State of the game IMO

Stealth-Mode45
31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I doubt anyone cares but I wanted to post how i felt about BF1 lately. Hacks, exploits and balancing issues but still a fun game.

Not sure how this TTK patch will work out but I look forward to it. Ive noticed ALOT of one sided games recently. A handful of squads are running the table on servers.
Most folks I talk to don't have a squad of friends to play with...they lonewolf it mostly.

1. Mouse Macro. It REMOVES weapon recoil. Nothing Dice can do. 720k downloads.
2. See alot of scouts using carbines lately? Mostly they are using a controller with AIM-Assist on.
3. The Sliding is out of control.
4. Being Bombed by a plane 20 secs into the match is silly.
5. Folks getting the sentry kit with a medic and getting 70 kills isn't fun. Ruins the round and folks just turn the game off from my experience. Doesn't happen every match but when it does...its boring.
6. Map hacks. The most popular one is when you're spotted the icon stays on your head until you die.
7. How are folks getting 5 ping?
Again just my opinions. I'd love to see squads removed from the next Battlefield. Just have field commanders 1 on each side. They don't fight they just oversee the battle giving out orders.

Comments

• Fw-JPhysics
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you don't want to see squads then battlefield is not for you, I suggest you find an alternative first person shooter. Squad/team play is what battlefield is built upon, regardless of whether players participate or not.
  • NamelessForNow
    1248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They nerfed sliding last patch.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9100 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator

Recoil can be negated either way by learning the recoil pattern.
    2. See alot of scouts using carbines lately? Mostly they are using a controller with AIM-Assist on.
    Nothing wrong with that, Console's do not have the ability to snap aim like PC does with the higher sensitivity hardware.

3. The Sliding is out of control.
    Sliding was nerfed.

4. Being Bombed by a plane 20 secs into the match is silly.
    Frustrating yes but not really a cause for concern, I don't die to this enough to even see it is a hindrance.

5. Folks getting the sentry kit with a medic and getting 70 kills isn't fun. Ruins the round and folks just turn the game off from my experience. Doesn't happen every match but when it does...its boring.
    Again frustrating but doesn't happen often enough to be an issue personally.

6. Map hacks. The most popular one is when you're spotted the icon stays on your head until you die.
    There are multiple ways you could be spotted for it to last that long, Flares can light you up on the minimap, Eagle eyed scouts could simply be re-spotting you when the icon goes away, There is a perk which highlights you to the entire enemy team when you counter snipe somebody, Also the trench periscope.

7. How are folks getting 5 ping?
    Obviously they live relatively close to the datacentre.

Again just my opinions. I'd love to see squads removed from the next Battlefield.

Terrible idea, Squads are the staple of Battlefield, If that would be removed, It would just be another FPS with tanks etc.

• Stealth-Mode45

Again just my opinions. I'd love to see squads removed from the next Battlefield.

Terrible idea, Squads are the staple of Battlefield, If that would be removed, It would just be another FPS with tanks etc.

So your OK with the mouse Macro? Also...Squads...What % of people play this game like its meant? I say less than 20%. SO...that means the majority don't..so why have squads? I'm just giving reasons and ideas as to why this games playerbase is lower at this point in the life cycle than any other BF game to date.

• LOLGotYerTags
    9100 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator

So your OK with the mouse Macro? Also...Squads...What % of people play this game like its meant? I say less than 20%. SO...that means the majority don't..so why have squads? I'm just giving reasons and ideas as to why this games playerbase is lower at this point in the life cycle than any other BF game to date.

I didn't say that.

Plus you can't always distinguish somebody using a macro or knowing how to compensate for it.

And some mice have macro software built in, This is also something you can't distinguish.
  • Fw-JPhysics
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are always squads formed in every game, plus my friends and I always play in squads as do many others. Shall we take away ammo/medic crates, syringes, spotting, and objectives for the same reason too? Why play a squad based game if you don't want squad game play.
    -
    I dont see how your ideas have any relation to the current player base count either. I would like to see your statistics for every battlefield game to support your opinion its player base is lowest of any battlefield game at its current life cycle.
  • Adamonic
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The worst part of the game right now is the team imbalance. Recently, at least for me, it has gone to a whole new level. At least 80% of the games I join are imbalanced at the start of the round (sometimes by has many as 10 players). Before the 5 second countdown, teams need to be rebalanced with the players on the server at that time.

Joining a server mid-round is no different, one team is winning by a landslide with 10 extra players almost every time.

What I don't understand is why the server allows a player to switch to the team with more players or allow a new player joining to join the team with more players.

• Stealth-Mode45
    There are always squads formed in every game, plus my friends and I always play in squads as do many others. Shall we take away ammo/medic crates, syringes, spotting, and objectives for the same reason too? Why play a squad based game if you don't want squad game play.
    -
    I dont see how your ideas have any relation to the current player base count either. I would like to see your statistics for every battlefield game to support your opinion its player base is lowest of any battlefield game at its current life cycle.

Again I ask..What % of people play the game the way its intended? Do you think requiring squads maybe keeps folks from playing?
  • ATF_lateDENT
    238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 12
    Do you think requiring squads maybe keeps folks from playing?

How do you think that Battlefield 'requires' squads? You are not forced to join a squad. You are not automatically put into a squad when you join a server, nor you are kicked from servers for not joining squads. It is true that BF1 rewards squad and team play more than previous Battlefield games, but you are not forced to play that way. Nobody forces you to respawn on someone in your squad close to the action, you are always able to spawn in your spawn base and start going across the map.

I think you just want Battlefield to play like COD, where there are no objectives and no teamwork, just kill kill kill twitch gaming with random spawns. If you like that, go play COD, don't try to un-Battlefield this game.

