The Holiday Challenges read like the designer wants us to play BF1 all day.

Khronikos
2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2017
I'm sorry, but I'm just pretty much out on most of these. You could easily boost the ugly Tank skin, and that was worth it, but the others here for the two melee challenges have been awful. Sure, the shotgun one was doable, but I was just coming off a big shotgun week BEFORE the challenge started, and there was no way in hell I was doing 300 more kills with my schedule.

Now we have melees and pistols to do, and the tanker was absolutely disgusting in destroy 100 vehicles. At any rate these challenges basically say to the player go boost this in a room. Pistol matches are fun sometimes, but not all in 2 days man. I simply don't play this game like that anymore, and it's almost rude to expect me to play it that much. And some people just don't like going to booster rooms, which makes the challenges nearly impossible on some teams and games.

Of course we know you are hardcore and you beat all of these. But for people with lives these challenges are just past my breaking point. As someone who rarely melees and doesn't even use a bayonet, not to mention I'm playing other games, it's just too much for me.

I honestly wish the Holiday challenges would have been more inclusive, but to me they were all basically 'play our game all day for 2 days guys' type challenges and that is when I jump off the boat. I know you can boost them faster, but it still takes time. Boosting is not always really fun, and pointless things sometimes don't take precedence in our lives during a time of the season where we are not focusing on playing BF1.

What do you think? Fair unfair okay middling ridiculous? Did you even bother?

I mean dude, I'm still using an F'ing shovel to get THAT melee weapon. This has been ongoing for MONTHS. I'm not even close. I average like one melee per 2 days when I choose to play lol. I'll be sticking to my shovel hehehe.
Post edited by Khronikos on

Comments

• DankDope99
    541 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wait, you don't play BF1 all day?
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thought Ts

That's life.

It's a video game.

Dice said in November that there would be weekend missions for stuff.

I fail to see the issue. If YOU can't do the challenge that doesn't me OTHERS cant.

Hell I've got 12 hours of driving to do this weekend; already got 6 done and I'm about to get stuck into this rather easy mission.

Every patch/update is a 11pm for me; should Dice change their entire update and Maintence schedules just to suit me? No.

• Ram1c
    4167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Thought Ts

That's life.

It's a video game.

I fail to see the issue. If YOU can't do the challenge that doesn't me OTHERS cant.

Hell I've got 12 hours of driving to do this weekend; already got 6 done and I'm about to get stuck into this rather easy mission.

Every patch/update is a 11pm for me; should Dice change their entire update and Maintence schedules just to suit me? No.

Git gud at driving.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven’t completed any of these challenges because I just don’t see the point in them. There not overly fun or enjoyable. They’re grindy. Fair play to those you have the time and want to grind for them. I won’t be. Shotgun kills, vehicle destroyed and now melee, I mean surely dice are trolling?
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For some it's a grind for others it's just a normal day of playing. I melee so much it wasn't a challenge at 75.

The shotgun kills made me play shotguns on a map I usually don't so I learned a different way to play. Which is good.
  • The_Pyromaani
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only went for barbed wire bat so far since been wanting it for long time. Took me almost 5 hours to get it xD
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The barbed wire bat was actually fun, find a melee only server and takes about an hour.
    Not sure why it would take all day :)
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    The barbed wire bat was actually fun, find a melee only server and takes about an hour.

BOOSTER!!!! Lol
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Found a preet awesome Server with melle weapons only ;)
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    I suppose a melee server. An hour of play though. Again, I got the tank one and it still was a pain even with the servers set up for it. I just don't think I care. I need something new. I love BF1, but it's getting a bit old playing too much of it.

Maybe I should try an all melee server IDK. Good way to get dog tags I guess.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

BOOSTER!!!! Lol

Shoot me ;)
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

BOOSTER!!!! Lol

Shoot me ;)

I can't.. it's melee only..

Na that's not blatant like the no kill ones. I could care less.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is one oversight that some melee servers have; stationary weapons. Maps like Sinai Desert and Suez have stationary Maxim MGs, even in TDM, so someone could get onto that and easily kill everyone else in the server. Happened a few times when I was playing on Sinai ...
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rather offtopic: One of the support assignments is killing tanks with limet charges. Alot of them.

Makes you wonder if DICE actually plays their own game.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rather offtopic: One of the support assignments is killing tanks with limet charges. Alot of them.

Err no, it is get 1500 damage with Limpets.

Makes me wonder if people who complain incessantly actually read stuff.

On topic: Fortunately, a very nice man gifted me a code for this so didn't have to do it. That said, I do feel that the timescales for these challenges can be a tad restrictive for a lot of people.

They are not hard as such indeed, some are pretty easy IF you can get on to play!

Using UK time as an example, if I could start Friday evening and finish by midnight Monday, that would be better without being excessive.

But hey.....
  • Captain_DarIing
    1425 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Trokey66 wrote: »

On topic: Fortunately, a very nice man gifted me a code for this so didn't have to do it. That said, I do feel that the timescales for these challenges can be a tad restrictive for a lot of people.

They are not hard as such indeed, some are pretty easy IF you can get on to play!

Using UK time as an example, if I could start Friday evening and finish by midnight Monday, that would be better without being excessive.

But hey.....
    There is an assignment where you actually have to kill 25 tanks with limpets. Makes me wonder if you actually read all of the assignments.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-US/discussion/123705/destroy-25-tanks-with-limpet-mines
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could care less. I only do assignment/mission if the reward is something I really want. I play for fun otherwise.
  • kampkaos_420_

But hey.....
    There is an assignment where you actually have to kill 25 tanks with limpets. Makes me wonder if you actually read all of the assignments.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-US/discussion/123705/destroy-25-tanks-with-limpet-mines

I did it no problem instead of the 100 resupplies in a round. I would get 80 or 90 resupply every round and got frustrated. When all else fails, blow stuff up.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But hey.....

Oh, you mean the ITNOTT assignments not the TT ones? They are soooooo 3 months ago, you could at least stay relevant.

Got them no problem but not really relevant to the Holiday assignments but hey.....
  • rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ram1c wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Thought Ts

That's life.

It's a video game.

Git gud at driving.

Lolz......hacker