BF4DB Report to EA via Ticket Discrimination Bannning - ADMIN This is total discrimination

DarthPottyPants
30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
So I was on a server and got banned. OK, they say it was my stats. My the junky player that reverts to ramming. Upon further investigation the admit I was not banned based on cheating or stats and that they had the entirely wrong. they picked my account because someone has the exact same name with but has a few letters that are capital i instead of capital l. My guess is it was someone I reported to evenbalance. Anyway that account is a totally different IP and GUID. Then they finally admit they had a totally wrong account. Then they say oh it was because of an associated IP/account.

On their link it is clear they are banning a lot of people because of associated accounts.

This is not name shame this is me asking for help. It is the BF4DB folks and I am not sure how they can legally take away your right to play based on a GUID that is not even yours.

They in turn say now that I was banned because of an associated account.

How is it possible that someone can take your usage rights away based on what they believe is an associated account. Yes, BTW my family has many accounts.

So if we are going to start banning and blocking accounts based on IPs or associated accounts that would wipe out a ton of accounts.

You pay for a license key.

You do not cheat.

You get banned because they say another account which has not been played on in 2-3 years has a similar IP and was banned by punkbuster?

I do not care if I have 100 banned accounts, if I pay for a new one that does not give you the right to ban it.

These guys even admit they had it wrong, but still say because of the associated IP and account I am banned.

Discrimination much. What is this **** Germany and everyone gets a pink star.

Comments

• DarthPottyPants
    By the way I have a case ID in on this and the more I look at their site it looks like they are banning a lot of people based on associated accounts, associated IDs or IPs. None of which I am sure they have the right to. It most likely is against the terms of service and if not I am more that sure is illegal in all US courts.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2017
    Here we go!

costanza-answering-machine.gif

I suggest everyone to check out the latest threads on our site for the complete story.

• the_tecknoxx_
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what is your previous battlelog name because right now your profile does not exist.
  • DarthPottyPants
    BTW anyone else having the same issue let me know. I can see from their forum they are banning people left and right across several EA games.
  • DarthPottyPants
    I am only handing that out to admins and it is on my case ID, but I can tell you that a player had almost exactly the same name as mine and that is why it was reported in the first place which makes me totally suspect of their processes. So they ban someone without even the correct facts in the first place. The players name was not mine, but very close is all I will say, they were like 20 levels above me which was the other indicator and had a totally different IP and GUID. Again, the account they claim was the reason afterwards was another one that I am associated with, but has not been used for years. I am sure the duplicate one was because of all my reporting to cheaters evenbalance.

Go to their site you will see all the people that are banned not even for cheating just because of their IP or associated account.

This is discrimination make no mistake about it.
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    You were banned because an account using your static ip (an ip that you played on before and after with the current account) was banned by punkbuster and played on your connection 4 months ago and your account played on the very same connection hours after and the ip has remained the same to this very day. Therefore you received a ban from a third party service because of the linked account
  • Sovereign_Skies
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    Well this is entertaining. I always love free publicity.

Firstly, we only ban on BF4. Hence the name “BF4DB”. We do not issue bans to players for bans in other BF titles. I suggest reading our banning policy. It’s a pretty good read when you’re on the toilet.

We are more than happy to admit we’ve issued erroneous bans in the past and have overturned them. I can give examples if you’d like. We’re not perfect, but with each case we get a little better.

If this is the case I’m thinking it is (and we have dozens every day), then our moderation channel on Discord was blowing up for ages discussing this particular case. The entire moderation team was working on it. Everything was double checked.

Before I sit back and enjoy the show, in the grand scheme of things, our plugin is only active on a percentage of the total number of servers (although that number grows daily). You’re more than welcome to play on any server that’s not protected by our plugin, or on any Official server as our plugin is not effective on Official servers. Alternatively, you may ask individual server admins to add you to their whitelist which will override the BF4DB Ban. It’s there for a reason.

Again, I’d like to thank you for the free publicity, we always get an increase in page views and ad revenue after each of these rants. I’d be more than happy to discuss your case in private if you’d like. You can find me on our Discord server. We’ll be happy to walk you through step by step how we came to issuing the ban.

We don’t discriminate, all hackers are treated the same: banned. Thanks for being a part of the Battlefield community, and have a great day.
  • RustedRoot
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So, if anyone on your network (IP) cheats, but you do not and both of you play the game on separate accounts, they ban you.

Is that what I am interpreting?
  • BurtTheBlueberry
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    So, if anyone on your network (IP) cheats, but you do not and both of you play the game on separate accounts, they ban you.

No. We’ve had situations like that arise before and only the appropriate accounts were banned
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Just some additional info here, bf4db is a third party anticheat site, admins decide on their own free will to either trust BF4DB and stream their banlist or they can decide not to. The service is offered to server admins but not forced upon them. In other words those that stream to them trust that they do their job well and enforce their banlists and its totally their decision when it comes to who plays on their server hence their individual decisions on third party anti cheat site streaming. Other examples pbbans, GGC, 24/7 fairplay etc.
    I can see that the appeal is still pending so perhaps wait for a result before passing judgement.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »

Not necessarily. In a nutshell, we can see time stamps and IP’s and can check to see if they are running concurrently or separately to help determine if they are the same person or different individuals on the same network.

• DarthPottyPants
    Yes that is exactly what they are doing. They will ban from the same IP and same network if they feel like it. On top of all this the account that kicked all this off, not the IP not the same GUID is clearly someone copying my ID almost exactly including tags and is now part of a security and threat ticket.

This other guys is pretty clearly cheating and guess what BF4DB did? Nothing. They did not ban or even try to help me.

The other account is not banned just mine. Mine, the one they admit was not cheating. Again, after they admitted my account did nothing wrong. They didn't even focus on the real issue which is that someone is using an almost identical account on purpose clearly to cause issues. An account which they even made a mistake on. Nope, they would rather say shame on your for having an associated account and ban you and admit your GUID did not cheat.

It is beyond sad.

Anyway now we also have a security issue on top of the discrimination.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    I’ve already offered to speak with you about the issue and walk you through how the Ban was issued but you seemingly don’t want to. That’s fine, everyone’s entitled to their opinion and that’s what makes the world a great place.

At the end of the day, we’re a third-party anti-cheat service that is available to those who want to use it. It’s not required, there’s no arm twisting nor financial compensation for using our service on the part of the server admins.

Use it if you like it, don’t if you hate it. The world will revolve either way.
  • Sovereign_Skies
    BF4DB will no longer be commenting further on this matter here on the Forums. You were banned for a banned linked account. If you’d like to discuss, feel free to drop by Discord. Can do it in a public channel so all can see if that makes you feel better. Either/or.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    We don't allow discussions of bans here. You are banned by a third party as such take it there.
This discussion has been closed.