• NamelessForNow
    1248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    -

Again I ask..What % of people play the game the way its intended? Do you think requiring squads maybe keeps folks from playing?

You can create your own squad and lock it. Snipers do this alot.
  • Fw-JPhysics

From observations in-game slightly less than half the players in the round play as a squad, and if you play as a squad you wouldn't want it removed. Like many other multi player games people don't aways play a game the way it was designed for, but you don't undo the game mechanics because of it. You need to make an effort to establish some contacts rather than suggest removing a feature that many people enjoy. Try joining a platoon or joining random squads, get to know people.
    -
    In fact Battlefield has always consisted of a mix of squads/lone wolves; the game has been successful so far ........ so no I don't believe squads deters/prevents people playing it.
    If you want a car that drives like a van ..... then simply buy a van. There are alternative games out there if you want CoD gameplay style.
  • -II-MaladiA-II-
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 12
    the makro is real ... they give a f.... about learn to control the mouse when they can download the makro without problems and play the brain off mode!
    he is right ...
  • TheNoobPolice
    1337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 13

You don't understand the game mechanics. BF1 has been designed cleverly to mitigate any form of advantageous macros.

1: BF1 has purely vertical recoil (unless you change it, but why would you?) pulling simply straight down on the mouse is a simple task and means you maintain control of whether to stay on aiming on the head or counter to the body (when suppressed etc to rasise hit percentage), or when your spread can no longer be relied upon for headshot accuracy) Having a macro do this for you ends up being a hinderence, because it will do it at times when the recoil decrease would otherwise does it for you anyway, such as tap firing at certain ranges due to spread, where you don't really want recoil control, or if you do you want a different amount for each type of burst length. No macro can affect spread directly, if something affects spread it is a pure hack, plain and simple. A different thing altogether.

2: Auto-fire macros are useless in BF1, since each range has an optimum burst and re-set length as far as recoil and spread increase and recovery. So having a macro do this for you,. would make you objectively superior at one range only, but inferior compared to genuine players at all other ranges with the same weapon. i.e not a good idea.

So see, you really should worry less about people using macros in BF1.

Also, the player base is about on par with what BF4's was at this time in it's lifecycle, there's more than enough players.
  • I-Soldat-I
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agree with some of the OP's points but team balancing, sheesh the last few games I joined the teams were terrible. Down to 1 flag, the team I joined seemed lethargic, I just leave and look elsewhere or fire up Steam and play one of my massive catalog of games.

Getting bombed by the plane at the outset. No fun there, wouldn't happen if the planes were on the ground and you have to actually take off versus already flying but that's the dumbed down game we have...
  • ZyGViking2121
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    I agree with some of the OP's points but team balancing, sheesh the last few games I joined the teams were terrible. Down to 1 flag, the team I joined seemed lethargic, I just leave and look elsewhere or fire up Steam and play one of my massive catalog of games.

Getting bombed by the plane at the outset. No fun there, wouldn't happen if the planes were on the ground and you have to actually take off versus already flying but that's the dumbed down game we have...

I agree, I use match making to join on all conquest maps, and I was matched into this 1 server where I was put on a team that lost to 100 - 1000, I stayed in the same server for the next 6 rounds, and all 6 rounds my team lost by like 500 to 700 points. Like are there any balancing going on at all? lol

Also It puts me into games where my ping is over 250 for some odd reason, if I leave and do the match making crap again, it will put me in the same freaking server, ping still at 250 and bullets travel around corners. Guessing the servers are not in the US where i'm located. Try it again and then finds a server where my ping is around 20 - 30 and gameplay doesn't feel like i'm running around in quick sand.

Not to mention people constantly switch to the winning team to get the win...
  • Stealth-Mode45

You don't understand the game mechanics. BF1 has been designed cleverly to mitigate any form of advantageous macros.

1: BF1 has purely vertical recoil (unless you change it, but why would you?) pulling simply straight down on the mouse is a simple task and means you maintain control of whether to stay on aiming on the head or counter to the body (when suppressed etc to rasise hit percentage), or when your spread can no longer be relied upon for headshot accuracy) Having a macro do this for you ends up being a hinderence, because it will do it at times when the recoil decrease would otherwise does it for you anyway, such as tap firing at certain ranges due to spread, where you don't really want recoil control, or if you do you want a different amount for each type of burst length. No macro can affect spread directly, if something affects spread it is a pure hack, plain and simple. A different thing altogether.

2: Auto-fire macros are useless in BF1, since each range has an optimum burst and re-set length as far as recoil and spread increase and recovery. So having a macro do this for you,. would make you objectively superior at one range only, but inferior compared to genuine players at all other ranges with the same weapon. i.e not a good idea.

So see, you really should worry less about people using macros in BF1.

Also, the player base is about on par with what BF4's was at this time in it's lifecycle, there's more than enough players.

You're totally wrong. The mouse macro MAKES the game 100x easier. No weapon recoil. You need to look up the videos...

• Fw-JPhysics
    @Stealth-Mode45
    He not wrong dude, you haven't read or understood what TheNoobPolice has elaborated on. Its easy to watch a youtube video, but putting into context is something different.
  • MassacreO_O
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    These "opinion pieces" are getting a little old.
  • El-Sid-James
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Squad play WAS the reason that Battlefield was so great. Having commander mode with UAV, artillery and 5 or 6 squads actually following your orders in BF2 was outstanding to play. Will probably never see Battlefield work that well ever again.
  • IG-Calibre
    943 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Squad play WAS the reason that Battlefield was so great. Having commander mode with UAV, artillery and 5 or 6 squads actually following your orders in BF2 was outstanding to play. Will probably never see Battlefield work that well ever again.

complete and total fantasy right there, we never saw work like that at the time, let alone ever again.