Are planes overpowered or Unnecessary in Turning Tides?

IIRogueMachineII
1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Don't know if its just me but putting planes on these maps with the design of the maps sort of makes them overpowered or at the very least an unnecessary . Fine if you like it but any decent pilot will have a field day. I mean so far for a naval themed DLC there seems to be more likely of death from planes than sea vehicles.

Comments

• Xant0r
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Played some Operations, foggy as hell...yet it only helped me from being spotted, while i can spot half the attacking team through fog. I dunno man, but spotting through that thick of fog seems a bit excessive. Can tell you it was ez pickings from the sky.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know if its just me but putting planes on these maps with the design of the maps sort of makes them overpowered or at the very least an unnecessary . Fine if you like it but any decent pilot will have a field day. I mean so far for a naval themed DLC there seems to be more likely of death from planes than sea vehicles.

You need to ask BlitzTurk. He is the forum expert on OP. He has a list of all things that have killed him since BF1 was launched.

I think from memory, that the only thing that is not OP (and I only mean for killing) is the trech periscope, but it's only a matter of time as I know that recently @Chillmatik_86 has been getting some kills with it.....
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They just seem unnecessary. Maybe not overpowered. I just enjoy the infantry side of this game and not a massive vehicle player.
  • ElliotLH
    9775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seemed like there was enough AA guns to combat the planes effectively. I've only been able to have a quick go on the new maps though.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    Probably just me. I must be a plane magnet. A good 5 to 10 deaths a round are planes. Just don't find dying on average 5-10 times around because of planes fun. They have to remove them for the Zeebrugge map.
  • jamiestar79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Being killed by planes almost feels like being killed by people who are playing a completely different game as far as I'm concerned. Just cowards, on par with sniping from the other side of the map.
  • bmatazz
    275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do not play operations it does not play any good for the attacking team. Do know why they did not add boats for the defending team . Seems kind of stupid if is surpourse to b a navel dlc
  • IIRogueMachineII
    bmatazz wrote: »
    Do not play operations it does not play any good for the attacking team. Do know why they did not add boats for the defending team . Seems kind of stupid if is surpourse to b a navel dlc

I did wonder why no Ottoman boats. But I guess being historically accurate.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They can be as devestating as they are on any map where infantry cluster together around a flag. Identifying targets for straffing runs does seem easier due to the flag layout, however that also means you can be targetted from all over the map also. It may only be an annoyance factor, but 3 or 4 LMGs hammering away at you can do enough damage (30-40 points) for you to bank away for a repair. It would also help if the AA gunners on the destroyer actually tried targetting planes instead of just infantry.
  • XxHeAvEnxxSeNTxX
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I haven’t had and problems with planes yet, but my damn ankles hurt from running so much. Holy crap these maps are big. It’s like the spawns are so damn far from each other. Just on cape Helles. I’ve been getting sniped left and right though. I stick with the trechnes, but damn if there ain’t enough spots to camp and snipe from.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    They can be as devestating as they are on any map where infantry cluster together around a flag. Identifying targets for straffing runs does seem easier due to the flag layout, however that also means you can be targetted from all over the map also. It may only be an annoyance factor, but 3 or 4 LMGs hammering away at you can do enough damage (30-40 points) for you to bank away for a repair. It would also help if the AA gunners on the destroyer actually tried targetting planes instead of just infantry.

I just don’t believe they’re necessary on a fairly close quarters maps one which is supposed to be naval focus. Also pretty much no pilot ever attacks the behemoth or will attack,the destroyer when they can farm kills on infantry. People complained about Galicia form ITNOTT DLC but personally didn’t die that much to planes compared to one day on Cape Helles.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The amount of planes is fine there just needs to be better AA placement.