300 shotgun kills... worst idea ever

Comments

• Twitchy68
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Here's what you do if everyone is using shotguns.

Grab literally any other gun in the game, all of which can kill people past 20m, and profit.
    No way, man. You come to forumfield and post a crythread.

Not sure what you are saying, but think I agree with you :)
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

So I ask you, how does a reskin of the hatchet justify requiring 300 kills with a certain type of weapon? Getting 70,000 points as a scout is much easier.

Let me ask you a different question. How did you justify to yourself (and your loved ones) that yoO would grind out the hours required to gain a crappy re-skinned hatchet.

No one was forced to do it. I think the salt in here is sad. WAH WAH WAH, "I need a new weapon that adds NOTHING new to the game........"

I played a lot this weekend. Didn't even fire a shotgun. I valued my time enjoying playing over collecting a crappy skin, for that is all it is.

I didn't need to justify it to my loved ones, the only thing the game interfered with was my sleep.

Because it needs to be done, as far as I'm concerned. I don't do it because I enjoy it, I specifically spent those 6 hours last night not sleeping just so I could be satisfied in its completion. What I enjoy is not having that nagging feeling of failure at the pit of my stomach, when I could have easily done something but didn't just because I didn't like it. So, I did it. I would be just as satisfied if it was never there in the first place - I'm not one of those people who "cry", in your words, about a lack of content. There are other things I can do with my life, I'd like to just be able to have fun with this game without having these "optional" things nagging at the back of my mind.

I'm really not seeing how this is crying. I explained what I don't like, I explained why I don't like it, and I even offered alternatives. More so, I said nothing about it until after I'd completed the assignment. Am I not entitled to disagree with the way community assignments are handled? Can you explain to me how that's crying? At what point does a disagreement become crying, and how can someone offer constructive criticism without it being considered crying? Finally, if any sort of complaining is considered crying, is complaining about the amount of crying also a form of crying?
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Completionists will also be willing to do all of this, so long as get closer to having all melee weapons.

Trust me, I know from personal experience.
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So stayed up late to get the last 40.

They didn't count!

GRRRRRRRRRR :#
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

Cheers DICE.

Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....
  • Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    life and Strictly Come Dancing prevents me from playing much more today so doubt I'll get it.

Best part of a week for 20 completed Squad orders, 3 days for 300 shotgun kills?

Cheers DICE.

Again, I'd wager the difference in time constraints between the two challenges hinges on the fact that one is for a tag barely anyone will use, and the other is a melee weapon that's essentially a reskin of arguably one of the best melee weapons in the game.

Explain having to get 300 bolt action kills in the same time period for a dog tag then.....

I could do it with a blindfold on.
  • RossP317
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was a real grind for a non Assault player like myself but that first Coupe Coupe kill on a prone sniper felt extra delicious...
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Completionists will also be willing to do all of this, so long as get closer to having all melee weapons.

Trust me, I know from personal experience.

Yepp! completionists just have to do these. I missed the 300 bolt one though, was over before I even say it, damn!

In general I think it is kind of a fun idea to make 'everyone' use the same gun at the same time. It makes the game more equal in a sense. Still many enough did not care or know about it so there were some mix of players anyway. I'm waiting for the 300 kills with some of the harder medic rifles with a really silly and pointless reward, that will separate the wheat from the chaff.

I agree, as many have already said, that the time for these are too short. Personally I had the time to do it but not many can spend as much time as I do playing a game like this. Sure, you can minimize time by playing TDM or other small game modes but it will still take most average players a few hours I guess and this is during a weekend often busy with family activities etc.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    In general I think it is kind of a fun idea to make 'everyone' use the same gun at the same time..

I recognize you used quotes here, but my experience for the weekend was that maybe ten percent of players in Operations matches were running shotguns. So I don't think a large portion of the player base bought into this mission, or did it mainly in smaller modes. Either way, my experience did not differ in a significant way from any other day; when in trenches/corridors, you risk running into shotguns.
    I had fun doing it, but still a few stars short of ten for the M1900 Slug, so I'm gonna keep at it.

