Most hated thing in Battlefield 1?

Comments

• 1903_Dark_Eagle
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »
    :lol: the salt is brilliant.

Here's a plan, let's all have a good meltdown over something dice intended to be in the game :lol:

So DICE intended for camping morons and cancerous grenade spam?

Did they add long range scopes?
    There's your answer.

As for your stupid cancerous comment, the only moron here is you.

I see, so you're one of THOSE idiots. Please tell me how "long range scopes" are able to kill someone lying on the ground in a freaking tower that is surrounded by cover.

Yeah that's right. It's time to silence yourself.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    :lol: the salt is brilliant.

Here's a plan, let's all have a good meltdown over something dice intended to be in the game :lol:

So DICE intended for camping morons and cancerous grenade spam?

Did they add long range scopes?
    There's your answer.

As for your stupid cancerous comment, the only moron here is you.

I see, so you're one of THOSE idiots. Please tell me how "long range scopes" are able to kill someone lying on the ground in a freaking tower that is surrounded by cover.

Yeah that's right. It's time to silence yourself.

Pretty sure I was talking about camping snipers, hence long range scopes, so who's the idiot now? I'll give you a clue, its not me ;)

Have reading problems, to go with the rest of your problems?

Yeah that's right, its time to silence yourself.
  • Professor_Mayhem
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    The OP is asking for ONE thing?!? Only ONE?!? Just off the top of my head here are a few. The scoring system is a constant, slow burning irritant. I'm unable to join on friends reliably even when I'm in the same party. Team balancing is non-existent (if anything it's gotten worse since the TTK 2.0 patch). Server browser has no idea what the number of openings in a match really is. Quickmatch regularly places you in servers that are OOR. Lately the end-of-round screens (highlights, etc.) no longer work reliably. My soldier can mantle a 20-foot wall, but gets stuck on a small rock.

And this is without considering "features " of the game. (Obviously, this is IMO.) Whoever thought any of the following were good ideas needs to be sent to work in the mail room: letting players slide , elite classes, behemoths.

Meanwhile, the developers found the time to implement the TTK 2.0 patch, which few people, other than YouTube personalities, even wanted.

/endrant

The game is great in so many ways that when it fails it's all the more infuriating.
  • Ben_Schotalot
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    The new Conquest scoring system, Elite classes (CoD wannabees), rewarding losing with behemoths, broken quick match, lack of servers in certain areas of the world resulting in tons of OOR players populating NA servers, inconsistent mantling (you can hurdle a wall but you get your d**k stuck on a pebble), inability to join friends even when invited (have to enter server # in server browser), splitting community with Premium, unbalanced teams, the breadth of stats tracked in Battlefield companion sucks compared to Battlelog... And last but not least: Fixing things that don't need fixing while ignoring things that do need fixing (e.g., implementing TTK 2.0 while leaving all the other issues unaddressed). I love the game ... love the series... but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Changed my mind. All the above pale in comparison to the stutter bug introduced with the Apocalypse DLC which renders the game unplayable.
    Post edited by Ben_Schotalot on
  • tytlyf33
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    vaulting small objects, getting stuck over and over. Nothing more annoying than dying because of this nonsense.
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new Conquest scoring system, Elite classes (CoD wannabees), rewarding losing with behemoths, broken quick match, lack of servers in certain areas of the world resulting in tons of OOR players populating NA servers, inconsistent mantling (you can hurdle a wall but you get your d**k stuck on a pebble), inability to join friends even when invited (have to enter server # in server browser), splitting community with Premium, unbalanced teams, the breadth of stats tracked in Battlefield companion sucks compared to Battlelog... And last but not least: Fixing things that don't need fixing while ignoring things that do need fixing (e.g., implementing TTK 2.0 while leaving all the other issues unaddressed). I love the game ... love the series... but there's a lot of room for improvement.

oor is a problem every where
  • L3thal1tyHD
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hate it when the game spawns you right in front of an enemy (infranty and/or vehicles). It wasn't like that before. Sucks!
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate it when the game spawns you right in front of an enemy (infranty and/or vehicles). It wasn't like that before. Sucks!

It's been like that since day one. Lost count of how many times I've spawned in front of or behind enemies.

I was once team switched while alive and running with a bunch of teammates. Then I was suddenly gunned down by them.
  • edwardsavenue
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PEOPLE NOT USING THE BEHEMOTHS CORRECTLY...flying or sailing to the edge of the map and getting destroyed immediately.
  • Mortimertokill
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People who rush the balcony on Ballroom Blitz small and snipe there the entire round.

How is that fun?

How did I even forget about that. Those guys are cancerous. I especially love the ones that set up a bipod right next to the ladder and just shoot your feet when you're coming up.

Great play, guys. Much skill, many kills. Wow.

Easy targets in my opinion. I learned to properly angle and bounce my grenades through that roof opening. Gotten a few unexpected kills that way, even more so because they lay their tripwires and my grenades make everything go BOOM!
  • sky-scanner82
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bad map design and spawn traps. both teams in a spawn trap tend to not enjoy the game.
  • sky-scanner82
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    Laggers. Especially people who purposely play OOR and lag up everyone else's games. Tried 3 times to play this morning only to have laggers over 130+ ping lagging up the game.... makes it virtually cruddy play for those of us smart enough to play in our own region!

"Get outta my lawn!"

• SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The balcony doesnt really doesnt bother me on conquest

But what I'll never understand is why on frontlines it's a capture area, it completely ruins that mode on that map, it's basically whoever gets that top wins the flag and the next flag either side

Another thing that I hate about this game, is when you play with ACE squad, and then they all decided to jump sides to balance the game, and leave u hagpnging on your own

Cheers guys...........I'll just chew the fat on me own over here

In frontlines comp (which is 8v8) on that map the balcony used to be allowed. You had games where the very best teams were drawing games because they couldn't get the 8 average guys off it.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 2018
    Gaming_SMK wrote: »

But what I'll never understand is why on frontlines it's a capture area, it completely ruins that mode on that map, it's basically whoever gets that top wins the flag and the next flag either side

Another thing that I hate about this game, is when you play with ACE squad, and then they all decided to jump sides to balance the game, and leave u hagpnging on your own

In frontlines comp (which is 8v8) on that map the balcony used to be allowed. You had games where the very best teams were drawing games because they couldn't get the 8 average guys off it.

Yeh we/I banned it in our 16v16 frontlines league, for this very reason
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2018
    Gaming_SMK wrote: »

Yeh we/I banned it in our 16v16 frontlines league, for this very reason

Yeah wise choice. What you ended up having to do was deliberately lose the C flag and hope they come off it to get to the next one, then you keep a few players on C and try to take B or D with 5/6 players against 8. But some teams just kept 8 players up there all game, so nothing you could do then.
  • zoinkersScoob
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just realised a few more things I really, really hate.

The premium-thing.

Please, it is only bad.

Make the game slightly more expensive if you feel you have to but cut this crap.

Next up on my hate-list is the ”early access”-thing.
    The maps released ealier than the DLC always gets played into repetative boredom.

A two-map-circulation? Seriosly?
    Or like you did with the Russian maps, a one-map-circ....repetition?

It’s a great way to destroy a map.

But then again, there are way many more things I like about the game than there are things I hate.

• shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't hate anything other people do. If you want to sit in a corner and shoot people as they run past, it's your game, do what makes you happy. If you want to sit half a mile from the enemy blasting away have fun. I don't recognise camping as anything other than I useful tatic for sprinkling salt into the mind of the enemy thus making them easier to kill.

What I do hate about this game is the deterioration in the quality of it and the relentless money making schemes employed by Dice. The game is garbage compared to what it used to be. The servers are far more random and strange things happen constantly, every game where it used to be once a week. They constantly buff the medic class and nerf the other classes in subtle ways. Scout has only been nerfed, oh apart from now they've got two lethal tripwire bombs. Great! Tripwire bombing my enemies to death makes me feel like such a hero.

They pander to casual gamers with bad set ups at the expense of their biggest fans and hardcore gamers. Put the time in, get good at the game and we'll change the rules every couple of months to make it easier for unskilled or high lag players to kill you.

All the changes suck. I understand the AA nerf was necessary however when you've put hours in as a scout learning how to utilise the AA it does annoy you. All the little buffs and nerfs, just irritating. This TTK2 thing is horrible, nothing but a massive buff to the already OP medic class. What on earth did the do to the machinpistol? Brand new weapon, already boardline useless but I like it, put the time in, learn to empty it instead of hitting reload - next update, I don't know the stats but it seems to have about three times as much recoil! They've create a new weapon then a month later they turn it into an absolute basket case. Can I have my 12 quid back please?

The ultimate irony is they haven't got any competition, they're isn't another video game that interests me. So I'll persevere with this until the next battlefield comes out way things stand. However, if another company brings out a decent fps I'll jump ship without a second thought. This is the first battlefield I've invested time in and I've got to say this company gives me the creeps big time. I had nothing but admiration for Activision when I used to play their games.
  • Daallaass09
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Should be on the packaging and websites .

to play BF1 2016-2018 game you need $150 for game (price reduction will be offered periodically depending on sales and profit reports as well as continued online usage) a ps4 pro or xbone or win10 $1000+ pc, Sony membership(relevant online membership), wired connection,1gb internet connection (need to test and report multiple times to ip to confirm you have no speed probs at your end) , $150+ router, m&kb and a +$150 headphones. you will however not get a full complete game. until ???(development ongoing).and ADDED content sold separately and not integrated with other players. of course expect ongoing network and server issues depending on server location (list server location,60hz) and so forth

still not funny. it is 2018

we have laws in our country about selling products with such practices.

not to mention Sony!!!!! should be reviewing your performances and guaranteeing their members have what they need to use their products purchased on their website. me being able to log into a server dose not count to being able to play or use the product.

Dice/Ea have absorbed some competent staff and no doubt some hard workers with average marketing skills but are controlled by the jokers. laughing all the way to the bank on the gravy train until they sell off and move on when people go bye bye. unfortunately so so many people are prepared to pay for mediocrity but you can not patch stupid.

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognises genius

rant over peace out
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 2.0. I stopped playing.
  • Surfiveor
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Without a doubt it's how Battlefield makes joining your friend or platoon member's game harder than rocket science.

Here is a common scenario: I will join a friend who is on, say Conquest at Dao Fortress. I wait for 15 minutes in the Queue, only to find out I've been put into a Conquest match at Argonne Forest, to which my friend is NOWHERE to be found. So I leave and go back to the main menu, and try once more to join. But there is no join button for some reason, and I hassle my friend for an invite. Once he sends it, I click "join session" only to be given an error message reading something like: "You've lost connection with the server."

I swear man for such a beautiful game EA always finds a way to mess up stuff.