • gsenjou1193
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, I needed my daily dose of sodium, lol. Glad to see the shottie salt train is still going strong.
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    Just played a few hours today, not even 5, and I got 245 kills using the 10-A Hunter on Conquest. I'll have the challenge done tomorrow after 2-3 matches. This is the first time I've extensively used a shotgun other than maybe getting 1-2 kills after unlocking one I thought looked neat.

If people are having trouble doing this challenge even when playing on small modes - I've lost all faith in this playerbase.
  • von_Campenstein
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Just played a few hours today, not even 5, and I got 245 kills using the 10-A Hunter on Conquest. I'll have the challenge done tomorrow after 2-3 matches. This is the first time I've extensively used a shotgun other than maybe getting 1-2 kills after unlocking one I thought looked neat.

If people are having trouble doing this challenge even when playing on small modes - I've lost all faith in this playerbase.

Too many high pingers around, putting 5 rounds into them and they turn around and acknowledge me shooting them with the OHK.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It’s just easy mode, it really is ridiculous I just got 77 kills and 11 deaths in a 19 minute domination games using model-10 hunter, it is an absolute joke how easy they are to use. The issue isn’t getting the 300 kills for me it’s the fact that 99% of the bf1 population are running around with them.
  • USAFguy22
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don’t mind 300 kills, I just wish we had more time to complete it.