What is up with the hit detection

Comments

• VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dICEHOUSE wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    MurfCr wrote: »
    I shot a scout 5 times the other day for him to die. The 5 shots were 15m or closer, 3 with the FQhill then 2 more with the auto revolver to finally drop him. I shot him twice, he ducked behind a wall, I followed hit him one more time and he turned another corner. I rounded that corner with the revolver and needed to dump 2 rounds in him to drop him.

FQHill is very inaccurate. It's a glorified sweeper.

Not ADS at a close range its not. Bout' the only time it's actually even effective.

It all depends how it is used. Compared to the top used self loading rifles, it has much more spread. Would be great to see the video of the instance. There was a similar complaint about a month ago from a different person. He posted a vid of the clip which easily showed why he didn't get any hitmarkers.

After the AA nerf along with many spamming self loading rifles, surprised there are not more of these threads.
  • RRedux
    668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hit detection varies from server to server in my experience. I can be playing on one server, shooting people, getting kills etc. Then I switch server, and suddenly its like 50% of the bullets fired from my gun are made of paper and disappear into the wind. Then on the next server, its back to normal again.

It doesn't even seem to be affected by my ping, it just randomly varies from server to server, for reasons I do not understand.
  • lapalfan
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was on a great server last night, played about 4 games and it was great. I never complained when I died.

Then for 1.5 games on Argonne Forest and Fort Veux (Sp) it was ruddy awful. I was using a shotty on Argonne (the swedish thing) and at one point, a guy ran out of a door I was entering, I had literally nothing but his body to hit (it filled my screen), I shot and nothing happened and he killed me.

So then I got the mp18 trench out and was on D, looking down toward the tunnel to E, a guy had his back to me, I shot him (3-5 round bursts) and spent around 25 bullets, he turned around and headshot me with the Mondragon. He should never had lived to turn around. Then I got the machinegun pistol thing out and did marginally better, but nothing to shout about. I was livid. Then after that game, about 1/3 of the way through Fort Veux (Sp) it was glorious again.

I have absolutely no idea how so much can change with regards to hit detection as it did in that one game - I now realise why some people moan so much because honestly, I very rarely have any issues with hit detection, very very rarely. I mean yea, it's annoying when you get killed by someone with a 150+ ping, but last night I was looking at the people who killed me and the average ping was about 60-70 - so nothing too out of the ordinary.

Was a very frustrating experience.
  • digga11
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018
    lapalfan wrote: »
    I was on a great server last night, played about 4 games and it was great. I never complained when I died.

Then for 1.5 games on Argonne Forest and Fort Veux (Sp) it was ruddy awful. I was using a shotty on Argonne (the swedish thing) and at one point, a guy ran out of a door I was entering, I had literally nothing but his body to hit (it filled my screen), I shot and nothing happened and he killed me.

So then I got the mp18 trench out and was on D, looking down toward the tunnel to E, a guy had his back to me, I shot him (3-5 round bursts) and spent around 25 bullets, he turned around and headshot me with the Mondragon. He should never had lived to turn around. Then I got the machinegun pistol thing out and did marginally better, but nothing to shout about. I was livid. Then after that game, about 1/3 of the way through Fort Veux (Sp) it was glorious again.

I have absolutely no idea how so much can change with regards to hit detection as it did in that one game - I now realise why some people moan so much because honestly, I very rarely have any issues with hit detection, very very rarely. I mean yea, it's annoying when you get killed by someone with a 150+ ping, but last night I was looking at the people who killed me and the average ping was about 60-70 - so nothing too out of the ordinary.

Was a very frustrating experience.

Ive found the servers to be a bit funky these past few days tbh, a bit more wtf moments than usual with the hit detection. There’s quite a few other people on EA,s site reporting issues aswell.
    So if you’ve checked stuff at your end I’d just do a bit of server hopping untill you find one that’s ok.
  • Ronin9572
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I shot a scout 5 times the other day for him to die. The 5 shots were 15m or closer, 3 with the FQhill then 2 more with the auto revolver to finally drop him. I shot him twice, he ducked behind a wall, I followed hit him one more time and he turned another corner. I rounded that corner with the revolver and needed to dump 2 rounds in him to drop him.

Tell me about it! Been trying to unlock the optical version and I need 25 head shots. To say the least it hasn't been accurate at all. Hell I'm even having issues get hit a close range! Not sure why so many ppl tout this gun, but I'm sure its me that's not good with it.
  • digga11
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Tell me about it! Been trying to unlock the optical version and I need 25 head shots. To say the least it hasn't been accurate at all. Hell I'm even having issues get hit a close range! Not sure why so many ppl tout this gun, but I'm sure its me that's not good with it.

