Elitism in the battlefield community

12346»

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    robmcewen wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    To be fair, every gaming/game community that pertains to a specific game or franchise are toxic and full of elitism. That's how humanity works itself. The world is full of toxic, self-centered, and Elitist individuals, so why would every gaming community not be the same?

Go to the PUBG, Overwatch, or Rainbow 6 forums and you'll see the same crap.

Even in places like this where people are actively scolded or banned for elitism or bringing up stats - there are still those that throw in elitism and pompousness in underhanded ways that circumvent the guidelines and go unnoticed by moderators.

You'd think those old enough to create an account and create threads about this topic on a gaming forum would already have enough life experience to know that you'll always run into people that think they're demi-gods (skill or knowledge wise) at their preferred hobbies or interests, and who look down upon anyone that disagrees with them or are not as "good" as they are.

The truly funny thing is that people like that are talking about video games (in this case), which beyond being a professional player or streamer is a completely pointless pastime that ultimately means nothing at all - yet they use your in-game performance and whether or not you agree with their opinions as a measure of your worth when it comes to a video game that thousands of teenagers play.
    After a year break, I started playing r6s again. It took me about two weeks to get my bearings. Like bf1, I was absolutely atrocious at the beginning and it took me a long time to become decent/good. My stats do not look good as a result.

One player begins talking, but I did not respond. He looks up my stats and determined that I wasn’t good enough, so he talks **** and tells the other players to kick me. He was probably 18-20 years old, so I remained quiet. His two friends voted, but the other player did not. He said, if you don’t kick teknocode then we are killing you when the round starts. I got booted.

The real world elitist in me wanted to turn on my mic to talk about careers, but I digress...

OMFG DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE TOXIC CESSPOOL THAT IS SIEGE

Amount of times ive been intentionally TKed and vote kicked props should entitle me to a refund because I literally couldn't play the game. And the hilarious thing is that it was just casual. God people get so sweaty tryhard yet come Ranked they are just frighten little kids who'll do the same things because you didn't single handily win a 1v5 situation yet themselves are total trash.

I must've touched someones nerve because there are a few players that insta vote kicked me if i happen to matchmake into their team; not even kidding. I'm not toxic, i don't tk, i dont vote kick, i usually pick an op within the last 5 seconds so i avoid picking someones main or something and i don't use my mic let alone trash talk so i've got no idea where its coming from.

I * HATE PEOPLE WHO JUST TK EVERYONE/HOSTAGE. God they are the worst. One of my theories is they have to go/mum told them to get off the xbox so because they can't play they ruin it for everyone else too. SO * FRUSTRATING WAITING FOR A MATCH (especially TH) only to have some * do that.

The best tk ive had so far is loading into a match 0-2 and getting put on losing team. They are attacking and i get loaded in with 5 seconds to go. IQ isnt taken so i grab her (everyone else already had chosen). No sooner then one second out of the drone phase i get domed by a teammate. I message him asking why; "my friend told me to do it" ask why again "you took his IQ"

So this guy is so salty that someone picked 'his' operator (even though himself not picking it) that he messages his mate to tk me as soon as we finish droning. HMMM.
    Needless to say they lost and i reported them for tk and toxic behaviour.

Siege has its good moments and such but the community is downright the worst. Rivals even that of Dota/LoL

So you wouldn't recommend R6 siege then.
    I love r6s. If you solo, it sucks sometimes. It’s amazing with 2+ of your mates.

It looks good but I don't think it would match me and my friend's style of gameplay which is a charge straight in and see what happens why did we all get killed? sort of thing.
    Some people do that. Some also do it on defense, ie, run out and just wipe the attackers. Try it during the next free weekend.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To be fair, every gaming/game community that pertains to a specific game or franchise are toxic and full of elitism. That's how humanity works itself. The world is full of toxic, self-centered, and Elitist individuals, so why would every gaming community not be the same?

Even in places like this where people are actively scolded or banned for elitism or bringing up stats - there are still those that throw in elitism and pompousness in underhanded ways that circumvent the guidelines and go unnoticed by moderators.

You'd think those old enough to create an account and create threads about this topic on a gaming forum would already have enough life experience to know that you'll always run into people that think they're demi-gods (skill or knowledge wise) at their preferred hobbies or interests, and who look down upon anyone that disagrees with them or are not as "good" as they are.

The truly funny thing is that people like that are talking about video games (in this case), which beyond being a professional player or streamer is a completely pointless pastime that ultimately means nothing at all - yet they use your in-game performance and whether or not you agree with their opinions as a measure of your worth when it comes to a video game that thousands of teenagers play.
    After a year break, I started playing r6s again. It took me about two weeks to get my bearings. Like bf1, I was absolutely atrocious at the beginning and it took me a long time to become decent/good. My stats do not look good as a result.

One player begins talking, but I did not respond. He looks up my stats and determined that I wasn’t good enough, so he talks **** and tells the other players to kick me. He was probably 18-20 years old, so I remained quiet. His two friends voted, but the other player did not. He said, if you don’t kick teknocode then we are killing you when the round starts. I got booted.

