What is up with the hit detection

CraigAEvans
postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
It’s absolutely woeful atm , anybody else feel this

Comments

• KingKraft101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yes, I absolutely agree. I have been mainly using the new medic weapon, which I have seen this problem with. I have experienced numerous times when shots do not connect, causing me to die to that enemy player.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Video footage? There’s so many times that this is said without any video evidence, I’ve got mine recorded but the bad hit detection events are few and far between.
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its unplayable EU PS4. The new servers are awful.
  • LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thread in the Xbox section about it and a lot of players mentioning it in the state of the game thread also. People been asking for months now for it to be looked into or even acknowledged without any joy. Low latency no warning icons and the game still terribly inconsistent, may as well close the official forum for all the good it does.
  • The_BERG_366
    2195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

then don't play it lol.
  • JWood1313LC
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think it is hit or miss for me. Some servers are ok and then others are not. If I get into a bad one, I just leave and try another. We play war games over the internet! It won't be perfect all the time. Once upon a time we didn't have any of this so I grateful for the game developers doing what they do. It's like plugging a hole in the ****. As soon as you put your finger in one hole there is another leak and so on and so forth.
  • b2tchwood
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Again does anyone have actual footage of this?
  • ferdonjack
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2017
    I probably have video, and it was distinctly different from the hit detection issue I experienced with the spring update in that. For me the spring update ordeal basically delayed hit detection but I played through it and actually kinda halfway enjoyed it because it was consistent and on a map like Fort Vaux I could still get kills despite the delay because Automatico Storm. Last night the issue was sporadic and it wasn't a delay, hit detection was literally non existent at times. First noticed it on Cape Helles with fedorov optical, literally dumped a whole mag in the head and chest of two enemies that were less 20 or 30 feet from me and did zero damage.

Edit: checked real quick and I do have video. Didn't really dig deep but I recorded a bunch of gameplay yesterday and probably have quite a few examples because the first clip I checked shows exactly what I've described. Map was Achi Baba with Fedorov Optical.

Edit 2: uploaded a clip
    Post edited by ferdonjack on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ferdonjack wrote: »
    I probably have video, and it was distinctly different from the hit detection issue I experienced with the spring update in that. For me the spring update ordeal basically delayed hit detection but I played through it and actually kinda halfway enjoyed it because it was consistent and on a map like Fort Vaux I could still get kills despite the delay because Automatico Storm. Last night the issue was sporadic and it wasn't a delay, hit detection was literally non existent at times. First noticed it on Cape Helles with fedorov optical, literally dumped a whole mag in the head and chest of two enemies that were less 20 or 30 feet from me and did zero damage.

Edit: checked real quick and I do have video. Didn't really dig deep but I recorded a bunch of gameplay yesterday and probably have quite a few examples because the first clip I checked shows exactly what I've described. Map was Achi Baba with Fedorov Optical.

Edit 2: uploaded a clip

Well you did miss a bunch on those clips. You also were going full auto, if you look carefully you will see the huge spread that is happening cause of it.

My suggestion is to slow down your shots. So how fire on the Fedorov is killer.
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    He did miss the first few but then he dropped his sights down and climbed up with recoil....the guy should have taken a lot more damage at least than 15...
  • TankGewehr1917

then don't play it lol.
    Don’t worry, I can’t until they fix it.
  • RudeAwakeningEh
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think a lot of hit defection issues can be traced back to in game features like suppression. I've had hit defection issues but they're more rare. Whenever I review my own footage I am almost always suppressed and didn't notice.

Suppression is a entirely different topic all together but I know it makes the game less consistent for players.
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think a lot of hit defection issues can be traced back to in game features like suppression. I've had hit defection issues but they're more rare. Whenever I review my own footage I am almost always suppressed and didn't notice.

Suppression is a entirely different topic all together but I know it makes the game less consistent for players.

I agree!
    And now we add in the nerf of the AA. People got so used to the old AA, that now they feel there is bad hit detection. When the reality is that they are not jumping to target like they are used to.
  • Trokey66
    8074 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2017
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

I agree!
    And now we add in the nerf of the AA. People got so used to the old AA, that now they feel there is bad hit detection. When the reality is that they are not jumping to target like they are used to.

This was my first thought when I read the OP.

Is he mistaking reduced AR and therefore missing, for bad 'hit detection'?

All seems peachy for me recently.
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thought it was just me. Played for a few hours and on more than one occasion I either didn’t get hit markers or seem to take several more bullets then usual.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    He did miss the first few but then he dropped his sights down and climbed up with recoil....the guy should have taken a lot more damage at least than 15...

The side to side spread shot all around him. Play it slow you'll see.
  • TankGewehr1917
    Thought it was just me. Played for a few hours and on more than one occasion I either didn’t get hit markers or seem to take several more bullets then usual.
    Same here. It’s awful.
  • Jayremie570
    1625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, I absolutely agree. I have been mainly using the new medic weapon, which I have seen this problem with. I have experienced numerous times when shots do not connect, causing me to die to that enemy player.

The new medic weapon is horrible. Shots go everywhere but where you want.

In your case its the weapon not the server.
  • LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hahaha tell the server to sort its pretend sweet spot out then, players really still believing weapons are based on physics etc ask all the supply playing as assault...server rules thats what makes decent players.
  • Jayremie570
    1625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hahaha tell the server to sort its pretend sweet spot out then, players really still believing weapons are based on physics etc ask all the supply playing as assault...server rules thats what makes decent players.

Mkay... you mind translating that into human?
This discussion has been closed.