Different ball game when you’ve got the optical.
    Pace your shots right and it’s quite a good gun with a large mag. I also find knowing the time to run and when to gun is critical. The new ttk patch will improve the spread for this and other medic guns.
  • Ronin9572
    783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

Different ball game when you’ve got the optical.
    Pace your shots right and it’s quite a good gun with a large mag. I also find knowing the time to run and when to gun is critical. The new ttk patch will improve the spread for this and other medic guns.

I'm no scaredy, but I'm not and idiot either (well try not to be,lol) I've heard better things about the optical version, so I want to try it out. Thanks for the input, much appreciated!
  • WetFishDB
    1962 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not ADS at a close range its not. Bout' the only time it's actually even effective.

It all depends how it is used. Compared to the top used self loading rifles, it has much more spread. Would be great to see the video of the instance. There was a similar complaint about a month ago from a different person. He posted a vid of the clip which easily showed why he didn't get any hitmarkers.

After the AA nerf along with many spamming self loading rifles, surprised there are not more of these threads.

Its actually one of my favourite medic guns. Not the quickest TTK, not the largest mag, but it has a reasonable TTK, and a reasonable mag. Its currently my highest KPM primary.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed some bad hit detection recently. Legitimate bullet sponges.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Its actually one of my favourite medic guns. Not the quickest TTK, not the largest mag, but it has a reasonable TTK, and a reasonable mag. Its currently my highest KPM primary.

I actually prefer the sweeper.
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really enjoy this game, but the gunplay/hitreg for me is inconsistent and unpredictable. Really very frustrating.
  • AngelofMirth1
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Another game where a few guys I am playing against kill you with the minimum and I can't get damn damage on them when I am peeking a wall and shoot them dead on. There are TOO MANY dead spots and by that I mean places where you shoot from and your shots don't register as hitting at all. I am talking about using cover and peeking over the top and having a clear target and you put your shots on centre mass and you get no reward for it.

I just quit a game because this was happening too frequently, when you are playing against Hellriegel sliders who are bullet sponging and killing with the minimum effort and in return are very difficult to kill then the game becomes a joke.

Since release people have been exploiting the Hellriegel and its ridiculous magazine size and low recoil and the roller skate knee slide..It is soooo cheesy. Dice will you do something about this please. This and your dodgy hit reg and sometimes this game becomes a farce.
  • Rufusw5
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A load of people complaining about the FQH on here, it's a great gun but you really need to stand still and time your shots, if you do that it's incredible.

I find these days the servers are highly inconsistent. Matchmaking doesn't seem to work very well, more often than not one team absolutely railroads the other. I've also noticed the servers with high pingers in are the worst. I don't know how or why.

The last patch in general confuses me, I've seen people take 4 hits with the FQH and run away at mid range.. the sweeper is mentally unstable and no good for anything. The Helriegel has much higher recoil, but is still reasonably capable at mid range once you get used to burst firing, which although I love, doesn't seem fair.

The bayonet charge is just stupid, the amount of times I've turned around and opened fire to watch him just give up while the opponent is still 10 feet away!

The grenade spam seems worse than ever.

The lower ttk and slowed down ads time with greater recoil penalties for support has led to a lot slower pace with much more hiding, it feels less fun.

I love the game, It just frustrates me when I get an entire night of bad servers. All I want is a server with a kick for ping over 50ms and mixed maps, except the Russian DLC maps. I just don't like any of them.

• RussianPorcupine
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Terrible. Enough Said
  • digga11
    Terrible. Enough Said

Even allowing for the new FPS drop bug the hit detection has taken a big downhill turn it’s truly shocking right now.
  • DAVIDR1978
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Until quantum entanglement networking is a thing we'll just have to put up with it coz the developers cant get it configured to work 24/7 as everyones ping fluctuates so they use geolocation to configure it. They guys in here who dont seem to think it exists are either too dumb to notice it or they always have the advantage in gunfights.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6408 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You know you can start a new thread instead of reviving a thread thats over a year old.
  • Forkbeard84
    1540 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yay another necro!
  • DAVIDR1978
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    for the record i didnt pay any attention to or read the final post date on here but thanks for enlightening me of my crimes. Is my grammar up to your standards too?  I'd hate to trigger you kind gents any further.
  • BaronVonGoon
    @LOLGotYerTags sir we shall require a padlock or dead bolt.
This discussion has been closed.