The real world elitist in me wanted to turn on my mic to talk about careers, but I digress...

Amount of times ive been intentionally TKed and vote kicked props should entitle me to a refund because I literally couldn't play the game. And the hilarious thing is that it was just casual. God people get so sweaty tryhard yet come Ranked they are just frighten little kids who'll do the same things because you didn't single handily win a 1v5 situation yet themselves are total trash.

I must've touched someones nerve because there are a few players that insta vote kicked me if i happen to matchmake into their team; not even kidding. I'm not toxic, i don't tk, i dont vote kick, i usually pick an op within the last 5 seconds so i avoid picking someones main or something and i don't use my mic let alone trash talk so i've got no idea where its coming from.

I * HATE PEOPLE WHO JUST TK EVERYONE/HOSTAGE. God they are the worst. One of my theories is they have to go/mum told them to get off the xbox so because they can't play they ruin it for everyone else too. SO * FRUSTRATING WAITING FOR A MATCH (especially TH) only to have some * do that.

The best tk ive had so far is loading into a match 0-2 and getting put on losing team. They are attacking and i get loaded in with 5 seconds to go. IQ isnt taken so i grab her (everyone else already had chosen). No sooner then one second out of the drone phase i get domed by a teammate. I message him asking why; "my friend told me to do it" ask why again "you took his IQ"

So this guy is so salty that someone picked 'his' operator (even though himself not picking it) that he messages his mate to tk me as soon as we finish droning. HMMM.

Siege has its good moments and such but the community is downright the worst. Rivals even that of Dota/LoL

I would recommend it just prepare for the community

With mates it's a blast (played with Tek a few times)

I love r6s. If you solo, it sucks sometimes. It’s amazing with 2+ of your mates.

It looks good but I don't think it would match me and my friend's style of gameplay which is a charge straight in and see what happens why did we all get killed? sort of thing.

You can do that it and has a 50/50 chance of working (catch defenders off guard)

~

I'm medicore at best and Capitão is props one of the worst attackers in the game

• skates15
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its just this people have sway like youtubers etc dice might just listen to them because there vocal or something and change the game

DICE tracks every bit of meta from each and every game. Do you think they really give a crap about what some youtuber says when they have a cloud full of metadata to influence them? Don't worry about things like this, it's just a game. Don't sweat the small stuff and just have some fun.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In other Games you have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ too.

Normaly i just Play PS4 but i bought Red Orchestra Vietnam for PC. Believe people are really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ there. Sure you find nice ones too but people kill you (teammates) because they want to have have you class. Oh and Special If you are new they are really unfriendly.
  • woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Some people do that. Some also do it on defense, ie, run out and just wipe the attackers. Try it during the next free weekend.

That only works on lower ranks(or casual) though, the higher you climb the more meta and "hide and peek" it gets.

• woll3
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 2018
    *deleted because of a weird double post bug.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    woll3 wrote: »

That only works on lower ranks(or casual) though, the higher you climb the more meta and "hide and peek" it gets.

Who plays ranked? It’s all doucheholes.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah lol I see high ranks (like that means anything other than playtime) rush all the time.

I forgot how but I was watching a pro league match and my god it was bad. They had rushers, Hibana and Bandit got into a little 1v1 with both missing all their shots and then proceeding to play the knife dance for 15 seconds. The play I witnessed was akin to FNGs not "pros"
  • Dogwoggle11
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2018

Yeah lol I see high ranks (like that means anything other than playtime) rush all the time.

I forgot how but I was watching a pro league match and my god it was bad. They had rushers, Hibana and Bandit got into a little 1v1 with both missing all their shots and then proceeding to play the knife dance for 15 seconds. The play I witnessed was akin to FNGs not "pros"

To be fair, the game itself encourages a rushing playstyle. It is far from what it was at launch, and from what was advertised.
  • crabman169

To be fair, the game itself encourages a rushing playstyle. It is far from what it was at launch, and from what was advertised.

Operators like Ash (and her non existent Hitbox) do encourage that but there are defenders such as Cav which are counters.

I liked the slow methodical approach where it was literally who had the counter set up and how good was the Defense (e.g. Sledge vs castle walls, thermite and reinforcements and mute against everything)

Now it's real washout; sometimes you'll get a siege match other times it's search and Destory COD style
  • KermitJ
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Prep768 wrote: »
    Hands up who gives a [hoot] what Level Cap says?
    Anyone?

Hey is that a legitimate email in your sig? What would happen if I sent an email? I dont wanna waste my time if its not.

Hey if we don't share opinions that cool! If we do share opinions that cool too! Either way Awesome I have enough kindness to respect you either way! Really dont care much either way.

If levelcap getting p[aid for his opinions? If he is how much he making? Never paid any attention to that crud anyhow just dont care I always find something I enjoy in a game. Like Dice's battlefront 1 played closed alpha/bet and open beta up until the death star dlc. Stopped when they gave the perk systems a complete overhaul kinda lost interest afterwards and my playtime became spotty and then later non existent.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This.
    I picked it up a month ago, really enjoy it playing with friends, but solo, its not even that good imo.
    Makes a massive difference playing with friends.
  • WetFishDB
    2332 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Granathar wrote: »
    Temp1st wrote: »
    Let's not forget Lvlcap trashed on the skill cannon SLR's (Seb06/RSC/AL8) and said Seb16 was the best SLR in the game for the longest time..

