Why use guns we don't want to unlock another?

wontbuyurgames
237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Why if we paid for this game are we made to use a gun not of our choice to unlock another? Stupid. Just as stupid as having objective games and having ribbons or whatever challenge that can take one away from objectives. How does DICE miss this?

Comments

• Hycor
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why if we paid for this game are we made to use a gun not of our choice to unlock another? Stupid. Just as stupid as having objective games and having ribbons or whatever challenge that can take one away from objectives. How does DICE miss this?

Yea I agree, the assignments in Batttlefield 1 are ****. They promote zero team play and almost none objective play.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Because other people feel that they need some challenge in their life. So rather than pursue other things, they'd like to pay people for an opportunity to waste their time.

I'm sure they'll come in here, they'll be the ones talking about how tears taste so good or posting a gif of one of those baby dolls that cry.
  • Hycor
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because other people feel that they need some challenge in their life. So rather than pursue other things, they'd like to pay people for an opportunity to waste their time.

I'm sure they'll come in here, they'll be the ones talking about how tears taste so good or posting a gif of one of those baby dolls that cry.

I dont mind challenges as long as they are focusing on teamplay or the objective and dont require you to rely on pure luck. Camping with a machine gun to shot down enemy planes or running around using tripwires as a melee weapon to get the required kills was the most stupid thing dice ever did in this game.

I mean, Battlefield is a CASUAL series, but some of the latest assignments this year have been on some CSGO/Rainbow Six levels. Dice need to calm down with the assignments.
  • BobsAndVegane
    1252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hycor wrote: »

I dont mind challenges as long as they are focusing on teamplay or the objective and dont require you to rely on pure luck. Camping with a machine gun to shot down enemy planes or running around using tripwires as a melee weapon to get the required kills was the most stupid thing dice ever did in this game.

I mean, Battlefield is a CASUAL series, but some of the latest assignments this year have been on some CSGO/Rainbow Six levels. Dice need to calm down with the assignments.

I agree. The people that defend them are simply another breed.
  • Hycor
    Hycor wrote: »

I agree. The people that defend them are simply another breed.

I have dealt with them before on this forum, they are pure fanboys of EA and Dice. They are the kind of people who brag about how they unlocked the parabellum in 10 minutes and how good the assignment made them feel, at the same time they have never felt the touch of a woman irl or faced a real challenge in life.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another day, another crying thread. I guess it's impossibe to satisfy people these days.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And another person defending literally pointless errand lists content walling in video games because they can't enjoy them without a grind and unlock quest in the background controlling their gameplay.

Seriously what do these add to the gameplay

Its like they don't even see it lol.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I was not a fan of the ITNOTT weapon assignments (I did complete all of them though, much to my pain and displeasure ... XD), and whilst I'm not a fan of weapon assignments for DLC weapons in general, these ones seem to be relatively simple. I've only got the Farquhar-Hill Optical, Browning 1917 Telescopic and Arisaka left to unlock, so its nice that I can enjoy these weapons without grinding for them for an entire week, or several weeks.

In my opinion, challenging assignments should be for skins or dog tags, just like the last community mission (though that was inappropriately timed, due to the ricochet bug).

Of course, other people will defend weapon assignments, and they are allowed to do so. Some of these people will claim that they completed the ITNOTT assignments in mere hours, so they think that anyone can do literally all of the assignments in one night. It is a little awkward seeing grown men and women feeling so much pride in completing arbitrary challenges that mean absolutely nothing in the real world. Just my two cents - we can agree to disagree if you wish.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Somehow has a different opinion to me therefore they are pathetic at life"

RNGesus.

You had to use weapons to unlock other weapons in the vanilla game; how is this any different? These are the easiest assignments yet to boot.

I really couldn't give a crap about the requirements; I just do them. I just wish dice would pick a stance and stick with it rather then flip flopping about

Dice is damned is they do and damned if they don't. The community will cry over any and everything.

FFS.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is like this since bf3,some assignments are always kinda silly. Besides destroying 2 planes with lmg theres nothing that bad imo,at least for weapon unlocks.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what if you bought the DLC and got access to the content within without doing a bunch of completely uninspired boring shoehorned in quests lazily typed up hours before the official launch

are we seriously at the point where that is too much to ask for
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Scroll back to October 2016 and read all the cry threads about “no progression”. This is what they put in the game to squash that outrage. They made them extra easy this time, be happy about that.
  • crabman169
    12849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    what if you bought the DLC and got access to the content within without doing a bunch of completely uninspired boring shoehorned in quests lazily typed up hours before the official launch

are we seriously at the point where that is too much to ask for

If they did that the community would be ablaze with "WAHHHH!!!! NO PROGRESSION!!!!!"

You've played bf3/4/hardline. Why is this such an issue to you? These Assigments have nothing on previous titles assignments

I'm sorry but I have zero sympathy; my brother can do these challenges without issue and he is a bonefish scrub.

If anything the assignments spice up the meta from Hel spam (which ironically is still on rampage)

Yeah hey dice just completely backflip on your DLC because some people are salty k thanks bye
  • bfloo11111111111
    224 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I find good guns I would never have used with some of the challenges.

There are some I will never use again as well.

• ZumbiSnatch
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I recall a crythread from a year ago complaining about progression and the lack of unlocks. Can’t please the community they are forever ungrateful.
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2017
    All these challenges are to submerge you further into the game. The challenges make me play in ways I never have before. I NEVER played as assault and now it’s my favorite class. All the things you complain about other players not doing are required or encouraged in these challenges. Everyone is getting better because of them. It takes playing as an assault guy to understand that when I’m support, those dudes ESPECIALLY need ammo.
  • jpharrisson
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, the assignments for this DLC are really easy, stop complaining, I have unlock 2 guns in my first game last night, not a big deal!
  • BobsAndVegane
    PhonB80 wrote: »
    All these challenges are to submerge you further into the game. The challenges make me play in ways I never have before. I NEVER played as assault and now it’s my favorite class. All the things you complain about other players not doing are required or encouraged in these challenges. Everyone is getting better because of them. It takes playing as an assault guy to understand that when I’m support, those dudes ESPECIALLY need ammo.

No one is complaining about the things like healing/reviving/resupplying a certain number of people. They're complaining about the stupid things, like getting a certain number of kills with the Automatico or the airburst mortar, or worst of all the HE tripmines.

If you never played as Assault before, how is that everyone else's problem? Why do you need people to tell you how to play the game? Why don't you just play the game yourself?
  • PhonB80
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PhonB80 wrote: »

No one is complaining about the things like healing/reviving/resupplying a certain number of people. They're complaining about the stupid things, like getting a certain number of kills with the Automatico or the airburst mortar, or worst of all the HE tripmines.

If you never played as Assault before, how is that everyone else's problem? Why do you need people to tell you how to play the game? Why don't you just play the game yourself?

I think you misunderstood my point on such a high level I am not even going to try to bring you back down...