Weekly Debrief

What is up with the hit detection

Comments

• LeonReed123
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Its actually in UK English. Plants been watered yet?
  • Trokey66
    8380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its actually in UK English. Plants been watered yet?

Are you sure?
  • OG-N2rock
    1788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Was just in a game where the hit detection was terrible. I looked at the scoreboard and me and 3 other guys were the only ones playing below 100 ping. 50 percent of the rest were 150 or less, and 50 percent were over 150 (5 of the others were over 250!). Yeah, with that many high pingers, it was no wonder the hit detection was all over the place. I hung in until the end (took a loss) and then found a new server. New server was 90 percent under 100. Hit detection was spot on.
  • WetFishDB
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »
    Was just in a game where the hit detection was terrible. I looked at the scoreboard and me and 3 other guys were the only ones playing below 100 ping. 50 percent of the rest were 150 or less, and 50 percent were over 150 (5 of the others were over 250!). Yeah, with that many high pingers, it was no wonder the hit detection was all over the place. I hung in until the end (took a loss) and then found a new server. New server was 90 percent under 100. Hit detection was spot on.

Anecdotally, I find mixed servers seem to have worse hit detection/increased lag than vanilla or DLC specific. My hypothesis, is that their rarity means they pull in a higher percentage of out-of-region players, who in turn make it feel worse.

That said, I have absolutely nothing to back that up.
  • Chillmatik_86
    2369 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't say it's worse then befor. I'm still going from good matches to absolute nothingness the next on the same server back to good and so on...
    In general ze German servers feel pretty smooth to me, and i also feel Operations offers less weirdness then Conquest somehow, that, or maybe Ops just suits my playstyle better..
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OG-N2rock wrote: »

Get this all the time. Join a clean server everything’s Hokey Cokey them you can feel it going down hill as the high pingers stack up.
    Hit detection goes down hill and they soak bullets.
    Takes a few to send it down hill but they seem to join in large numbers. Why aren’t the in their own region.
  • NitroBullet300
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah noticed it doing the unlock assignments for the TUTD DLC.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i don't notice these on xbox live, but ps4 is aweful for bullet sponging
  • IIRogueMachineII
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it’s still feels weird. Nearly every server I’ve joined for the last week has included 5 or 6 100, 200+ pings. Whilst mine is 30. Been one or to times where bullets haven’t registered.
  • creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yup.
    Been pumping rounds into folk only to find that they have taken no damage.
    To make it worse, you can actually see them flinch from each round, so the game IS acknowledging impact of the rounds, just not registering any damage.

What gives?!
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hit detection has so much to do with the server you have joined and the bullet sponge people who have the sweet connection at that particular time.
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    real tiring watching th same guy get amazing kd while eating my shotgun blasts point blank..such amazing skills
  • tytlyf33
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    real tiring watching th same guy get amazing kd while eating my shotgun blasts point blank..such amazing skills
    I think some of the shotguns got a nerf. I like to use the 12Factory and it feels half as strong. You can also hear the individual pellets. Something going on
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    tytlyf33 wrote: »
    I think some of the shotguns got a nerf. I like to use the 12Factory and it feels half as strong. You can also hear the individual pellets. Something going on

Yep, I get this all the time, sounds like I'm being hit by a automatico, I've even had it where I get the kill, his body drops and then his gun fires after the kill confirmation
  • digga11
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    tytlyf33 wrote: »

Yep, I get this all the time, sounds like I'm being hit by a automatico, I've even had it where I get the kill, his body drops and then his gun fires after the kill confirmation

When’s it’s bad a lot of hits sound like a Dj scratching a record in fast forward.
    I think it’s been worse due to server load over Xmas.
    Keep your eye on the server tick rate I’ve been seeing it climb when I have issues.
    Post edited by digga11 on
  • juhmu
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's not a bug when shotgun sounds like an automatico :D they add this feature so you can hear pellets hitting you.. Same as you feel when bullets are hitting
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    juhmu wrote: »
    It's not a bug when shotgun sounds like an automatico :D they add this feature so you can hear pellets hitting you.. Same as you feel when bullets are hitting

So why do they fire after they've been killed?
  • MurfCr
    1028 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    I shot a scout 5 times the other day for him to die. The 5 shots were 15m or closer, 3 with the FQhill then 2 more with the auto revolver to finally drop him. I shot him twice, he ducked behind a wall, I followed hit him one more time and he turned another corner. I rounded that corner with the revolver and needed to dump 2 rounds in him to drop him.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MurfCr wrote: »
    I shot a scout 5 times the other day for him to die. The 5 shots were 15m or closer, 3 with the FQhill then 2 more with the auto revolver to finally drop him. I shot him twice, he ducked behind a wall, I followed hit him one more time and he turned another corner. I rounded that corner with the revolver and needed to dump 2 rounds in him to drop him.

FQHill is very inaccurate. It's a glorified sweeper.
  • dICEHOUSE
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    MurfCr wrote: »

FQHill is very inaccurate. It's a glorified sweeper.

Not ADS at a close range its not. Bout' the only time it's actually even effective.
This discussion has been closed.