Can I Create a Battlefield 4 Multiplayer Server?

ThanosAtha
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited January 16
I have purchased Battlefield 4 and some other (expensive) DLCs expansion packs ..... The problem is that there are not usually multiplayer servers with the DLC maps & gamemodes I have purchased, and all the servers have ping problems....... So, what about making an option to start a free LAN custom multiplayer server to play with my friend, allowing me to simply play the expansion I have purchased???
Also, with the LAN Offline option, we'll be able to continue playing Battlefield 4 multiplayer when online support for this great game is over, too!.... Such as every game, if the Lan option exists to all EA games...!
Please help me!
Please take it into Consideration.
Post edited by ThanosAtha on

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    That will never happen. EA/DICE won't release the SDK. Also, this game is old and not supported anymore.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can rent a server from one of many partnered GSP's. NFOservers.com is my personal preference.
  • ThanosAtha
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited January 16
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »
    That will never happen. EA/DICE won't release the SDK. Also, this game is old and not supported anymore.

Then I guess EA products are only for raise of profit, a business of making money, and not just paid games for fun....
    Useless waste of money such as with other future "new" games whose support will end in a year!!!
  • LOLGotYerTags
    9100 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    ThanosAtha wrote: »
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

Then I guess EA products are only for raise of profit, a business of making money, and not just paid games for fun....
    Useless waste of money such as with other future "new" games whose support will end in a year!!!

Every game is made for profit, Otherwise why would there be business in game development?

Another reason for not releasing an SDK is the concern that code could be manipulated and thus result in an explosion of cheats that utilise the frostbite engine more.

Plus most games have between a 1-3 year life cycle, This is nothing new in the industry.
  • JimmisAtha
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I believe that if the game life cycle is not at least 10 years, you should have reduced the price.... The game released almost at 2014, I bought it with my money at 2017 -in the first price- and I have the right to play it with all of its abilities forever....! Or I think you had to notice how many years the game online support will value!
  • Rev0verDrive
    6605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    JimmisAtha wrote: »
    I believe that if the game life cycle is not at least 10 years, you should have reduced the price.... The game released almost at 2014, I bought it with my money at 2017 -in the first price- and I have the right to play it with all of its abilities forever....! Or I think you had to notice how many years the game online support will value!

Or you read the ToS before you purchase.
  • Frogtooth
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JimmisAtha wrote: »
    LOL

When you become King of the World you can issue that edict and command your subjects to play the games you like. Until then, we're stuck with what we've got. And really, how is it EA's fault that players don't like playing all the game modes and all the maps? It's all about supply and demand, and if players demand it servers will appear to supply it.

Be glad you bought BF4 and not Hardline. When I looked an hour ago Hardline had 64 PC players total playing. Also... don't buy Battlefront 1 for PC--it has 250 total players now.

You can't make people play the games you bought.
  • RustedRoot
    2702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    Be glad you bought BF4 and not Hardline. When I looked an hour ago Hardline had 64 PC players total playing. Also... don't buy Battlefront 1 for PC--it has 250 total players now.
    YIKES! I had no idea BF1 numbers were dropping so much. I knew BFH on PC died long ago (not surprising), but am surprised about BF1 as it is their main title.

Sounds like EA needs to really start listening to the community. I'm sure some think that the CTE thing was great way for the community to be involved, but there needs to be more.

#offtopic

• Frogtooth
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    RustedRoot wrote: »
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    YIKES! I had no idea BF1 numbers were dropping so much. I knew BFH on PC died long ago (not surprising), but am surprised about BF1 as it is their main title.
    BattleFRONT, not BattleFIELD. BattleFRONT is the original Starwars game, now replaced by Battlefront II. Battlefield 1 is (sadly) still kicking. It's a tad more popular than BF4 (9000 vs 5000 PC players as I type).