Let that sink in.

Umm, it's probably because Seb06/RSC/AL8 are not the best weapons by any means and few elitists touching their **** to them because of their magdump'n'run tactics will not change it. They are just not this good as people claim and I will always say that. Saying that Seb06/RSC/AL8 are best is like saying that Maschinenpistole M1912 is best weapon for Assault because MUH LOW TTK DUHHHH.

Nobody uses it, and I still find Automatico better, because it has a little bit higher TTK, but larger magazine and faster reload making you more versatile and resistant to multiple enemies encounters. And I still think that Hellriegel is actually better than Automatico - because again, you sacrifice raw optimistic TTK for larger mag and better ADS accuracy so you can be more effective mid-range. Hellriegel actually leaves you with chance of winning against Support and Medic outside extreme CQC - and that saved me a LOT of times, that's why I prefer Hellriegel over Automatico. Raw TTK is not everything.

And best SLR all-round is Farquhar Hill Optical. I have 2.9 KPM with it, 15 **** so far. It's not the king of CQC but I win with it quite a lot of times actually and makes you dangerous at every distance due to it's damage model and bullet velocity. But most importantly - it has pretty large mag. When I see like 3 guys going out of the trenches - I kill 2 of them before the 3rd one notices me, and due to it's pretty good midrange TTK I kill the 3rd guy too most of the times. With AL8 it's probably better idea to run away after noticing them because you will kill one of them and others won't let you run away. So stand and fight for 1/1 KD or run away with 0/0, while FH will make you 2/1 or even 3/0 in the same situation, because you don't even have to think about what to do - you just open fire immediatly without wasting time knowing that you won't run out of ammo.

I waste less time reloading so I have time to actually revive people and drop them health pouches, because it won't interrupt my eternal reload. I had many situations where AL 8 forced me to decide - run away while reloading or run away while reviving the guy, because I have no ammo and enemy just noticed me. With FH I just fire back at the guy, drop health pouch for myself and revive the guy after that while wasting ZERO time for reloading and being able to defend myself all the damn time. Also FH leaves me margin of error that also helps in survival, it's faster to fire another bullet than to switch to sidearm.

"Skillcannons" are crap for agressive, dynamic players that don't like to waste 3/4 of their playtime on reloading the gun while dead and injured allies are laying around. Cutting 100 ms in TTK is just not worth all the downsides that come solely from low ammo capacity.

II could not agree more with this, except with your choice of all rounder!

I've extensively used (several service stars with all medic weapons, and most of them with 3* plus and 8 medic weapons with 10* or more) all the medic rifles and 850 medic hours.

I totally agree with the points you make about the trade off of TTK and the extra mag capacity. Especially if (like you and me), you are think in the heart of the action. I would also add an additional point: I think that the downside of missing a moving target with a skill cannon is very large and often results in your death. For the reasons that you state, I use the Selby Marksman as a primary and when I playing CQM maps, Suez, Argonne or Fort De Vaux, I will switch to AL Extended, , F/Q Hill Optical or Federov Optical, dependent on my mood.

As many here know, I like my stats, and so for the last few days, I decided to have some gaming sessions where I played only Skill cannons. For example, I restricted my play in games to the 1906, AL MarksMan, RSC and took a note of my kills and K/D ratio.

In the games that I noted where I had my preferred Selby Marksman or A/L Ext - My K/D was always 3.00+ and I AVERAGED nearly 36 kills per game of conquest with a peak of 54 kills.

In the games with there skill cannons, my K/D dropped on EVERY game to sub 3.00 (in the range 1.8 to 3.00), In addition my kills per game dropped to 27 kills per game. I only once managed 40 kills in a round. The exception was Fort De Vaux - I was consistently killing more, but sometime with a relatively terrible K/D ranging down to 1.3.....

This is a huge degradation in performance in percentage terms. Conclusion: I'll still use the skill cannons for fun, to test myself, from time to time but my "go-to" weapons are now pretty well defined.

Game mode also matters. Domination is very fast paced and TTK is ,much more important. I also believe there is is higher percentage of skilled players playing that game mode (just my feeling, no evidence). The Selby Marksman stays in the armoury and there I happily switch to faster TTK weapons.

There may be an elite of players like @ProLegion_exor and @WetFishDB @The_BERG_366 berg that have the accuracy and reactions to make a skill cannons work. But we are talking about exceptional players. I think for us mere mortals, other guns are far more forgiving and optimise performance.

This has been an interesting thread for us medics......Some good debate.

Thanks for the hat tip, not sure I fit in amongst those guys though ;) Actually quite liking the Farquhar Optical at the moment. Taking on groups is so much easier with it if you are on your own. It might, might, be one of my go-to guns after finally getting 100 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ with the Autoloading Marksman.