Aim assist nerf

SuperReds1892
410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Let me begin by saying I’ve never turned AA off for the duration of time I’ve been playing, to be honest I couldn’t be bothered to learn to aim without it. So you can imagine it was a shock to my system when I fired the game up for a few maps today, I got absolutely wrecked for the first few games lol. Now after a few hours of playing I’m actually enjoying playing more than I ever have, I know when I kill someone it’s from my own merit and not a glorified aim bot. AA turned off never to be touched again. Overall verdict I’m very impressed and only wish I’d turned it off a long time ago. Next step should be the complete removal of AA altogether.

GG DICE

Comments

• Loqtrall
    10638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The main thing I can't wait to see come out of this change is the amount of people on this forum who still complain about dying to Infantry and Carbine variant sniper rifles.
  • SuperReds1892
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    The main thing I can't wait to see come out of this change is the amount of people on this forum who still complain about dying to Infantry and Carbine variant sniper rifles.

If you die to them now it’s on you pretty much
  • MrOnlineToughGuy
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The aim assist nerf was very minor, from what I noticed.
  • SuperReds1892

Didn’t seem minor to me, it’s a drastic change imo
  • Loqtrall
    10638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Tell that to the crew around here that swears rifles are OP and won't be "fixed" until the Scout-killing TTK patch hits retail.
  • MrOnlineToughGuy
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It's slightly less snap on, but not much else has changed. I'm not sure why everyone is raving lol
  • Kauairippa
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was a drastic change for me. I guess we can just run assault subs and fire hundreds of rounds instead of being over watch of your Squad at sweet spot range and firing one or two shots to get the job done.
  • James-MII
    795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It feels like it’s 95% non existent to me. I only bought a PS4 so I could play with my mates, used pcs all my life.. I used aim assist to make sure my time wasn’t wasted, bit annoyed but oh well.
  • SuperReds1892
    James-MII wrote: »

It feels like it’s 95% non existent to me. I only bought a PS4 so I could play with my mates, used pcs all my life.. I used aim assist to make sure my time wasn’t wasted, bit annoyed but oh well.

@James-MII yea I’m not really feeling any assist anymore at all either that’s why I just turned it off. It’ll take a while to get used to it I’m not even completely comfortable yet myself but give it a couple of weeks at the most and everybody will be onto it. Stick at it mate.
  • SuperReds1892

It's slightly less snap on, but not much else has changed. I'm not sure why everyone is raving lol

Think we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one lol
  • SuperReds1892

Tell that to the crew around here that swears rifles are OP and won't be "fixed" until the Scout-killing TTK patch hits retail.

Yea RIP scout when that happens.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

It's not just that the snap zone has been reduced, the new system snaps to the nearest 'bone' rather than dead center chest.

For people who can't aim, this means the character will usually be out of their crosshairs by the time they pull the trigger, since it snaps to the edge of the model.

The snap zone also gets proportionately smaller with distance, instead of growing with distance as before.

It is a significant and welcome change.
  • James-MII
    795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

@James-MII yea I’m not really feeling any assist anymore at all either that’s why I just turned it off. It’ll take a while to get used to it I’m not even completely comfortable yet myself but give it a couple of weeks at the most and everybody will be onto it. Stick at it mate.

I’ll give it a go chief and see how it pans out :)
  • FocalCapybara34
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I never really noticed this OP aim assist and I don't notice any difference for myself now
  • SuperReds1892

That’s the spirit old chap :smile:
  • James-MII

That’s the spirit old chap :smile:

Feedback so far, very difficult. I have to keep telling myself.. every time there is a 2 weeks early access I struggle big time, I get my **** handed to me. So trying to play without basically any AA using guns I hate to unlock ones I think I want, on maps I’ve never played.. it’s a recipe for disaster.

I can’t wait till the two weeks early access is over so the servers get some fresh blood I can prey on haha
  • West_london_fc
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I noticed something was off when I fired it up yesterday. My aim was all over the place but after a few hours I started playing normal.
  • beetroot888
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Here we go with the "your no good cause you use aa clowns". anyone who thinks like that should turn their crosshairs off, don't use spotting flares, don't equip syringe, turn off minimap, def never use helriegle etc. The game has tons crutches we all use so stop hating on scouts. Get out of your parents basement and stop complaining.
  • V2Face
    2464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Never had a problem with snap to AA in other Battlefield games until this one. Which if you ADS at the right moment could lock you onto a target and secure your one shot kill if you ran infantry or carbine bolt actions or shotguns. Some players would recognize this and pretty much abuse it by simply spamming ADS in combat situations which took most of the skill out of gunplay. I turned mines off a few months ago not to be an elitist but to teach myself how to aim properly and control recoil a lot more people should do it like, OP because it will make you a better player.
  • CnConrad
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just fired up bf1 for the first time in a while and yes I can assure you the change is enormous.

But luckily whily I am worse than before EVERYONE else is astronomically worse and I'm doing even better than I was before.

Rip m.95 carbine though.