Review of the shotgun weekend...

Revokah
820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
This is my review on the shotgun weekend, it’s not what you think and there could be a reason as to why they did it

Comments

• HuwJarz
    3789 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its a really good video. Some awesome gameplay in it. I do however take issue with your conclusion.

You state that it is a good idea fr DICE to get everyone using shotguns, to get data.....what data are they going to get that is useful?
    Having test data in a non representative way, does not help balance, and they already know which shotties are preferred by the player base. So what use is it?

• Imabaka70
    2410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had fun getting those 300+ kills. Though my data would be entirely using the m1900 slug. Since st basically a short range sniper rifle.
  • Revokah
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Its a really good video. Some awesome gameplay in it. I do however take issue with your conclusion.

You state that it is a good idea fr DICE to get everyone using shotguns, to get data.....what data are they going to get that is useful?
    Having test data in a non representative way, does not help balance, and they already know which shotties are preferred by the player base. So what use is it?

That was the word on the street, as far as I’m aware they know that the shotguns are very unreliable, and vary in good and bad. They’re already looking into ways to better balance them and to make them more consistent. If it means me having to endure a ‘tough’ weekend to get them better balanced I’ll grit my teeth and get on with it

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »

They wanted to find out the maximum possible salt that could be generated in just one weekend with this game. Naturally, a challenge requiring shotgun kills has proven to be the most effective way to do this.

/s
  • OrionPherrit
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting vid, but haven’t they tested scatterguns in the Beta & CTE, as well as having plenty of time to observe them in action? What more conclusions will this grindfest generate? If shotties remain random & unbalanced, then it wouldn’t have been worthwhile.

Since there’s so much saltiness, maybe we should load our shotguns with rock salt. ;)
  • kaliyl777
    1958 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I got all of 2 kills with shotties on shotgun weekend.
  • Revokah
    Yeah they have tested them in the CTE my guess is they want to get it right once and for all! I really don’t get why they’d make them basically RNG in a multiplayer when it cries for consistency
  • VoodooxHaze
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So what they buffed em or what did I miss an update everyone is running them what gives ?
  • Revokah
    No changes as of yet should be due anytime