Who is in favor of the new TTK?

dj4047
381 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
As I'm sure most of ya'll have already seen, when the last 2 Turning Tides maps launch later this month, the new TTK will also be active. I feel in the minority that it is not necessary. I feel like all weapons have strengths and weaknesses and I personally have success with all classes. To me I never feel like the gun I'm using needs a higher TTK. Thoughts/Opinions?

Comments

• skates15
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    let's see how it goes.
  • von_Campenstein
    3546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They shouldnt change basic stuff 1,5 years after release. Fix the bugs,give us challenges,buff cav and otherwise leave the game as it is.

They already did with movement and that being so the gameplay has changed enough for there to be no need for shorter TTK.
  • SlugSniper
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Do you know if the M1903X got a buff as well? It'll need it.
  • vcm0x
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 9
    They shouldnt change basic stuff 1,5 years after release.

i look at it this way -- because this is a big change, it'll feel like the game is brand new because i have to re-learn all the guns again so in a way i'm in favor of it.
  • Gforce81
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm holding my opinion until I can play it and see how it actually affects the game

But I'm not optimistic. This is a BIG change to be making this late into the cycle of the game. I don't feel the TTK needed to be lowered in the first place. Argue however you want, throw opinions up as much as you want; fact of the matter:

This change is upgrading 2 classes heavily (with already very forgiving weaponry), making 1 class more accurate at range with more tame recoil, and giving a big middle finger to the 4th class with no change whatsoever.

Cause a WW1 game needed to have more powerful automatic weapons. Seems legit. I'm not surprised tho.
  • von_Campenstein
    3546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    They shouldnt change basic stuff 1,5 years after release.

i look at it this way -- because this is a big change, it'll feel like the game is brand new because i have to re-learn all the guns again so in a way i'm in favor of it.

While they're at it make reloading much much slower and it will feel even more like a new game.
  • magosnow
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Absolutely not. I just want the shotgun rework but the rest is fine like it's now.
    If the change is too big and unbalanced to aggressive scouts,i might end bf1 alltogether
  • Hypnotic5493
    201 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I agree the shotguns need to be made more reliable?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    1772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    Absolutely not. I just want the shotgun rework but the rest is fine like it's now.
    If the change is too big and unbalanced to aggressive scouts,i might end bf1 alltogether

Agressive scouts are dead with this patch, my dude. Prepare to camp far away from objectives.
  • theONEFORCE
    1660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    magosnow wrote: »

Agressive scouts are dead with this patch, my dude. Prepare to camp far away from objectives.

Hopefully that's sarcasm...

Anyway. Having played with the new TTK on the CTE extensively, I can conclude that most of the people that are saying the sky is falling have no clue.
  • disposalist
    5642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I firmly on the fence. I'm against the whole idea of anything that raises the 'speed' of the game, but these changes may not have that overall effect. We'll see.

The medic gun changes sound good - SLRs need some love.
    The shotgun changes sound good - they were a bit random and weird.
    The TTK drop of the SMGs/LMGs *may* be adequately tempered by the recoil changes.

Scouts will still do what they do.
  • cso7777
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 9
    I've tried it on the CTE a couple of times. It really does not change the game that much.

Some situations are different than now, especially one on one.

Actually it makes some of the more stupid things go away. Handguns will be better balanced against LMG's/SMG's (they will be weaker). I know people want their SLR to work at all ranges, but sometimes it's illogical that you dump a lmg into another player and he kills you with an Mondragon in CQC, I know you can miss etc, so of course it can still happen..

Overall the guns still works as now and they actually make a lot of the LMG's/SMG's more interesting to play, instead of only the Automatico or the Hellriegel.

SLR's still get a buff with spread and that makes them much more consistent to use.

Aggressive scouts still have pretty good weapons MH and alternatives like it (damage wise).
  • Hypnotic5493
    201 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    cso7777 wrote: »
    I've tried it on the CTE a couple of times. It really does not change the game that much.

Actually it makes some of the more stupid things go away. Handguns will be better balanced against LMG's/SMG's (they will be weaker). I know people want their SLR to work at all ranges, but sometimes it's illogical that you dump a lmg into another player and he kills you with an Mondragon in CQC, I know you can miss etc, so of course it can still happen..

Overall the guns still works as now and they actually make a lot of the LMG's/SMG's more interesting to play, instead of only the Automatico or the Hellriegel.

SLR's still get a buff with spread and that makes them much more consistent to use.

Aggressive scouts still have pretty good weapons MH and alternatives like it (damage wise).

How is the shotgun change?
  • theONEFORCE
    1660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    cso7777 wrote: »

Wow, someone that gets it. Refreshing. So far it seems that the people that have tested it either like it or don't notice a huge change and those that hate it are guessing.
  • Dogwoggle11
    1757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not needed.
  • TankGewehr1917
    942 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m for it. The meta needs to be shaken up and guns like the Automatico and BAR are must-picks in a lot of situations. Many SLR’s and LMG’s are completely redundant and the Shotgun changes are an objective improvement.
  • BrianLocal1
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm against it, It's fine how it is.
  • MayorMarionBarry
    1487 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like the fact that I can take fire from multiple sources, duck and cover, and return fire.

Instantly dying to every gun the second someone sees you, I don't know, seems like it will be an entirely different game.

But I'm cautiously optimistic anyway. Just means new stuff to learn. And might make me retire the m1900 Slug for the MP18 permanently (1900 Slug needs a lot of pistol follow ups at mid range which requires a lower TTK to remain viable).