Almost all servers are Siege and Golmud?

Jluvtx
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Why do people continue to make more and more Siege and Golmud 24/7 servers? There is already like 40 of them, why would you go and make another? I'm talking about conquest. Yes the other game modes are using other maps but they are only TDM, SDM, Rush etc. But there is seriously way too many of these 24/7 Golmud and Siege maps. You have 3 choices with conquest, Siege, Golmud, and the very few (5 or so) Locker servers, as well as the even fewer servers who actually play other maps, but they are usually bad connection to American regions, probably in Canada.
I can't be the only one irritated and annoyed by this

Comments

• DIRTYGreeny
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    You could setup your own server and run other maps but your chance of success would be low imo, most servers cater to the audiences demand, as in Golmud, Locker and Siege are the most popular maps and the maps that make their servers popular and populated. Lets take the gamemode Defuse as an example. There usually is only 1 server going at any one time in the world and that's not all the time either. Its because the mode isn't popular and only played by a handful. You can bet that if you set up a server running defuse it will more than likely be empty for most of the time. Then you would ask yourself "is it worth paying for a server that's empty all the time?". Its a factual example but it gets the point across I think.
  • tempo_rarity
    408 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I don't know if it would work but . . . it seems to me a Server running a well-populated 24/7 popular map could perhaps go one better :
    Switch to a well-advertised unique Game Mode once a day for an hour or so (or for a few rounds) , particularly , any Game Mode where weapons unlocks are available .
    I imagine everyone would stick around throughout the temporary Mode change , since you'd get a bunch of hungry Players wanting the available Unlocks , and you'd also have a bunch of Players saying (in their own way) 'There's enough MPX's and UCAV's in the world'.
    . . sounds like war :tongue:
  • DIRTYGreeny
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited December 7
    I don't know if it would work but . . . it seems to me a Server running a well-populated 24/7 popular map could perhaps go one better :
    Switch to a well-advertised unique Game Mode once a day for an hour or so (or for a few rounds) , particularly , any Game Mode where weapons unlocks are available .
    I imagine everyone would stick around throughout the temporary Mode change , since you'd get a bunch of hungry Players wanting the available Unlocks , and you'd also have a bunch of Players saying (in their own way) 'There's enough MPX's and UCAV's in the world'.
    . . sounds like war :tongue:

I think it can work, the only risk is that the mode change could be unpopular and kill the server and too many leave at once killing the momentum or if left for too long it could slowly die for the day. Owning a server, you enter a very finicky world and most failures take time and patience to turn around. Its a case of, is it worth the risk?
  • SourSteven_69
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 7
    There was a Reddit post on this in the Battlefield 4 Subreddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/7i1auh/so_how_far_away_is_japan_exactly/

EDIT: whups wrong post that i commented on
  • GoofyMC123
    991 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Having picked up BF4 quite recently it's pretty disappointing that there's a really limited choice of maps available to play on conquest.
  • SourSteven_69
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    Having picked up BF4 quite recently it's pretty disappointing that there's a really limited choice of maps available to play on conquest.
    There are ten non-DLC maps.
    http://www.bfcentral.net/bf4/battlefield-4-maps/
    Not sure what your standards are, but for me, I personally find that enough.
  • barnesalmighty2
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Its more a lack of diverse servers thats the issue. I've been under he assumption that the server browser is broken for a while now.
  • GoofyMC123
    991 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I know this, i also have premium (free with ea access), i just can't find populated servers that include all maps.