COD WW2 makes me appreciate BF1 even more

SaltyWarPig
1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Against my better judgement, I blew $100 on COD WW2 because several of my friends got it and wanted me to join them. Long story short, I'm back to playing BF1. I didn't realize how good we have it with BF1. Anyone else feel the same way? :)

Comments

• Hypnotic5493
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All I do is play BF1. COD and star wars are garbage
  • kampkaos_420_
    2208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Judging what they put out so far, did you really think this one would be any better?

It's always been the Mario Kart of shooters.
  • SaltyWarPig
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Judging what they put out so far, did you really think this one would be any better?

It's always been the Mario Kart of shooters.

TBH I was really hoping... especially with the whole shtick of going back to WW2. Sadly it's a flaming pile of crap, yet it'll still make a billion dollars.
  • BaconRebellion
    1820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah. I thought BF1 had issues (which it did and still does), but they were nothing compared to WW2. I mean at least in BF1 the shotguns kill at a decent range. You don't need to be up their ... In order to get a kill with them.
  • robmcewen
    1709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The guys at work keep pestering me to buy it, but it doesn't appeal to me. I'm going to just wait for the next BATTLEFIELD game if I want to play a good WW2 game. ;)
  • ninjapenquinuk
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 6
    I thought about buying COD just for the single player, but after seeing some youtube footage i decided against. It's the standard BS of trigger points on maps that suddenly make supperior enemy forces run away, and though haven't seen it on any footage, it wouldn'y suprise me if the unlimited reinforcements trick is still in the game too. You know, where you shoot the guy in the MG nest in the window, stay in cover to take out other guys, only for another enemy to take up the MG, rinse and repeat ad infinitum until you get to a trigger point when suddenly the MG nest goes quiet. But the things that really put me off were the exploding Stukas, ala Star Wars, when you man the AA gun, and the exploding anti tank guns, when in one mission you have a sniper rifle to 'silence the guns' yet one round makes the whole thing explode in a huge fireball! Come on it's 2017, not 1997!
  • BizarkerDRule
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I received a copy of COD WW2 as an early Xmas gift
    I was getting a bit bored of BF1 to be honest as all i am doing now is getting service stars for various guns and the Operations on the snow maps was becoming tedious ( 12 times damn you Galacia )
    Listen guys BF1 blows COD out of the water in every department and i will be back on the 11th ( also be playing the CTE )
    But if you take COD for what it is it can be fun as hell with friends
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1447 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why are you people keep bringing this whole COD argument here over and over?
  • guinness54321
    106 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't know about CoD, but Battlefront2 makes me realize how much better the Battlefield1 modes are.
  • CH1R0N83
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    I'm going to just wait for the next BATTLEFIELD game if I want to play a good WW2 game. ;)

I live in hope :)
  • herodes87
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wait until the weapon patch.

Then you have CoD Gameplay.
  • NihlusKriyk
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 6
    Hurr durr *insert obligatory cod hatetrain comment here*