• Pesuto
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    It might have been said before (I didn't read through whole thread) but I feel like both amount of kills needed and time window mission is available causes quite pit issues for some players (yes I'm talking with personal experience). 300 shotgun kills is quite amount, especially if you dont like playing with shotguns or assault in general that much.
    Personally I have no problem with either of those but I can see there might some players who enjoy certain class roles dont like being forced to play something.
    For me the problem is that I spent weekend away from home so whole mission is all of the sudden impossibe for me as I dared to have life outside the game.
    Maybe you (Dice or whoever is responssible for mission requirements) could have given us larger time window so that each holiday mission would be available for
    week until replaced by next one so players have more chance to play when they can. You could even consider lowering kills required while you are at it.
    These grindy missions that only take time to complete dont really offer enjoyable experience or make you "feel sense of pride and accomplishment" if and
    when you manage to get them done. In the end only requirement is to keep playing at the cost of social life or time spent doing something else.
    P.S: Why dont these forums allow paragraphing?
  • ElliotLH
    7819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well that was stressful but I somehow managed to get the other 160 kills juuuuuuuuust before the mission ended. Had two minutes to go so it was extremely close. Going forwards DICE, as others have said before me, should maybe consider either giving slightly more time to complete the mission or require a lower kill count.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Twitchy68 wrote: »
    DICE/EA has given in to the 12 year olds that just want to run around with shotguns (or fly planes to just bomb objectives).

There's nothing wrong with running around with shotguns for flying planes blowing stuff up.

As irritating as some people's playing Styles or weapon of choice might be, it's still just a game and some people just want to have fun.

• kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Well that was stressful but I somehow managed to get the other 160 kills juuuuuuuuust before the mission ended. Had two minutes to go so it was extremely close. Going forwards DICE, as others have said before me, should maybe consider either giving slightly more time to complete the mission or require a lower kill count.

There was nothing wrong with the amount of kills or the time they gave to do it in. I did it in 5 hours of gameplay on day 2 and there was already people running around with the knife by then.

The key is to not try to do it on big game modes like Conquest but yet do it on smaller modes like War pigeons domination where you run into more guys quick.

• -Bl1tzTurk-
    399 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Whats the problem?

''People pay and want to play like they want to play.''

So keep up the good work noobs. Just spam these servers with your great shotguns. PTFO is not important. KD is important in Battlefield 1. Thank you DICE!
  • olavafar
    1935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @kampkaos_420_ Not everyone have 5 hours to spend on a game a given weekend. Playing games is lowest on the priority list for any family father/mother and some even work over weekends. Also people that do not have much time to play will likely need a little bit more time to do it also.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whats the problem?

So keep up the good work noobs. Just spam these servers with your great shotguns. PTFO is not important. KD is important in Battlefield 1. Thank you DICE!
    giphy.gif
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whats the problem?

Better tighten that behind.

300 LMG kills next
    olavafar wrote: »
    @kampkaos_420_ Not everyone have 5 hours to spend on a game a given weekend. Playing games is lowest on the priority list for any family father/mother and some even work over weekends. Also people that do not have much time to play will likely need a little bit more time to do it also.

End of the day it's a video game and the coupe is just a reskin of the bachelor

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017

Cheers DICE.

Uh, the fact that getting bolt action rifle kills en mass involves joining an operations, rush, or frontlines match and camping in your sweet spot overlooking objectives? I got shotgun kills quick as hell and would still get 300 rifle kills easier. I wonder why rifles are significantly more used than shotguns. /s

Like Ram said, could have done it blindfolded.
  • olavafar
    @crabman169 Just because it is just a video game does not mean one cannot think the time limit is silly. Actually, it makes it even more silly. I'm just trying to see things from a perspective that is perhaps different than people on this forum has (I imagine most here are, like me, more or less addicted to the game, whether they admit it or not :) ).

@Loqtrall I tried to do it blindfolded but I failed to see what the objective was, or even that there was one, so I missed it ;).
  • robmcewen
    2970 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So stayed up late to get the last 40.

They didn't count!

GRRRRRRRRRR :#

Ouch, I'll dedicate my first kill with it to all who didn't get the time to dedicate the challenge, it was a flame trooper.