This Week in Battlefield V

EA NHL17 Beta Impressions

Lordmang4
2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
Thanks to the generosity of @Toxic_CA (who kindly gave out 2 free beta codes to EA's NHL17 Beta yesterday), I had a chance to try out this game.
-
It's fun to play! Granted the last time I played a hockey video game was on the Super Nintendo console (15 yrs ago I think???) so I don't have any more recent experiences to compare with. But with that said, this game looks and sounds great and is a lot of fun to play.
-
I imagine the game will be even more fun once I become better acquainted with the rules of hockey (what is icing and why do I get called for it??).

Comments

• wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hmmph, I've lost all faith in ea nhl games, new one every year and it's all the same
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    It isn't so bad if you buy the sports game in question every couple years or so.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Icing has something to do with too many of your guys on one side of the ice, while the puck crosses over a line, or touching the puck by your opponent's goal when the opposite team is on your side of the ice.
    I think, but Im not positive. I only learned from NHL 16 a few months ago.
  • Lordmang4
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    Icing has something to do with too many of your guys on one side of the ice, while the puck crosses over a line, or touching the puck by your opponent's goal when the opposite team is on your side of the ice.

That sounds like a fast-break in basketball, which is a perfectly legal maneuver (but apparently illegal in hockey).
  • wsupchris1222444
    905 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

icing is when you send the puck across 2 or more red lines and the opposing team touches it before you, it's basically you dumping it into their zone from yours and they touch first, this rule is disabled only if your on the penalty kill. anything else you want to know? I play hockey so I know the rules
  • Youratv
    805 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    I actually play nhl 16 as defensemen and goalie. In 16 they were both broken. First the puck might as well be green and say spalding it bounces everywhere it shouldn't. 5 players can make contact with 1 player and he can still manage to maintain possesion because he shifted his balance and he's apparently made of rubber. You can glitch goal the goal by holding back your stick and doing a toe drag so he drops to his pads automatically leaving the upper corner open. Its doesn't matter what build you pick the goalie will drop to his pads on most shots without hitting a button and then the other team will get a goal because he remained standing because you assume hes going to drop. When you move the stick to extend your arm back to your pads you go. Then there's the one timer pass that magically transports through 3 players skates and sticks. Then theres the shot rebound that always lands directly back on the same players stick no matter where he shoots from. You can now tie up in front of the net so at least there's a little hope for defense because in 16 it was a penalty which doesn't make sense because its a legal maneuver. Icing is when you dump the puck behind the other teams net before you've reached half ice and they retrieve it first. The play is dead and they get the next faceoff in your zone closest to your goalie on which ever side the puck was dumped. Fix your busted game ea, stop trying to make a new one each year that doesn't address the problems the last one had.
  • rock1obsta
    3803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

icing is when you send the puck across 2 or more red lines and the opposing team touches it before you, it's basically you dumping it into their zone from yours and they touch first, this rule is disabled only if your on the penalty kill. anything else you want to know? I play hockey so I know the rules

Thanks, man. I was hoping someone would clear it up since I never knew specifically why it was called.